Author Topic: TV on DVD  (Read 4169 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
TV on DVD
« on: March 20, 2003, 08:05 PM »
It seems that ever since the first season of X-Files came out on DVD a few years ago, TV series on DVD have really taken off.

So, what series do you have on DVD? What would you like to see on DVD?

I have:

X-Files Seasons 1-6
Oz Seasons 1-2
Sopranos Seasons 1-3
Six Feet Under Season 1
The Simpsons Seasons 1-2
Twin Peaks Season 1
Best of the Muppet Show Discs 1-15

In the next few weeks, Futurama and The Family Guy and CSI come out on DVD, which I plan on picking up. I hope to keep up with all of these series, thank God they don't come out often.

What's out, that I'd like to get, but is just too expensive with all of the other shows out right now:
Star Trek The Next Generation All Seasons
Twilight Zone Collections 1-4 (9 discs each)
24 (Ok, thats moreso that I just havent gotten around to it)
Transformers

What isn't out (and/or not even planned) that I want:
Continuations of all of the above shows
Twin Peaks Season 2 (not currently planned) as well as the pilot (also not planned)
Ewoks Cartoon Series
Droids Cartoon Series
Clone Wars Cartoon Series (ok, well the show hasn't even started, but you get the idea ;))
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Re: TV on DVD
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2003, 08:11 PM »
Some stuff that may never be released

A-team   you crazy fool
Highlander the series
Party of five
  Droids
Ewoks
Ewoks movies
Making of Sw series
Tour of Duty series

there are so many more
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2003, 08:59 PM »
You'll probably find some more answers in this DVD thread Adam, which surprisingly has managed to fall off the first page finally!

Your DVD Collection

I don't think I'll be getting too much into actual TV series DVDs, but I am interested in snagging a couple of those old time Sci-Fi classic's series when they finally come out - Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers.  I'm sure my wife would probably like to get the X-Files ones too.

Here's a question on TV DVDs though:  Anyone think that VH-1 will release a set of DVDs with their recent "Totally 80's" shows detailing in one hour each every year in the 80's - music, entertainment, pop culture, toys, movies, news, etc.?  My wife and I actually spent 10 straight hours in front of the TV one weekend watching a straight through marathon of all 10 of these episodes.  Absolutely loved it.  Pure nostalgia, including a fair number of SW references in the '80 and '83 years!  I've got to own those shows, and unfortunately have been too lazy to tape them...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2003, 09:03 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2003, 09:20 PM »
I really want some cartoons from my youth put on DVD:

Masters of the Universe
GI Joe
M.A.S.K.
Transformers
Dungeons and Dragons!

I was thinking of picking up the Robotech stuff but it kind of is pricey and I really only watched the first three seasons

I am highly looking forward to Simpsons Seasons 3-5, the best years of the show by far IMO

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2003, 09:20 PM »
Ewoks Cartoons and of course the two movies... Droids as well.

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2003, 09:52 PM »
Scott some of te GI Joes series is out on DVD

If they could get the whole series in one package, noe that would be great

You guys bring up some great ones
 Battle star Galactica , how could forget that one

I think that we may see some of the cable TV shows end up on DVD though
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Jango Fettish

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2003, 09:59 PM »
To expand on what Wayne was saying, Depmode(James) got 2 sets of GI Joe 2 packs that actually come with a DVD, containing 2 old school episodes as a pack in!  :o

As for me, I have "24: Season One" + "The Osbournes" on DVD. I've skipped the Simpsons so far, as I am holding out for Seasons 3 and up. Sure, I should pay homage to the originals, but I'm just not a fan of the Tracey Ullman skits, really.

The Jeffersons, All in the Family, and Sanford and Son have all seen the light of DVD release, so I'd assume others are soon to follow?

My wishlist would include V, A-Team, and if it was feasible..The Electric Company.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2003, 10:26 PM »
I saw those at TRU, packed witha Spy Troops figure right?  I'm talking full seasons on DVD...plus add in toy commercials and the like drool city baby

Jango Fettish

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2003, 12:09 AM »
Well, Sunbow pulled it off for Transformers, I don't see why G.I. Joe isn't already done. The Joe movie is out on DVD, correct?

I'd be interested in just a "mixed" DVD w/ like Droids, Monchichis, Go Bots, Wheeled Warriors, Silverhawks,
COPS, Bravestarr, Thundercats, Pac Man Adventures, etc.

It sounds like something Cartoon Network could put
together.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2003, 01:31 AM »
I'd be interested in just a "mixed" DVD w/ like Droids, Monchichis, Go Bots, Wheeled Warriors, Silverhawks, COPS, Bravestarr, Thundercats, Pac Man Adventures, etc.

It sounds like something Cartoon Network could put together.
Sorry Cory, but did you just mention Monchichis in that list?  Suddenly that bada$$ picture of yours isn't lookin' quite so scary anymore!  :P   :D

Actually, I'm a tad older than ya', so I can't really say that I ever saw the cartoon.  I just know my little sister had a couple of the Monchichi dolls, and I remember that freaking commercial all too well:  Monchichi, monchichi...  Oh so soft and cuddly.  Put the thumb in the mouth, it's really neat.  Fun to play with their little feet!  Or something along that line...   :-\

Anyways, I think I heard there's a Strawberry Shortcake DVD on it's way too, if you're interested...   ;D

I kid...  kinda...   ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2003, 01:39 AM by JediMAC »

Jango Fettish

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2003, 01:49 AM »
Yeah well, I was young and impressionable. Monchichi's were "fresh". Besides, I told you that my exterior is not a true reflection of my interior.

I also wanna see Tigersharks, Denver the Last Dinosaur, Herculoids, Superfriends, Kidd Video, Popples, Smurfs, Rainbow Brite, Snorks, Jem, MOTU, Dangermouse, MASK, Bananaman, Pinwheel, Livewire, Centurions, Captain Power, Fraggle Rock, Punky Brewster, Lazer Tag....

and BY GOD, if RUBIK THE AMAZING CUBE is NOT on that DVD...there will be HELL TO PAY!!!!

« Last Edit: March 21, 2003, 01:52 AM by Jango Fettish »

Jango Fettish

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2003, 01:56 AM »
Oh, and let us not forget the Great Space Coaster and Dragons Lair.  8)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2003, 09:56 AM »
I saw those at TRU, packed witha Spy Troops figure right?  I'm talking full seasons on DVD...plus add in toy commercials and the like drool city baby

Scott, here's a link to the first GI Joe DVD (other than the movie).  It contains the first two mini series and I've seen it at Circuit City for $20 (Walmart had it for $35  :o)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000897BT/qid=1048258150/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-3846922-2776960?v=glance&s=dvd

For TV shows on DVD, I have:

-Simpsons 1 - 2
-Sex and the City 1 - 3
-Band of Brothers

I plan on picking up:
-Simpsons season 3
-Sex and the City season 4
-CSI season 1
-Family Guy

What I would like to see:
-Seinfeld

« Last Edit: March 21, 2003, 10:16 AM by OCB »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2003, 10:08 AM »
I'd be all over a Seinfeld DVD as well as Cheers...my two favorite shows of all time behind the Simpsons :p

Thanks for the Link Mikey, I'll check it out

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2003, 04:26 PM »
I'd be all over a Seinfeld DVD as well as Cheers...my two favorite shows of all time behind the Simpsons :p

Thanks for the Link Mikey, I'll check it out

Ask and you shall receive.  Cheers season 1 is coming in May

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008NV4G/qid=1048281918/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-3846922-2776960?v=glance&s=dvd
Common sense isn't so common