Author Topic: Most wanted resculpts!  (Read 4399 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Most wanted resculpts!
« on: April 18, 2003, 08:18 PM »
We all know Hasbro's put out "a few" subpar figures that we'd like to see redone more accurately at some point in the future.  So what are your most wanted resculpts from any of the modern era line?

A few of mine off the top of my head would be:

• R5-D4 (the Star Tours version doesn't count)
  • Imperial Officer in a freaking TUNIC (flat/pressed) uniform!
  • Uncle Owen
  • Dr. Evazan (though the Cantina pack one might suffice if I ever see it)
  • Lobot (the Disco era ended long ago)
  • General Lando
  • Anakin OPD (ugh.)
I'm sure there's many more that I'm forgetting right now, but that's a start.  So what about everyone else?  Which figures need to be redone?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2003, 11:16 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Most wanted resculpts!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2003, 10:43 PM »
Resculpts are always high on my list of "I wish Hasbro would do it" stuff.

My list goes somethin' like this...

-Hoth Rebel Footsoldier...  Removeable helmet with multiple headsculpts.  Cloth scarf piece attached on helmet.  16 points of articulation and a neutral pose. functioning holster w/RFT style blaster pistol.  Blaster rifle. And for kickers a base that has a "wall" for the trench...  Each base can connect to another on EITHER side forming a jagged trench sort of.

-Imperial Cold Weather "Snow"trooper...  Cloth "mask" piece on helmet.  Functioning holster with scale blaster.  Cloth "Skirt" piece of uniform.  16 points of articulation and neutral pose. Disappearing Blast Mark (I liked it on the CT stormie).  

-Lobot...  Who doesn't want a neutral lobot!?  :)

-Rebel Fleet Trooper (Yavin Base)...  Removeable helmet with rubbery chin strap (XD figures have them).  Functioning holster with proper/accurate blaster.  Scanning gun/tool.  Guards Force Pike.  16 points of articulation and NEUTRAL pose.  Removeable vest.  Multiple head variants (with 1970's hairdos!).  

-R5-D4...  Kinda like Lobot...  I really want a new one with tons of repaints!  Especially that orange R5 in Mos Eisley.  I love the orange look.

-Imperial Officer...  Tuniced officer with black, grey, and olive color variants.  Removeable hat, and multiple head variants.  10 points of articulation per figure and a chair with death star computer console base.

-Grand Moff Tarkin...  Grossly in need of a resculpt.  Sculpt him to be the creepy small man we all remember, articulation to hold his right hand to his chin, and to sit at his conferance table.  

-Lando Calrissian General Pilot...  No goofy stance, just a neutral and fairly poseable figure.  Give him the vintage silk cape of old for a throwback!  Functioning chest holster with officer's blaster.

-Prune Face/Dressellian Commando...  First one's neat, but I'd love a second one without the eyepatch and a bit more poseable (Cloth poncho, etc...)

-Almost every main character...  I mean, look at them! :)  Han Endor, Luke Endor, Leia Endor, etc...  I'd take great new poseable sculpts of almost anything.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2003, 12:00 AM »
I'll stick to some of the glaring examples, and go by film.

THE PHANTOM MENACE
-Qui-Gon Jinn-Jedi Duel (couldn't they just realscan Liam Neeson?!  An absolutely awful likeness)
-Qui-Gon Jinn-Naboo (ditto)
-Battle Droid (The EPISODE I versions were quaint.  The SAGA version are too bendy.  We need something in the middle, like the POTJ Security Battle Droid without the markings)

ATTACK OF THE CLONES
-Anakin Skywalker-Outland Peasant Disguise
-Anakin Skywalker-Hangar Duel (a potentially good figure done in by the action feature)
-Padme Amidala-Arena Escape (my mother told me if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.  I have nothing to say about this figure other than "The chain is nice.  So's the pillar")
-Mace Windu-Geonosian Escape

A NEW HOPE
-R5-D4
-Owen Lars
-Grand Moff Tarkin
-Dr. Evazan
-Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper disguise
-Han Solo in Stormtrooper disguise

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
-Hoth Rebel Soldier
-Zuckuss
-4-LOM
-Lobot
-Han Solo in Carbonite (ROTJ also)
-Captain Piett

RETURN OF THE JEDI
-Jabba the Hutt
-Lando Calrissian-General
-Arvel Crynyd (how about the real one, this time...the guy who crashes his A-Wing into the Bridge of the Executor?)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2003, 12:57 AM »
Good calls on a  new Piett and a new Arvel Crynyd...  I'd LOVE a single ACCURATE A-Wing pilot with removeable helmet.

