Author Topic: RotS - Deluxe Figures  (Read 39750 times)

SilverZ

Re: RotS - Deluxe Figures
« Reply #150 on: May 16, 2005, 05:00 PM »
I finally found Vulture Droids at retail today - both the green TPM version as well as the ROTS blue version.

After opening the TPM version, I was instantly startled by how cheap these are. Although I knew these were just retooled fighters from the old TPM toy, it has been a long time since I looked at them, so this feeling of disappointment is all-new for me. As far as deluxe figures go, and the amount of bang for your buck that other toys line the line deliver, notably the Rebuild Vader, the Vulture Droid is severely lacking.

It reminded me of why I went out and bought the Action Fleet Vulture Droid way back when. It actually transformed. It's too bad they didn't use that mold as a starting point for this figure. I think a plastic version of that toy would have been excellent.

Oh, and Pete - the green one I have does actually have red painted eyes.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 16, 2005, 09:25 PM »
It reminded me of why I went out and bought the Action Fleet Vulture Droid way back when. It actually transformed. It's too bad they didn't use that mold as a starting point for this figure. I think a plastic version of that toy would have been excellent.

Jared, I did the *exact* same thing in 1999.  The AF version was (more or less) perfectly in scale with the 4" action figures and it had a lot more (and better quality) articulation.  The only thing I liked about the regular 3-pack version for the 4" line better was the way the "head" piece was jointed. 

If there's a (legit) color variation on figures, I usually go ahead and buy both versions.  The fact that I have the Episode I 3 pack of TF Droid Fighters and the one that came with the Royal Starship makes me realize that I don't need another one with that paint scheme.  Especially since the mold is, with one exception, the same as one of those three pack DFs.

Any idea yet as to when the Ebay Exclusive wave three will start to show up?  :D  I'm probably going to just go with Stass Allie and the Crab Droid in that wave, because I've never been a fan of the way Hasbro cheaped out on the Spider Droid and it doesn't look like they changed it much from the CW version.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 23, 2005, 03:38 PM »
A collector at one of the St. Louis Star Wars boards reported to finding Wave 3 at a Target - he's a good guy, so I'm sure it's legit.  Check out Target.   :)

:P

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #153 on: May 25, 2005, 02:28 PM »
I found some of Wave 3 at my local Target today  ;D
I forgot how lame the Clone Trooper 3-pack is compared to the #41 SA Clone Trooper.  Although for $3.33/figure it's not a bad deal. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 25, 2005, 02:55 PM »
Found them today at a Target too - no Clone 3-pks, but did nab a Crab Droid and Stass Allie - the Crab Droid is awesome, and a lot bigger than I expected once I assembled it.  A definite great buy!

:P

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #155 on: May 25, 2005, 04:17 PM »
For those of you who have found them, any one find the green clones?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 25, 2005, 06:06 PM »
My clones are the "all-white" version

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #157 on: May 26, 2005, 01:30 AM »
For the first time tonight I just spotted the Vulture Droid (Brown) and Super Duper Flying CLone...  Now onto the hunt for this other stuff.

No Vaders or Yoda/Cancel.  Definitely wanting that Vader...  It's just too iconic not to have.  That's one I even would like the variation of. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 26, 2005, 01:51 AM »
No Vaders or Yoda/Cancel.  Definitely wanting that Vader...  It's just too iconic not to have.  That's one I even would like the variation of. 

medical table vader? or as my friends and I have begun to call him frankenvader or vaderstein? He's plentiful in NC.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #159 on: May 26, 2005, 04:25 AM »
He's my favorite ROTS figure, and maybe even my favorite one of the PT era.  Like Jesse said, he's what it's all about.   :)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 29, 2005, 10:23 AM »
The white clones are shipping in wave 3 R1. Does anyone know what rotaion the colored clones are shipping in and if they've hit yet?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 30, 2005, 12:30 PM »
I saw a picture at R2toys of a clone 3 pack with one green clone and two white ones. How reputable is R2toys? Has anyone else heard of this?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 30, 2005, 12:32 PM »
I saw, and passed on, a white clone three pack yesterday.  No idea about colors. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #163 on: May 30, 2005, 11:38 PM »
Found Stass today, its a pretty cool set, the bike is neat and the figure is passable for a pack in.  Maybe close to $8, no lightsaber was a bit perplexing ::)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 31, 2005, 01:46 AM »
I'm sure that this has been answered elsewhere, but is the Speeder bike w/Stass Allie the same design as the BARC Speeder?  I haven't bothered to take a close look