Author Topic: Spiderman 2 Movie Thread  (Read 6588 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Spider-Man 2 Teaser Trailer
« Reply #15 on: May 5, 2004, 02:05 PM »
I know I'm really looking forward to this movie, my most anticipated of the year honestly.  Outside of Star Wars, I was into comics quite a bit growing up...and Spidey was at the top of that heap.  I'm hoping it will be even better than the first one, and from the looks of the trailers so far it looks like it should be pretty good.  Plus, I was always a bigger fan of Doc Ock than the Goblin anyways, and Molina looks like the perfect casting choice there too.  Plus, they moved the release date up to my birthday...so I've got to go see it opening day now :P

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Spider-Man 2!
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2004, 12:01 PM »
So who's going on Wednesday!  Everything I've been seeing, readin and hearing about this movie has been praise heaped upon praise heaped upon praise.  Almost to the point where this might be the greatest movie of 2004!

I'm gonna go for sure, can't wait actually, more excited for this than Episode III or almost anything else

And with Green Goblin and Doc Ock taken care of who do you want to see Spidey battle in Spider-Man 3?  My bet is on Venom or the Lizard
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Spider-Man 2!
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2004, 12:13 PM »
I cannot wait for this movie weds. BTW at 7:00pm Wal*Mart is having a special screening of an exclusive scene from Spider-Man 2, along with some featurettes.

I seriously doubt it will be Venom.

Lizard, maybe, or possibly even Rhino!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2004, 12:15 PM »
Count me in as well.  We went over and bought our tickets for a Wednesday matinee (1:00), so hopefully we're all set to go.  We both had vacation time to use up, and Wednesday happens to be my birthday as well, so I thought that was a good present.  I'm really looking forward to this movie...Spidey (and comics) were second to only Star Wars with me growing up (and still today :P).  From what I have heard, this is a really good movie, with fans and critics both really enjoying it.  Plus, Doc Ock is a great Spidey villain (probably my favorite), so its good to see him in this one.  As far as Spidey 3, it is hard to say.  I'm starting to lean towards the Lizard appearing next, or maybe a combination of one or two (second one being secondary).  There was mention once that the Black Cat was being considered for a supporting part in Spidey 2, but was later written out, so that might be a possibility as well.  It would be curious to see what they could/would do with Venom on the big screen too.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2004, 12:27 PM »
BTW at 7:00pm Wal*Mart is having a special screening of an exclusive scene from Spider-Man 2, along with some featurettes.

So. . .  you go into the store at 7:00, and they're gonna play this "exclusive scene" on their little monitors there in the aisles?  

That's just bizarre.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2004, 01:00 PM »
On the big screen TV's in the electronic department, V.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2004, 01:04 PM »
Well since Thursday is a holiday up here, Canada Day & I work night shift so that would mean Wednesday would be my holiday day off... good timing!  ;D I love it when a plan comes together!  ;)

I'm there.  8)  

As for who would be the villain  in Spidey 3, my bet is on this guy:

Doc Oct is going to be sooooooooooooo cool! Enjoy the movie gang.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2004, 01:07 PM »
I can't friggen wait. This movie is gonna kick so many different kinds of ass....

I heard that the Venom storyline begins in SM2 (Mary Jane saying she's marrying an astronaut)....

I say that the Lizard will be in SM3, and but I hope we see some movies where there are more than one villian (Maybe put Vulture, Shocker, and Mysterio together for one?), and have Venom and Hobgoblin finish out the series.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2004, 02:02 PM »
I've read Venom too but Connors is sort of there in both movies so he could be a candidate.

Can't wait to see this one, may play hooky on Wednesday and catch a matinee, although my wife wants to go too.  We're going on vacation next week and will probably see it together then

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2004, 07:50 PM »
i read somewhere that harry osborn taking up the mantle of the hobgoblin was most likely for spidey 3. although, i'd love to see them make a great cgi venom and/or carnage, i'm sure they could run wild with that. outside of those, the other spidey villains/enemies/partners i'd like to see turn up at some point would be:

the black cat
silver sable
kraven the hunter
the punisher
morbius
kingpin
sandman
mysterio
electro
the vulture

i'd also like to see them do something with his black costume. maybe tie it in to the venom storyline, kinda like they did with ultimate spider-man.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2004, 10:15 AM »
Anyone go to a midnight showing?

SilverZ

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2004, 01:59 PM »
Skipped the midnight show and opted for 7pm tonight in a nice theater with assigned seating. It tends to keep the annoying kids away.

Somebody had to see it last night, right? Where's the reports?  :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2004, 02:18 PM »
Catch it on the weekend perhaps, or next week...  My woman is vacationing, and I'm flat broke anyway.

I'm hearing nothing but praise for this too, and everyone's saying it blows the first away even.  That's a rarity unto itself it seems.

My buddy's a Spidey nut...  He must be dying to see this right now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2004, 02:22 PM »
Cory Gave it a thumbs up at RS...hmmm :-\ :P

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2004, 02:40 PM »
Cory Gave it a thumbs up at RS...hmmm :-\ :P

Sh!t.

I'm going to see it this afternoon.

Sh!t.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."