That would be great.  B-Winger would be welcome too (Human of course).

I could even stand a new Nein Numb actually now that I think about it...  Old one could look so much better with the Saga treatment (Even could use Ten Numb's head and just sculpt him a lil removeable leather hat).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Bespin_refugee

• Youngling
  • "Intensify forward firepower! TOO LATE!! AAAAAHHH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2003, 10:52 PM »
TPM
Qui-Gon Jinn
AOTC
Anakin (Outland Peasant Disguise)
Padme' (Arena ) [w/ execution cart?]
Anakin w/ cloak (reg hand, 'flat' cloak)
ANH
R5-D4
Obi-Wan w/ hood down
Uncle Owen Lars
Luke and Han in CT Stormtrooper disguise
DeathStar Trooper (w/ straight legs)
Luke and Han in CT Stormtrooper disguise
ESB
Dagobah Luke w/ Yoda (How did I forget?!?)
Lobot (one of the rare cases where the vintage one looks better imo)
"Bespin Escape" Lando (no cloak, less limited pose, articulated knees (to recreate the scene)
Imperial Officer (tunic/ olive/black/white)
ROTJ
Bib Fortuna
Salcious Crumb ('sitting')
Luke and Leia in Endor Gear (maybe as deluxe w/ more accurate speeder bikes?)
R2 w/ lightsaber (as barserver?)
 Leia (Ewok Village)
"Endor Bunker" Han Solo (w/out action feature)
EU
Mara Jade
« Last Edit: April 26, 2003, 03:48 AM by Bespin_refugee »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2003, 10:56 AM »
I'm going to get heat for some of these choices but for what we have and what Hasbro can do, we need some better versions of:

TPM
Darth Maul Uber Articulated, Uber Accessorized, SOft Goods Removable Outer Cloak
Qui Gon Jinn Ditto
Obi Wan Kenobi Ditto

AOTC
Taun We Holding her up next to Lama Su is a complete joke
Anakin Skywalker OPD  Possibly my most hated figure ever, an absolute failure on all levels
Padme Arena Second Place
Obi Wan Kenobi No Magnets, No Action features, a robe and a nice basic sculpt, with lots o' articulation
Mace Windu Ditto

ANH (most of these need no explanation)
Uncle Owen
R5-D4
Han and Luke Stormies
Death Star Trooper
Tarkin

ESB
Dagobah Luke (Which nobody has listed yet???)
Yoda More like the vintage figure, one of my all time favs
Lobot low priority but we need one
Death Star Trooper Just for redundancy

ROTJ
Lando General
Imperial Officer With a tunic please
Endor Han, Luke and Leia
Wicket  The first Wicket is horribly disgusting and out of scale slightly...
Ewok God C-3PO Articulated Knees and Golden, it has been a long while
Death Star Luke Cause the current one coming SUCKS and the new one coming is a Jabba's Palace Version

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2003, 02:07 PM »
This is the kind of topic I really like...

...but I will have to come up with my own personal list later, it's bed time for me, I just worked 21 (yes twenty-one) hours straight as I am a Walgreens manager and had a bit of a crisis on my hands at work.

:P

Offline mutantpoo

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
New Death Star Trooper ???
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 02:03 AM »
Hello

Not sure which forum this should go in. Haven't bought any SW figures , well since the org. movies came out but want to get some nw ones now. From what I understand [ from the seemingly endless number of figures and figure lines now ] They are making a new super duper Darth Vader  called "Ultimate Dark Lord",  in 3 3/4 size along with new  Zuckuss, 4-LOM, at-at  driver and Death Star Trooper. What I want to know is is this true about the new Death Star Trooper ? Way back in the day I believe it was called Death Squad Commander , those security guards. Always my favorite figs. I know they made at least 1 newer, more accurate version since then but if a newer one is on the way I'd thought I'd wait for it. Anyone know  ? If so are there any pics anywhere ? Thanks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: New Death Star Trooper ???
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 03:25 AM »
Since Saga seems dead and over with, I'm gonna lock this thread down since you've got one going in the Original Trilogy Collection forum too...  It's the last line prior to ROTS so I'd go with that unless one of the other staff feels otherwise.