Author Topic: Wookiee Army  (Read 24075 times)

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
Re: Wookiee Army
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2005, 08:54 AM »
The accessories rock on that wookie.  What sucks is his stance and "articulation", plus he is smaller than the SP one. 

Was it too hard Hasbro to give the accessories tothe preview wookie? >:(
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2005, 11:05 AM »
Eeee, yikes...   :-\

I picked a couple Wookiee's up the other night at Target and Wal-Mart...  Got cream and brown variants in the same night, and honestly I'm not impressed.

He could be worse, but his goofy legs are just like Tarful's...  Not to mention they're pre-posed and it makes standing the figure tough (damn "walking" sculpt to them).  I much prefer the preview Wookiee, and I think Hasbro didn't do this figure justice like that one.  Color me unimpressed.

Not to mention that my cream wookiee's arms keep falling off.  I'm really not pleased with these figures.

I hope the film makes some mention why some Wookiees are absolutely HUGE while others are tiny by comparison as well...  This species is all over the place in toy form, and I'm hoping this is not just a Hasbro flub and that they're all comparable in the movie. 

That's putting it nicely, Jesse.

These wookiees are ****-sandwich. I've seen McDonalds toys that were better quality. I didn't want to complain too much when I opened them, because my fiance picked them up for me. But damn, these are some awful figures. The action feature thing really needs to go away again...and never come back. Seriously. And this wookiee should go with it.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2005, 11:22 AM »
To be honest, as excited as I was about this figure initially, I was a little disappointed as well.  I mean, I'm happy to have some more wookiees for the army...and they "look" good, but the articulation/stance is what bothers me the most.  I don't see why we got that nice knee articulation in the preview wookiee, but then Hasbro uses this "tease" knee articulation with Chewie, Tarfful, and now these other Wookiee Warriors.  They look like they would be ball jointed, but end up just being able to spin around, which is basically worthless.  I'm glad to have some more wookiees, but I am disappointed with the figures a little bit overall.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2005, 03:07 PM »
They sorta remind me of that Boss Nass figure from POTJ.  It was like a door stopper ;D.  It looks good but once you grab it, oh boy, you want to trash it.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2005, 03:13 PM »
This figure is a pretty easy find now... I wouldn't say it's a turd, but it could be a lot better.  If it wasn't for the Preview Wookiee, we probably wouldn't judge it so hard.

:P

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2005, 04:18 PM »
This figure is a pretty easy find now... I wouldn't say it's a turd, but it could be a lot better.  If it wasn't for the Preview Wookiee, we probably wouldn't judge it so hard.

:P

Yeah, the preview Wook does rock the house.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2005, 05:54 PM »
Damn, I was excited to find both variations today. Now after reading this thread, not so much. Ah well, I have all the Wookiees I want now.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Mr.MojoRisin

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Execute Order 66
« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2005, 07:45 PM »
When is the Wookiee helecoptor or whatever coming out?  It has a Wookiee figure.  I want it.
Execute Order 66: www.execute-order66.com

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2005, 12:45 AM »
StarWars.com Databank update on Kashyyyk--nifty **** for those of us who're into that.

Back on topic ... Tarfful and Chewie aren't serious pegwarmers at the stores I frequent, in fact I daresay Chewie is relatively sparse.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)