Author Topic: RotS Figure Impressions?  (Read 10406 times)

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
Re: RotS Figure Impressions?
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2005, 04:32 PM »
Most recent figs I got are the clone pilot, clone commander and #35 red palpatine.
I really like the comamnder with all his gear, 3 guns, 2 holsters, the grappling line and he just looks really cool. He is very posable even with the soft plastic skirt-thing. I also dig the flip up visor but if I'd have a choice, I'd have pegs on the visor going into little holes in his helmet.
Pilot is cool, nothing special but nothing bad either.
Palpatine looks really cool, I usually have him as evil plaptine with the lightning on his hands. I'm not a big fan of these new saber molded with hands design but it's not bad either. I can't see why they had to make him - as he's been called a salt shaker - with no actual body under the hard plastic robes. the slashing attack is not impressive but at least his arms are still posable.
I give the Commander 4.5 outta 5 stars, pilot  3 outta 5 and palpatine 3.5 outta 5 stars!
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline grievousfoe

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2005, 05:29 PM »
The Anakin on Mustafar is horrible. The picture shows a pretty cool Anakin being burned, but the figure with the robe is terrible. The face looks nothing like Anakin. I'm very disappointed with Hasbro on this tuy, but I guess not everything tuy can be great. At least half the purchase will be worth it.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2005, 05:40 PM »
Agreed about Anakin Mustafar - real ****.

The Palpatine really should have been super articulated.  They gave us a salt shaker figure, meanwhile in the movie he's posed like 100 ways during the fight scene.  It should be soft goods with 14 points of articulation, the one we got is a real piece of **** incapable of being posed.

Whoa I swore twice there.  Such passion.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2005, 05:52 PM »
I agree that we fans do need a super posable palpatine, becasue he gets all funky in his fighting stances with mace and yoda.
I'd like a deluxe palpy with exploding senate pod, lightning extensions and movie accurate saber.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2005, 08:36 PM »
One word:  Clones.

Commander, Gunner and SA.   ;)
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2005, 02:27 PM »
Now that the movie has been released, and viewed, I'm finally opening my figures. So far i've opened the first 20 and over all I'm very impressed. The only stinker so far is the #7 R2, it's just not done very well at all.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."