Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 209266 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Snow!
« Reply #60 on: November 3, 2003, 02:11 PM »
I know what you mean OCB, I always kind of look forward to the first snow of the year as well...although we haven't quite gotten it in my area yet.  We had some ice overnight though, some tree branches are down around town, but no major problems that I know of.  We have a chance of our first snow today or tonight though :).

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #61 on: November 3, 2003, 02:12 PM »
It's raining here now, and if teh air gets a little bit colder, we're going to get the white ****. I hate it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 3, 2003, 02:55 PM »
I hear ya Scott.  We picked up 2 inches here in Central Mass a few weeks ago.  It was fun for about 2 minutes.  What kills me is that everyone all of a sudden forgets how to drive.  
« Last Edit: November 3, 2003, 02:57 PM by rebeltrader »

Offline Membraneman

• Jedi Initiate
  • Me, Me, Me !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 3, 2003, 03:09 PM »
Snow! all I can about it is...you can keep it.. :D
I FIND, YOU FIND, WE TRADE

Bob Newton
Membraneman
BHC Administrator
bob@galactichunter.com

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 3, 2003, 03:27 PM »
Yes, we have snow here today also....why I continue to live here is a mystery. :P
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 3, 2003, 03:35 PM »
Blech.  I came home to this.....crap.  

Left Cincy with a forecast high of 74 F.  It was -16 this morning when I left for work.  A lot of the snow we received when I was away has melted, but still, blech.  We apparently had quite the storm.  About six inches, lots of car accidents and five people died :-\

I'm sorry but after this many years of this crap, I'd move to Australia in a heartbeat.  Shipping toys would cost more though :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 3, 2003, 06:19 PM »
It was in the mid 70's and sunny today in NY.  Kinda different.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 3, 2003, 06:31 PM »
These last 3 days in Boston have felt like late August/early September.  Are you guys sure it's November?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #68 on: November 3, 2003, 07:59 PM »
It was in the mid 50's here in Chicacgo with a cold rain.  I always look forward to the first snowfall here, but I'm always looking forward to the last snowfall as well.   :P
dustrho

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: November 3, 2003, 08:09 PM »
It was in the m id 70's here today in Pittsburgh.

Yes, you read that right...  Mid 70's on November 3rd in Pittsburgh.

I got one last day in the car with the top down.  ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 3, 2003, 08:53 PM »
It was 81 degress with clear skies today.We here in the South would love to take some of that snow since it happens maybe only 2 times a year,and a big snow(6+inches)only happens once in two decades down here!And I missed it last year as I was at the beach for school(we got snow as well,it was kinda odd...).I did get lucky enough to see real snow when I was in Washington this past Febuary during the Blizzard.Man was that sweet! ;D
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 4, 2003, 01:03 PM »
I am in Central Illinois.  We apparently missed the the cooler temps.  It was 70 yesterday and near 75 for the high today.  However, it's supposed to drop to 50 for the high tomorrow.  Then 40 for the high on Friday.  Brrrrrrrr.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #72 on: November 4, 2003, 01:19 PM »
I hate cold more than I hate snow...like I said the snow makes the world look a little bit cleaner and pristine.  The cold kicks you in the ass so hard.  It sucks...won't be long until we get those magical -40 windchill days

Back in my Freshman year of college they closed every school in Minnesota when wind chills hit -100 F, they would not let us run from the dorm to the cafeteria right down the sidewalk...it was crazy

We have also been pretty sparse on the snow here, snowmobile and ski resorts have been hit hard the last two winters.  So we are due for a lot of the white stuff.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 4, 2003, 02:08 PM »
Pristine?  Bah, humbug.  

Over the next two days I get to drive about 700 miles for meetings.  Forecast for next two days:  SNOW, awful, cruddy snow.  Blech.  

It's only snowing a little right now but enough to make the highways nice and slippery.  

Dale and I get a special treat that not many others do.  Once the snow arrives, it pretty much stays until spring.  First snowfall for us this year was October 25th.  If it's a typical year, snow should be gone first or second week in April.  Pretty much 22 straight weeks with snow.  Pristine?  Sure, if it doesn't kill ya first :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #74 on: November 4, 2003, 08:26 PM »
It's rained here all day and right now we're having a pretty good storm with flash flood warnings.  I always love a good storm!   ;D
dustrho