Author Topic: Displaying  (Read 12478 times)

Offline Pliscken

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!..NO IM NOT!! ARE 2!..hehe R2
    • View Profile
Displaying
« on: April 4, 2005, 11:16 PM »
Hey, how do u guys display your figures? I am stumped on mine.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Displaying
« Reply #1 on: April 4, 2005, 11:21 PM »
Movie style dioramas!

I use those huge heavy duty shelving units that you can buy at Lowes and Home Depot. 

For my ROTS stuff, I kind of have fake dioramas right now.  Nothing too elaborate until I see the movie and I start making custom environments for them.

:P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 4, 2005, 11:34 PM »
Image is from above:

Clone Clone
Clone Clone
 Blue   Blue
      Red

Like a parade.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 4, 2005, 11:36 PM »
« Last Edit: April 5, 2005, 12:15 AM by Ook »

Offline Pliscken

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 5, 2005, 01:33 AM »
thats awsome but how do u display MOMC ?

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 5, 2005, 01:58 AM »
Oh, someone else will have to help you there. I've never kept anything unopened. I know a lot of people hang them on the wall. I've seen some in store displays that people have acquired and set up at home.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 5, 2005, 02:00 AM »

I use clear push pins to hang with my MOMC collection.
I remember my dream now.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 5, 2005, 02:02 AM »
By the way Ook I want your Clone Commander and AT-TE Gunner  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 5, 2005, 02:31 AM »
By the way Ook I want your Clone Commander and AT-TE Gunner  ;D
Yeah, it's a shame these were so scarce. If I hadn't spent so much money, I would've grab some for trade.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 5, 2005, 09:12 AM »
Hey Ook.  Does you display of loose figures have pegholes?  Or are they just standing there? 

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #10 on: April 5, 2005, 04:31 PM »
I am primarily a loose collector, so everything loose goes onto shelves in diorama form.  I'm really behind in my opening right now, so I have about half of my figures in boxes from my move, and all of my midnight madness figures are still in the package.

For figures I WANT to keep carded (there are only a few) I tend to put them in star cases before tacking them up to my wall with pushpins, or standing them up on a shelf.

At my office at work, I line the wall (about an inch down from the ceiling) with a bunch of old carded figures, sorta like wallpaper.  Very nice to look up at when you're having a bad day.
Got Clones?

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 6, 2005, 02:23 AM »
Hey Ook.  Does you display of loose figures have pegholes?  Or are they just standing there? 

Most of them are just standing. And yes, they do fall from time to time. :-\ I go bat**** insane when the domino effect kicks in.

On one of those "Expand-A-Shelf" deals, though, I did drill holes for Ultarama pegs. It's not working out too well, though. Some of the holes are too big. Others are too small. Most are probably crooked... My ideal display for 3¾" would be tiered units like this with pegs for support. Ultaramas are no good for me, because only the front row of figs would show. I like them on steps like this. But I'd probably need a drill press to get the things drilled straight and uniformly.

Offline Pliscken

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 6, 2005, 02:41 AM »
K well i just stuck pooshpins in the walls and hung them, i used a laserleveler to make sure they were stragiht

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #13 on: April 6, 2005, 10:06 PM »
Right now, my carded and loose figures are being displayed in rubbermaid bins.  Before I moved, I used to pushpin my MOMC on the walls of a closet I had removed the doors off and my loose figures were all on stands on the top shelf od said closet and along te top of my desk.

I do have some stuff displayed now.  I have a couple of the space ships (the two ROTS Jedi Starfighters, ARC-170, and Obi-Wan's AOTC fighter) on top of my Armoir along with my 12" Biker Scout and Speeder bike.  I have all of my movie posters up on the wall in my living room (tomorrow I add one!), and my computer room has my SW NASCAR cars, and all the plush buddies and the Jedi Mickey Mouse set up in various places.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 7, 2005, 12:17 AM »
I'm actually in the middle of expanding/renovating my Star Wars room.  I'm actually going to have 2 small rooms, side by side, so I'm very curious and thankful for everything said in this thread.   :)

My carded figures are currently on pegboard with 6 inch long hooks, which allows me to put them all on the wall, even though you can't see the fronts of all of them.  I find it works really well, and if I like, I can rotate which figures are actually being displayed.

On one of those "Expand-A-Shelf" deals, though, I did drill holes for Ultarama pegs. It's not working out too well, though...

The majority of my collection contains carded figures, so with my expansion, I'm buying 2 of all of the ROTS figures so that I can display them both carded and loose.  However, I've been really torn as to the best way to display the loose ones.  So far I've just got a few on a couple of bookshelves on REAL Stands, which are very effective at keeping them standing (to avoid the dastarly domino effect).   ;)

I must say, Derek, those stepped shelves are incredible.  Those are exactly what I'd like!  Are those the Expand-A-Shelves you are referring to?  I'm not familiar with them.  Please, tell me more!