Author Topic: Who actually exercises, and how?  (Read 21591 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Who actually "exercises," and how?
« Reply #75 on: May 8, 2004, 01:46 AM »
I bike regularly, when it's not snowy out. Yes, even in December. I bundle up.

I've actually mananged to dramatically cut down on pop (like 12 oz every two days) and don't drink Guinness anymore. If I do drink beer, it's Bud Light or the low-carb Michelob. I drink lots of water, milk, and fruit juice. I've killed ten pounds since the start of the year.  :)

When the water here warms up, I'll be jet skiing a lot too. Not the most fat-burning activity, but it's better than sitting on my ass.

don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 8, 2004, 05:07 AM »
Disclaimer = I am fat.
This summer I plan to drop 30 pounds, then re-gain some of that weight in muscle.

Me too! Wear 36-38 at the jeans. Need to get flexible soon  ;D But I'm happy that girls like me anway  ;) ::)

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 9, 2004, 03:11 AM »
I hit the gym for 1.5 hours,  6 days a week. I do 35-40 minutes cardio, and the rest on weights. I have been losing weight and inches in the past 6 months, and have never set a specific goal. I have taken off 30-35 pounds, and doubled my strength (with some things).
I also play ball hockey for 2 hours a week, which is an ass kicker as it's pretty serious, even though its beer hockey (Canadians will know what I am talking bout)
Once you add it into your scedule, its hard to break out.

Offline P'Dubs of the Sith

• Youngling
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith............
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 9, 2004, 05:39 PM »
Lift weights, run on occasion, sit ups, pushups.

It's not much, but it keeps me mostly happy about the way I look.

Now, if only I could do something about this face thing.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 9, 2004, 11:20 PM »
I hit the gym for 1.5 hours,  6 days a week. I do 35-40 minutes cardio, and the rest on weights. I have been losing weight and inches in the past 6 months, and have never set a specific goal. I have taken off 30-35 pounds, and doubled my strength (with some things).
I also play ball hockey for 2 hours a week, which is an ass kicker as it's pretty serious, even though its beer hockey (Canadians will know what I am talking bout)
Once you add it into your scedule, its hard to break out.

You rang?  BAll hockey is mighty fine exercise, unless you happen to be drinking while you do it.  Then it's not quite as productive after the first hour.  We used to play ball hockey on a guy's rink every Saturday and Sunday.  Sort of a mess after the first hour ;)  

The funniest thing I did in my youth was to play hoops while drinking.  We were all doing it and we all played pretty competitively.  What a waste of time.  As soon as the booze took effect, we gave up.  Pretty much every other sport can be played while drinking, but not basketball.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2004, 11:45 PM »
OK...I'm still at around 212-215.  Looks like my last few posts were right about the time I found out the news myself.  Since my wife can't diet anymore, it sort of gives me little motivation to do it too :-\  Haven't really made an effort to lose weight but so far I have avoided the pregnancy 15 that goes with pregnant wives.  I put that on big time with JediMAX.  Hope to keep that off and continue on maintaining, and possibly lose some more weight.  Tough to do without a gym membership in the Winter in Minnesota though :-*
Hmmm, stepped on the scale last week 227.  It's the pregnancy 15 I dreaded almost to the #.  Well, yesterday my wife and I officially went back on a diet hardcore.  It's been a rough two days, the hunger pains suck the worst because I've been used to a much larger caloric intake.  I haven't weighed myself this week but I don't think I went up, pretty sure I'm at around 223-224

Goal Weight: 201 (10% weight loss)
Right Now: 223.5
Left To Lose: 22.5

Hope to be there by end of August :-\

SilverZ

« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2004, 06:49 PM »
Good luck getting back on track.

I just got back on schedule with a trainer at the gym today. I used to have a regular workout routine, but since I moved and lost the apartment's nice gym, I have been less than healthy or active. I figure this will force me back into the routine.

Once that happens, I'm hoping that the routine will stick. The other major problem is that the closest gym is the 24hr Fitness on Sunset in Hollywood. Its chuck full of the beautiful people and it makes me majorly intimidated.  :-\ It's bad enough being the chubby guy in there, but add that into the mix and I feel like a complete tool.  

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2004, 10:37 PM »
I've been pretty stable for quite a while now.  My goal is pretty similar to Scott's, get in the neighbourhood of 200.  I see the last time I posted I was down to 206.  Sadly, I'm back up to 211 with no excuses.  It's not too depressing because I allowed myself to get very busy with work from about Christmas on, so gaining only 5 pounds isn't too bad considering I worked out relatively little over the past six months.  January to April was good playing basketball and that helped.  Biggest help was switching to unleaded pop though.  

Alrighty, end up summer, 200.  Let's rock and roll (more roll right now :-[)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2005, 10:26 PM »
Since I'm the world's biggest procrastinator, I decided it was finally about time to begin my pre-C3 workout regimine, what with us only having 9 days left 'til showtime.  So I decided to go for a walk today.  Trekked all the way down to Target at lunch.  Roundtrip = 3 miles.  Damn.  My legs feel like ******' silly putty now!  :-[

I'm gonna have to keep at it though, if I'm gonna build any kinda stamina for our crazy week in Indy.  How much weight can I lose in 9 days?  I need to drop a solid 10 before getting there.  Possible?  While still eating like ****, and sitting in front of a computer all day?  Yeah, I didn't think so either...  ::)

But wish me luck anyway!  :P

So, who else is getting [Hans & Franz]pumped up[/Hans & Franz] these days?

I know Jamie is, as his skinny ass has dropped 30 freakin' pounds since I saw him just 9 months ago...  :o
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 10:28 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Who actually exercises, and how?
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2005, 11:10 PM »
I shall heretofore call you "Rounder" :P

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2005, 11:12 PM »
I need to get back into step class now that my 'health has improved'...
BUT, I'm more of a yoga chick... love my yoga classes...
As far as for this last week, nope... but I've broken my plateau that I've been on for the last year now that I'm feeling better- yeah!!!

You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2005, 11:30 PM »
I know Jamie is, as his skinny ass has dropped 30 freakin' pounds since I saw him just 9 months ago...  :o

I've lost another 5 since I saw you a couple weeks ago  ;D

I got serious about wanting to slim down sometime around Thanksgiving, and at one point was running six times a week and basically starving myself in the process. 35 pounds later, I'm in more of a maintenance mode now, and am running 6 miles, four days a week. Speaking of which, I just got back from running and popped a big ass blister on my toe, so I think it's time for some new shoes. I'm not totally starving myself either, but I have completely cut out all soda, and just taken a more heathy approach to eating in general. Luckily this hasn't had any impact on my alcohol consumption  :P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2005, 01:40 AM »
I am such a fat bum you have no clue. With my new job though, I eat less, and I can stand and walk for much longer than I'm used to, with my legs and all. My calves are regaining their definition. Not much weight loss, but I'm certain my muscles are getting bigger with all the screwing and unscrewing, hauling boxes, dumpster walking, and such. :P

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2005, 01:51 AM »
I haven't been exercising at all lately. I did for awhile in March, but this month....I keep telling myself that the plan is to wait until I'm home from C3, and start my mean workout regiment up until it's time for the wedding.  That way I'll be in great shape for that picture that's hanging on my wall forever.

My excuse for not starting sooner has been that I'll be in Indianapolis and that'll mess up my routine.

It's totally lame, and I know it.
Got Clones?

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2005, 02:11 AM »
I run, bike, lift weights, etc. I enjoy excersizing.