Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 209258 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: How's the weather?
« Reply #1665 on: February 8, 2010, 01:26 PM »
I've been speaking to people on site.  They didn't specify between Whistler and Cypress.  But the problem does appear to be at Cypress, where the snowboarding and freestyle events are set to be held.  Training time for the athletes has been cut back by two days because of the lack of snow on site at that location.  LA Times.

I'm thrilled you're in contact with folks on site.  By any chance is one of them a geographically challenged former Miss America contestant?  As I said in my original response to you, Whistler is fine and Cypress, as your link confirms, does need snow.  That hay you refer to is actually being used as a base to build up the sides of the pipe for snowboarding and the ramps for the jumps; they'll then put snow on top of that.   Oddly your reports are starting to sound more and more like my original response to you.  Funny that. ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: February 8, 2010, 03:13 PM »
Winter made fun... Bad morning

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1667 on: February 8, 2010, 07:15 PM »
My gf didn't own a scraper for her truck...  That reminded me of that.  She also didn't own a snow shovel (hers broke, never bought a new one) so we used old coal shovels all weekend.  What a cluster-f.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: February 12, 2010, 01:20 PM »
This is too good for the stupid **** thread.  ;D

Meteorologist freakout.
Winter made fun... Bad morning
I got a good laugh out of both of these.  The meterologist was hilarious.....shovel drift shovel.....oh, boy...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: March 6, 2010, 03:00 PM »
Been very nice up here that past few weeks, temps have been above normal. Feb was the warmest in along time & this month, it's not slowing down. Right now it's 8°C, same the past few days & should be staying on the plus side for awhile. The snow is melting pretty fast!  8)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: March 6, 2010, 03:46 PM »
Ya - I'm really liking the snow melt off - never really noticed it going this fast in recent years, but I'm ready looking forward to seeing anything but white everywhere.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: March 6, 2010, 04:07 PM »
Yeah, I like the snow melt.  Just wish it hadn't decided to melt into an ice dam and seep into the walls.  We have the whole Family Room blocked off with a plastic sheet.  Pro Serve has a giant humidifier and two massive fans drying out the room.  Nice to get it cleaned up, but I'm out $900 and the constant fan buzz is annoying as all get out.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: March 6, 2010, 04:23 PM »
Ick! Ice dams are very nasty, we had them when we livred in a townhouse years ago. Everyone told the manager of the complex to get the snow removed from the roofs or trouble was to be had. By the time the roofs were cleaned, water leaked into the living rooms, bed rooms basements. When we moved, the living room had a lot of roof & wall damage the the manager had to replace as he was warned. A year after our move, the basements in the 6 plex we lived in flooded in the spring... ROTFLMAO at the manager again!  >:D

Still a pain in the ass, hope it work out well for ya Justin.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: March 6, 2010, 09:39 PM »
Thanks man.  It wasn't as bad as feared - just mainly damaged the wood around the sliding glass door.  We might get a new door out of it, which would be nice, since we already hit our deductible.  Insurance will also repaint the entire room, which is pretty sweet.  At least the damage wasn't worse.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: March 17, 2010, 11:01 AM »
Holy lick! It's -5°C at our place & it's freezing rain plus thunder boomers & tomorrow...-1°C & flurries... wtf? 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1675 on: March 21, 2010, 03:58 AM »
We've been mellowing in the 60's here for a while.  It's been great.  50's Sunday though I think, into Tuesday, but then I think it's going back up to 60's.  I had my top down yesterday even, briefly.

Motorcycles are everywhere...  flowers blooming and stuff.  Very weird for March.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: March 21, 2010, 05:34 PM »
I love Texas!!  I was playing ball in short sleeves on Friday night, and watching snow come down yesterday, watching it slowly melt today and it'll be back near 70 tomorrow.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #1677 on: April 5, 2010, 01:50 AM »
San Diego. Easter sunday, beautiful day in the 70's playing with the kids on the lake shore when along comes a 7.2 earthquake. maybe it was the soft moist soil but that was the worst quake I've felt in a long time. still love So Cal.
He's no good to me open

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1678 on: April 5, 2010, 02:29 AM »
It was in the 80's Friday and Saturday here...  Absurd for April.  Absurd for May here, or even June sometimes.

Down to the 50's Friday I hear, but nice days for the most part till then.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: April 8, 2010, 11:30 PM »
Was around plus 10 today & overcast, around supper time the temp dropped & hello! The wind came in & hard blowing crap all around the place. For the past 3 hrs, you can hear the wind & the house creek with the pounding. The wind is 59km/h & gusts up to 80km/h getting very white outside.  >:(

Snow will be gone tomorrow, 5°C. Spring storms.  ::)