Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 209883 times)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
Re: How's the weather?
« Reply #1785 on: April 4, 2012, 09:51 AM »

That footage was incredible.

Where exactly did the tornado(es) pass through?

One passed through Arlington and another through Lancaster and from what I've gathered died out around Ih45.  The storm kept producing funnels and we had our kids out of the portables at school and all buttoned up in the building until well after the dismissal time.  There was one funnel near Town East Mall here in Mesquite and over near one of the high schools there was some pretty good wind damage.  I think this funnel eventually made it to Forney and really messed some stuff up out there.

I'm sure there are more.  Channel 8 here reported something like 15 touchdowns, but that number was unconfirmed as of last night.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: April 4, 2012, 10:30 AM »
Wow.  Glad everyone's okay.  Glad my loft is still in one piece too.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: April 5, 2012, 11:45 PM »
Wow, I can't believe the crazy number of tornadoes that have hit the US this year already. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: December 9, 2012, 02:18 PM »
Think we'll end up at 12" tonight and will be 7 degrees tomorrow with -20 winchill.

At least my dog likes it
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1789 on: December 10, 2012, 01:37 AM »
It's absurdly warm here still.  Wore a short sleeved shirt today.  We've had only flurries so far.  Not liking this.  Rain last few days.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1790 on: June 21, 2013, 12:55 PM »
Not sure if we have any JDers in Calgary, but I sure hope they've grabbed their scuba gear and/or fled for the high ground or their boats.   :-\

Was reading a report that the first ten rows are underwater at the Saddledome, the Calgary Flames dressing room is totally submerged and the water has effectively shorted out all the electronics in the building, including the jumbotron wiring.   :o
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1791 on: June 21, 2013, 04:09 PM »
We could use some of that Water here in Colorado Springs.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: June 21, 2013, 06:43 PM »
Some of the pics from Calgary are frightening, pretty much all of downtown is underwater.  But it's even worse in smaller centers, like High River and Canmore.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2013/06/21/f-calgary-flood-reactions.html

I have family in Calgary, but haven't heard yet how hard they've been hit.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: June 22, 2013, 06:12 PM »
Not sure if we have any JDers in Calgary, but I sure hope they've grabbed their scuba gear and/or fled for the high ground or their boats.   :-\

Was reading a report that the first ten rows are underwater at the Saddledome, the Calgary Flames dressing room is totally submerged and the water has effectively shorted out all the electronics in the building, including the jumbotron wiring.   :o

Apparently the Jumbotron was on the floor surface for maintenance work and is completely done. 

Oddly we got some pretty heavy rains in Winnipeg the exact same day, to the point where the drain in our new Ikea store was shooting up water and they had about 8" of water on the main floor so they had to close down.  Obviously pales in comparison to Calgary though, that's just crazy.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: June 23, 2013, 02:02 AM »

Apparently the Jumbotron was on the floor surface for maintenance work and is completely done. 

Oddly we got some pretty heavy rains in Winnipeg the exact same day, to the point where the drain in our new Ikea store was shooting up water and they had about 8" of water on the main floor so they had to close down.  Obviously pales in comparison to Calgary though, that's just crazy.

****  just ****  <----------------------  Inside pics of Saddledome.   :-\

Wacky wild weather here lately, not like Calgary but we did have odd flooding back in the end of May from the storms that are looming around. Had to fight the waterfall & hail that was coming down the alley from 6-8 blocks away. Luckily no water in the house, was close tho... by a 1/2". Not fun! 

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #1795 on: May 22, 2014, 03:27 PM »
Man it's been hot here in San Diego, there were at least 9 fires at the same time last week. Most were  in the North County and the Inland part of the County, even here in the coast it was in the 90's. The smoke was seen from Orange county to Mexico. Camp Pendleton Marine base was also hit with a fire. This week it's in the 60's and 70's, back to perfection.
He's no good to me open

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1796 on: May 22, 2014, 08:31 PM »
I just hope you guys get rain man...  Lots of very slow drizzling rain over along period of time.  No downpours, just quenching stuff.  Stay safe out there man.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 08:32 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: February 1, 2015, 11:14 AM »
Chicago's pretty white at the moment.  At least 6-8" down already and projecting blizzard conditions from 4pm - 9pm tonight.  Can easily see 1.5-2' by the time it's all done.

Good luck East coast, it's coming your way next.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: February 1, 2015, 03:00 PM »
Chicago's pretty white at the moment.  At least 6-8" down already and projecting blizzard conditions from 4pm - 9pm tonight.  Can easily see 1.5-2' by the time it's all done.

We've shipped all the snow south this summer.  Honestly, if we don't get snow in February then I'll be riding my bike to work in March without much hassle.  That happens about once every ten years or so the last time being around 2003.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: February 1, 2015, 04:06 PM »

It's coming late here to CT. We already have about a foot and a half from last week. I hate snow.