Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 209261 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: How's the weather?
« Reply #1740 on: February 2, 2011, 05:34 PM »
Here is a few photos from the last 24 hours:

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: February 2, 2011, 05:44 PM »
I can't even imagine that much snow.  The only time I've seen that much was when I went skiing about 20 years ago.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: February 2, 2011, 05:49 PM »
Wow.  And here I thought the inch of ice I had to clean off of my car this morning was impressive.  But the best snow moment out of Chicago in the past 24 hours had to be Jim Cantore from The Weather Channel getting scared out of his wits by thunder and lightning during the storm.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: February 2, 2011, 06:02 PM »
That video was priceless!  The meterologists up here are just on over-drive.  I don't think they could be more excited.

In the 4th picture I posted, I was litterially standing flat-footed on our street waving to my wife who was on our front porch.  The giant drift was almost over my head.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: February 2, 2011, 06:25 PM »
That is just a RIDICULOUS ammount of snow, Brent.  Very cool pics though!

Feedback

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: February 2, 2011, 10:59 PM »
That weatherman is an idiot.  He's obviously never seen or heard or experienced a west Texas thunderstorm.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: February 3, 2011, 12:30 AM »
Thunder and lightning during a snowstorm is not a common occurrence.  I've only seen it once, and that was during the blizzard of 1996.  It's kind of alarming when you see that during a snow storm.

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: February 3, 2011, 05:26 AM »

We went out for a walk this morning and it was just spraying all over our faces. 

That's what she said.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: February 3, 2011, 06:58 AM »

If it wasn't for the small glimpse of the street on the left hand side of the picture, it seriously appears as though you've been buried up to your neck.  Can't wait to get back from Amsterdam to witness the carnage first hand.  BTW, my flight was cancelled for today because of O'Hare being shut down yesterday.  Won't make it back until tomorrow (hopefully).
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Hows the weather
« Reply #1749 on: February 3, 2011, 11:55 AM »
Queensland, where it floods one week and then we get hit with a cyclone the next
Cat 5 system is due to cross the coast early tomorrow morning, my sister in law lives up where the clcone is going to cross, we told them to evacuate but they wanted to stay.
Apparently biggest system we will have crossing the coast in a generation

Hemish,
Are the cyclones hitting the same area as the recent flooding or is there any difference?  I recall Queensland as being rather a large state so has there been any respite for the Brisbane area or is it all hammering the same places each time? 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1750 on: February 3, 2011, 07:19 PM »
Paul's got ice in Dallas, and we may never hear from him again. :)

Hemish, I hope your sister's ok.  It sounded on the news here tonight like damage wasn't as bad as predicted, and no reported loss of life which is fantastic of course.  Australia deserves a time out for a while from nature.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: February 4, 2011, 05:43 AM »
Yeah shes ok, She came back from the evacuation centre and all they had was a tree on the roof which only took a little while to clear off.
She lives in Cairns so they ended up being lucky and missed the brunt of it.

Yeah this state has copped it this year, federal government is really having to dip into the funds to help rebuild this state.

The town where it crossed is an absolute mess though.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: February 4, 2011, 08:48 AM »
Nasty roads here this morn, it rained all nite... icy & black ice... took me awhile to get home... ******* great...  >:(

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: February 4, 2011, 09:23 AM »
Those of us in the Dallas/Ft Worth area got "hammered" here last night...at least by our usual snow standards.  I've got about 6 inches or so looking over the backyard and alley right now.  Sucks because roads will suck ass and I need to get my daughter to the doctor.

Embrace the suck.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: February 4, 2011, 02:10 PM »
Nasty roads here this morn, it rained all nite... icy & black ice... took me awhile to get home... ******* great...  >:(

Ditto.  My car got rear-ended this morning  ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.