Author Topic: RotS - Deluxe Figures  (Read 39670 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: RotS - Deluxe Figures
« Reply #210 on: September 18, 2005, 10:44 PM »
Thank you, I don't think enough people give this years deluxe line credit. Out of 15 offerings (including the clone variations) only 3-4 have sat. That's pretty good sales and popularity.

I think that the Deluxe line this time around, sculpting and selection-wise, is better than any deluxe series that has been done in the modern SW collecting era.

The first wave, as usual, was kind of iffy, but still, each of those figures were better than their Episode II counterparts.  The second wave was, if I may be so presumptuous, great, and the third wave, ****** Spider Droid legs aside, was also really good.  Around my area, the only figures that sit are the Palpatine and Obi-Wans, and I think that has more to do with the quality of the figures on their own without action features than it does on the characters themselves.

And I will say this: the Deluxe Grievous, having had a few months to sink in, is the BEST Grievous available right now, hands-down.  Best paint job, best sculpt, and unlike the #9 Grievous, his action feature works and works well. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 19, 2005, 01:22 PM »

And I will say this: the Deluxe Grievous, having had a few months to sink in, is the BEST Grievous available right now, hands-down.  Best paint job, best sculpt, and unlike the #9 Grievous, his action feature works and works well. 

Again, you and I agree. I also think he is better scaled and at the very least, imposing.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 19, 2005, 01:36 PM »
How awesome would it have been if Hasbro surprised us with a last Deluxe wave for ROTS?  If they did, what would everyone have liked to have seen?

I would like to see the following -

- Emperor Palpatine w/ Senate Pod
- Utapau Clone w/ Battle Droid
- Padme w/ funeral casket
- Owen and Beru w/ baby Luke

:P

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 19, 2005, 03:16 PM »
I just got back from the local Target where I was able to get my "corrected" Jet Pack Clone (the first version I had, as mentioned earlier, didn't have the blue lines painted on one side of the helmet) and I noticed something interesting once I got it out of the package that will probably give variant hunters a fit, since it's not something you can tell about until you open it.

Earlier in this thread (somewhere) I and a few other people talked about how the Clone's head doesn't want to turn and that when we were able to get it to turn finally, it usually went flying across the room due to the pressure needed to budge it.  Well, that has been fixed in the more recent Jet Pack Clones apparently (the date stamp on this one is 51931) since now the little ball under the helmet is unpainted (white) whereas the first version I had was painted (black) and I think that had a lot to do with the head not wanting to budge.

Not a big deal to those of you who keep stuff carded (and not worth picking up another, really), but for loose collectors like myself, it's nice that the Clone's head can turn without the full power of masculinity behind it.  :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #214 on: October 31, 2005, 02:13 PM »
Just noticed that Amazon has these on clearance - $8 each.

Crab Droid - $7.99
Spider Droid - $7.99
BARC Speeder (with Stass Allie) - $7.99
Clone Trooper 3-Pack (colors vary) - $7.99

I just stocked up on Droids!  2x Crab Droids, 2x Spider Droids for $39 shipped and a free Holo Emperor to boot!   ;D

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 31, 2005, 08:08 PM »
That's a good deal Jeff.  I wish they had made some sort of Battle Droid 3-pk, I would have probably bought 10-15 sets if they had.  Never can have enough Battle Droids...

:P