Collectibles > Revenge of the Sith

Target Figure with Cup Sets

(1/17) > >>

darkksith:
has anybody that bought the target exclusive grievous cup / figure set compared the figure to the regular release wave 1 fig? i have read that the cape and paint app is considerbly different. also heard that the clone does not have the action feature. is this true?

JediMAC:
I wasn't able to nab those two, only the Obi-Wan set, so I can't confirm that.  That'd be rather annoying to a lot of the loose completists though, if there were some modifications to these figures.  Don't recall them doing that to any of the first five figures that came with the cups, so it'd be surprising (though clever) if they started doing that now.

Doesn't really matter in my collecting though, since I have to have an opened and packaged cup anyway, and therefore the figure too.  I just hope they get back to some of those other OT ones that they'd originally planned for last year, like the Han, Boba, etc...

Did anyone here wind up buying those off of Amazon Japan last month?  Any word on whether those were ever sent out by them or not?

Simdog:
I can't speak for Grevious but the clone and Obi are the same. The open hand that comes with the cup version of Obi is the same as the alternate hand found in the the bubble of the standard card version.  Also, the Clonetrooper does have the quick draw action. I emailed Yakface and the guy, Bill, has neither replied nor corrected his hastry assumption. In his post, he put "It appears that". WTF? Why post if you don't have the facts?  These are the facts.

SilverZ:
I compared the SP Grievous with the Target Cup version after reading their post, and it is certainly incorrect. I can spot no difference in paint apps between the two figures.

evenflow:
Thats good to know, once i read that there were differences I was thinking about picking them up, but if they are the same i can pass.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version