Author Topic: RotS - Deluxe Figures  (Read 39769 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: RotS - Deluxe Figures
« Reply #135 on: May 9, 2005, 05:24 PM »
Anyone have a picture of the color variants on the Vulture Droid?  :-\

I got one last week, but have no idea which one it is...  :(

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 9, 2005, 05:37 PM »
Is it blue, or is it green?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

SilverZ

« Reply #137 on: May 9, 2005, 09:30 PM »

This is the ROTS paintjob. The other one is apparently green with red eyes, from TPM.

I'm not amused. If they're going to do things like this, there needs to be a better ratio of them in a case, like 1 of each color. Around here, while I've seen reports of Wave 2 hitting rather regularly over the last week, I've yet to see them. So while they're may be selling, Wave 1 is filling most of the stores to the maximum peg capacity. I don't see a lot of a chance for future waves to reach anywhere near the saturation necessary to accommodate pulling cute little repaint stunts at 1-per-case within the Deluxe line.

Dammit, Hasbro. WTF?
« Last Edit: May 9, 2005, 09:34 PM by Tydirium »

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 9, 2005, 09:32 PM »
Saw one vulture droid (green) at a walmart, plus they had a deluxe yoda on dragonfly and deluxe clone trooper with flying back pack.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 9, 2005, 10:17 PM »
So while they're may be selling, Wave 1 is filling most of the stores to the maximum peg capacity. I don't see a lot of a chance for future waves to reach anywhere near the saturation necessary to accommodate pulling cute little repaint stunts at 1-per-case within the Deluxe line.

What gets me is that they (once again) saved the Clones until the last wave of Deluxe figures (at least the last wave we know about), and you just know that they'll do about four different color variations of those.  There was a report at GH around the time of C3 that basically said that Hasbro was going to do a few variants of it. 

So, you'll have two Clone three packs per case, in an assortment which has clogged pegs (predictably) since the first day of release, that stores aren't ordering a large amount of because of that initial glut, and it's then that Hasbro decides to start doing paint variants of Clone Troopers.

Way to go Hasbro!   ::)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #140 on: May 9, 2005, 10:38 PM »

Well, this RotS version is the one I got.  *whew*  :)

I'm not really interested in the TPM color since I've already got like 4 of those (the 3-pack and the one from the Naboo Ship).

I guess it fits with the standard Hasbro practice to take the suckiest figure in a wave (Vulture Droid) and make it the one that pisses collectors off because they can't get it (or all the variations of it)!  :P

Jeff

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #141 on: May 9, 2005, 10:46 PM »
Hasbro always places the most desirable figures in a line toward the end - or what ends up as the end, because the initial waves of suck clog the shelves.  I think they probably do this to give the line some longevity, but shoot themselves in the foot by front loading with crap no one wants.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2005, 12:24 AM »
That Vulture droid is cool....

Looking throught my boxes of Episdode I droids, I'm very pleased with this one.

Reminds me of the assorted paint jobs of the Jurassic Park line long ago.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2005, 01:58 AM »
Here are some pics of deluxe Yoda loose with Can-Cell.  I actually like it.  The tail is bendable and you can hold on to it to fly it.  The wing span is about 15" long.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2005, 09:04 AM »
I can't find anything recently. I really want that Yoda.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2005, 10:06 AM »
I have both the Blue Striped and the Greenish-Brown versions.

I've opened one of each and the greenish-brown one doesn't have any detailing for the "eyes" - they aren't red like someone else posted, they are the same color as the body of the fighter. My MOC one is the same way.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2005, 10:11 AM »
On the topic of Yoda, I must admit I was a little disappointed with the Yoda figure.

They really should have called this one Can-cell with Yoda, because the Can-cell is the deluxe figure and Yoda is the cheap pack in.  No articulation in the legs, so he's really only good as a "sitting" Yoda figure (not to mention the square box in his behind where he plugs onto the saddle of the Can-cell  ::)). 

I really like the Can-cell (it is a little too large for my shelf though  :-\), but the Yoda is really only good for riding the Can-cell or sitting on a chair.  Luckily, I've got plenty of other Yodas, so I'm probably not going to lose any sleep over it...

Jeff

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2005, 10:20 AM »
I really like the Can-cell (it is a little too large for my shelf though  :-\), but the Yoda is really only good for riding the Can-cell or sitting on a chair.  Luckily, I've got plenty of other Yodas, so I'm probably not going to lose any sleep over it...

Exactly - there are plenty of other Yoda figures of varying quality - so having this Yoda figure that sits perfectly on the saddle of the Can-cell is a-ok with me.

Has anyone tried to sit this Yoda in his council chair? Remove the wind-swept cloak and he's ideal for sitting in his council seat.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2005, 04:03 PM »
If anyone is interested, it looks like Amazon has Deluxe Wave 2 in stock:

Vader Med Table

Clonetrooper with Jetpack

CanCell with Yoda

Vulture Droid

Also, on a basic figure side note, they also have had both the Royal Guard (Red) and Wookiee Warrior in stock periodically today.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2005, 04:11 PM »
I wish i knew which Vulture Droid I would be getting if i ordered it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"