Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 209975 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: How's the weather?
« Reply #1020 on: January 14, 2007, 10:24 PM »
I drove back home to the Twin Cities from Iowa visiting family throughout the snowstorm. That was not fun. Slippery conditions from time to time, passing vehicles kicking up wall of snow making me snowblind. Still made it home okay, but was surprised to hear that the Cities were getting hit when it wasn't supposed to go north of Albert Lea!! So I missed a bit of "24" but happy to be alive...

I only hope the fellow that struck into the support of an overpass just south of the Iowa/Minnesota border is okay, too. Sheared off the whole front end of the car and the emergency staff on the scene had already cut the door off so I was able to see inside briefly (had to concentrate on my own driving even if I was going 15 mph). My thoughts go out to that person and his or her family. It didn't look too good, but I hope their guardian angel was looking out for them.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1021 on: January 14, 2007, 11:43 PM »
The road crews have failed to put a plow to any of the streets here all ******* weekend, so it took me a half hour to go ten miles from my folk's house to my place tonight. I thought for sure I was going to end up in a ditch, but thankfully, it didn't happen.

I doubt I'll be going to work tomorrow, since it's just terrible out there, and my work is in the worst possible place to be in a snowstorm.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 15, 2007, 08:30 AM »
We finally get some snow (4" maybe) and my 9 year old is in a cast (torn tendon in her foot). I am going to be hearing some serious griping about life being unfair when I get home from work  ;)

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: January 15, 2007, 03:48 PM »
 :P rain tapering off tonight turning into snow.OH JOY! :-\
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 15, 2007, 05:13 PM »
-1°C right now, what a change in temp. Roads are slushy, mucky, filthy blah. Need lots of windshield fluid today.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: January 16, 2007, 12:14 AM »
-1°C right now, what a change in temp. Roads are slushy, mucky, filthy blah. Need lots of windshield fluid today.

That won't hit us.  We're supposed to warm up to about -6 C on Thursday, then back down to -24 on Friday ::)  Windchill warning overnight and tomorrow: -44 C  :D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: January 16, 2007, 04:22 AM »
It's -7C here, not too bad.  I almost miss those -40C days.  Pffft.  Yeah right.  ;D 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: January 16, 2007, 05:24 PM »
1°C right now, break out that BBQ!  :P

Very warm on the way to work, same temp & holding all day. Windshield fluid is a big seller. Staying just below or above zero for the rest of the week, I'll take it.  :)

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: January 16, 2007, 05:28 PM »
 :P Spitting snow all day.with a windchill of 16 degrees paybacks is a b**** >:(

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 16, 2007, 06:19 PM »
Iced over here in Central Texas. Sleet and ice are everywhere. It even snowed for about 30-45 minutes this morning. We've been between 28-30 degrees C since Sunday night. Since anything under 70 degrees is considered cold here, town has basically shut down. No school today, and a very high chance that there won't be any tomorrow either!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: January 21, 2007, 02:26 PM »
That's it I'm packing my bags and heading to Texas..No their iced over as well. Here I sit the fifth, or is it sixth?..weekend with snow and cold. Next weekend was looking promising,it was going to be 40, but some weather channels have started dropping the temps again.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: January 21, 2007, 02:38 PM »
You know, I find myself saying this each and every year, but your wintery weather is more than welcomed here.

We ran the chance of having an ice storm in Northwestern SC today, however the artic high pressure system in New England failed to dam any of the truely cold air far south enough for us to get anything other than cold rain. Ah well, I suppose our light icing from last Thursday will have to suffice for now. At least that caused school to have a 2 hour delay.

Current conditions, as reported by the GSP WFO: 39°F (4°C), Light Rain with winds from the NE at 9 MPH.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 21, 2007, 08:50 PM »
 :P Well,We certainly got our Payback. >:( 4-5 inches of S*** :P

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 22, 2007, 03:45 PM »
 :'( We're looking at another snow system to come in Friday night again. This crap won't melt till June at this rate.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 22, 2007, 05:27 PM »
Super weather thus far, sitting at 4°C & staying on the plus side till the weekend. Forecast for early Feb, ahh yuck!  >:(

Quite cold to very cold with snow!  >:(