Author Topic: Revenge of the Sith Visual Dictionary  (Read 2830 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Revenge of the Sith Visual Dictionary
« on: April 4, 2005, 11:14 AM »
The only book I picked up this weekend, and although I haven't read all the way through it, it is neat as always.  Some interesting points found inside, whether this is EU or not who knows, but just some food for thought (Spoilers Present):

"Obi-Wan is not without his secrets, including a relationship with Jedi Siri Tachi, who died saving Padme"

"Dooku's turn to the darkside began with the murder of Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas, his former friend and a confidant in the Order.  Assuming control of the plans Sifo-Dyas had set in motion to create a clone army for the Republic, Dooku saw to it that all mention of the planet Kamino was erased from the Jedi Archives."

"R2-D2's talent for never revealing more than he has to may be due to Anakin's modifications"

"With the creation of the Empire, the Red Guard becomes the Imperial Guard.  Palpatine picked its members from non-clone military units"

"The General is secretly humiliated at having being resurrected as a cyborg."

"It is thought that Baron Papnoida may be a double agent." ;)

"Restless by nature, he (Chewbacca) has also visited scores of planets, and is a veteran of numerous adventures, including run-ins with Trandoshan slavers."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Revenge of the Sith Visual Dictionary
« Reply #1 on: April 4, 2005, 12:24 PM »
It's good to know that Kenobi might have messed around a little :)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #2 on: April 5, 2005, 01:37 PM »
You know, I always assumed the jedi could have flings with each other as long as they didn't develop into relationships. The idea of completely suppressing natural human urges always seems more damaging than beneficial. Its good to think they had an outlet for it.

Plus, the idea of no one having a little "how's-your-father" with Aayla Secura seems like a tragedy.  ;)
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Imperial Outpost

• Youngling
  • I'm not a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 05:20 AM »
Plus, the idea of no one having a little "how's-your-father" with Aayla Secura seems like a tragedy. ;)

If Obi-Wan got some with that haircut, I'd have thought that Aayla would be fighting them off with a stick... or lightsaber. :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 10:43 AM »
Had a chance to read through the Visual Dictionary a little bit more last night, and came across a few more interesting tidbits....SPOILERS present, although much of this might just be considered EU:

-Yoda's Staff/Gimer Stick is a gift from the Wookiees

-Until the election of Princess Leia Organa to the Imperial Senate, Mon Mothma is the youngest Senator ever to hold office.

-Definite SPOILER here......Padme's parents Ruwee and Sola, sister Jobal, and Queen Apailana, are told that Padme was killed by the Jedi on Coruscant.  No mention is made of Padme's pregnancy or where R2-D2 and C-3PO are.  An investigation into who fathered the children wouldgo against Naboo tradition.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 03:45 PM »
I picked this up last weekend and read it cover to cover.  Interesting stuff.