Author Topic: Wookiee Army  (Read 24073 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Wookiee Army
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2005, 10:50 AM »
Hmmm.... I need about 10 of #43... several will be repainted...

Question - is his bandolier/vest thing removable?

:P

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2005, 10:57 AM »

Question - is his bandolier/vest thing removable?

yep
Common sense isn't so common

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2005, 11:48 AM »
Cool - it looked like it might be.  Customs galore.   :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2005, 06:29 PM »
Eeee, yikes...   :-\

I picked a couple Wookiee's up the other night at Target and Wal-Mart...  Got cream and brown variants in the same night, and honestly I'm not impressed.

He could be worse, but his goofy legs are just like Tarful's...  Not to mention they're pre-posed and it makes standing the figure tough (damn "walking" sculpt to them).  I much prefer the preview Wookiee, and I think Hasbro didn't do this figure justice like that one.  Color me unimpressed.

Not to mention that my cream wookiee's arms keep falling off.  I'm really not pleased with these figures.

I hope the film makes some mention why some Wookiees are absolutely HUGE while others are tiny by comparison as well...  This species is all over the place in toy form, and I'm hoping this is not just a Hasbro flub and that they're all comparable in the movie. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2005, 07:34 PM »
Got one today at a collector show for $8.00.  Well, it's not as good as I hoped either.  I do like the removable vest/bandolier thing, but the Preview version is so much better!

I will still get 3-4 more of them probably, but repainting them is a must.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2005, 07:41 PM »
Got one today at a collector show for $8.00.  Well, it's not as good as I hoped either.  I do like the removable vest/bandolier thing, but the Preview version is so much better!

I will still get 3-4 more of them probably, but repainting them is a must.

These have been flooding my Target lately, the odd thing is, it seems to be the pegwarmer of the wave.  I've already got 10, all the tan color, just to add variety to the 50 preview wookiees I've got.  I'll probably get 10 more of the dark variant.  The preview wookiee is by far the better version, even though the new wookiee is good, the sneak preview wookiee is arguably the best star wars figure ever made.  Although the new wookiee is huge, the preview wookiee is colossal.  I wouldn't have minded if the new one was as big as the preview wookiee.  Overall though, I'm glad we have more wookiees.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

SilverZ

« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2005, 09:49 PM »
I opened both color variants this weekend, and while I'm not completely disappointed, I'm not thrilled. I certainly won't be doing any sort of army building with them.

Looking back, I feel as though the Sneak Preview Wookiee did nothing but set us up for disappointment with the regular ROTS line Wooks. None have come remotely close to it. Not in paint aps, not in articulation, not in the variety of accessories, nothin'.

I think the #43 Warrior (specifically the darker variant) is a better figure than Tarrful, but not by much. Both really come up short, and I'm hoping we see resculpts in Collection 2 later on that come closer to the standards that the SP Wookiee set.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2005, 09:11 AM »
My wookies came with the pre cut army.  If you just look at it the wrong way its arms fall off at what Hasbro calls an elbow.  I guess Grevious got to them.

Gatillo

And they have officially become a peg warmer!
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2005, 11:04 AM »
Are you guys seeing these more at Target or Walmart?  Or somewhere else?

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2005, 02:29 PM »
More at Target than walmart.  I think I saw about a dozen light fur ones last night.  I already have 4 of those, I want the dark ones.
Gatillo

You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

SilverZ

« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2005, 04:48 PM »
Since Sunday I've seen them in plentiful amounts at both Walmart and Target, and then even a few at Kmart.

Walmart seemed to be the place to find the darker brown Wookiee. Of all the Targets I came across that had the figure, only one location had that variantion; the rest had only tan versions.

They're warming the pegs, that's for sure. They need to make these Collection 2, increase the articulation, and improve the paint details. The current figures just aren't flexible or of acceptable display quality to army build.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2005, 06:42 PM »
These are actually pegwarming?  That surprises me, especially for a wave that came out such a short time ago (wasn't it only about 2 weeks ago when they were first spotted?) and that one of its casepack brethren is a former pegwarmer, nay pegsmotherer, itself (the Droideka). 

The WM I was at earlier today had restocked with one case of that wave and the Wookiee was the only one they had more than one of (two tans), but I think that had more to do with Hasbro's ass-backwards case pack ratios (see another thread for my "sky is falling" rant on that) than anything else, since I was the first person to see the figures there since they restocked.

The local Target has apparently restocked that wave about 3 times now, and every time I go in there, I see the Wookiees (again, the tan version) as the "signal" that I had just missed the Clone.  However, every time I've seen the Wookiee there and left it, when I'm back the next day, it's already gone.

Tarfful's and Chewbacca's precedent setting as "WOOKIEE = PEGWARMER" might be spelling doom for the Wookiee Warriors (I still find the SP Wookiee, my favorite of the bunch, mixed in amongst figures at WM), but I honestly think/suspect that, if kids actually do get into this line once the movie is out, the Wookiees will start to disappear a little quicker.

Of all the characters on the pegs (that are at least familiar as far as species/race is concerned), I think the Wookiees will most benefit from their appearance in ROTS finally being shown to the public.  If that clip on TRL last Friday (God help me I watched TRL and my head still hurts) was any indication, the Kashyyyk battle is going to be very cool.

Oh, and strangely enough, my brown Wookiee doesn't have any problem with his arm falling off, but the tan Wookiee, as Gatillo said, is apparently seeing Dr. Nick Riviera for his surgical reattachments.  :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2005, 07:22 PM »
Oh, and strangely enough, my brown Wookiee doesn't have any problem with his arm falling off, but the tan Wookiee, as Gatillo said, is apparently seeing Dr. Nick Riviera for his surgical reattachments.  :)

Really?  This makes me think that this may not be a running change then.  It's entirely possible that these were manufactured in different factories, or they were seperate manufacturing runs.  The paintjob Anakin #2 with Dooku saber is markedly different from the original issue.

The parts issue is the main issue that makes me think they were seperate production runs.  But only Hasbro knows.  Oh well.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2005, 01:25 AM »
I do like the removable vest/bandolier thing, but the Preview version is so much better!

that's the only redeeming quality to those garbage wookiee's..
I got the tan and brown variants..
opened up the brown one.. the tan one I didn't like as much.
I don't understand why we can get such awesome figures out of hasbro liek some of the clones and jedi.. but this wookie is a plastic poop...

I have an extra tan one if anyone is interested..
I may just return it, but i offer it to you guys first.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2005, 05:19 AM »
I've seen more dark brown than tan, and all at Target.  He's not as good as the SP one, but I like him a lot.  Plus he's got the best accessories of just about any ROTS figure.