Author Topic: Wookiee Army  (Read 24069 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Wookie Army
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2005, 01:27 AM »
Got 5 of them today and 3 for a friend... holy sh!t - this figure rivals the VOTC Stormtrooper, VOTC Han and Ephant Mon........

BEST PREQUEL FIGURE YET!!!!

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 2, 2005, 01:38 PM »
Some of you may have already seen this photnovel pic, but if not - here you go. A  Wookiee Warrior displaying the legendary Wookiee Rage.

I can not wait to be able to make a scene with tons of these guys kicking all kinds of a$$.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #47 on: February 2, 2005, 02:02 PM »
The figure is very cool. I just got one, not really into building armies. I will be others it they make them a little different though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 2, 2005, 04:30 PM »
cool pic ;D
I saw 'em but I haven't gotten any yet.  I will soon.  ::)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 2, 2005, 11:32 PM »
I've got 9 of them now.  Just 91 more to go!   ;)

Nah, I'll probably only get a few more... but with nothing else coming out for a couple months, I might feel inclined to keep getting more...

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #50 on: February 3, 2005, 03:21 AM »
I don't know, 91 might not be impossible since there's 20 of him everywhere I go.  Which is a good thing.  I'll get one more for sure and then wait and see what the next one looks like in collection 2.  I love the Wookies.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #51 on: February 3, 2005, 11:21 AM »
Some of you may have already seen this photnovel pic, but if not - here you go. A  Wookiee Warrior displaying the legendary Wookiee Rage.

I can not wait to be able to make a scene with tons of these guys kicking all kinds of a$$.

What's Lando doing in there?  8)
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 3, 2005, 11:55 AM »
Rykrof couldn't resist dressing up in a pimp outfit.  Gotta impress those ladies... heh

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Would you like that "wookie-sized"?
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2005, 04:30 PM »
So after much complaining on my part, I thought maybe I should get some wookies together and take a pic, to see if indeed there is much of a size discrepancy with the new figures?  Well, the photo below (I'm working on getting better, but seem to be getting worse) shows what's up:

From left to right are:
Chewbacca Mechanic POTJ
Chewbacca VOTC
Chewbacca Mynock Hunt
Chewbacca POTF2 - freeze frame
Chewbacca ROTS
Wookie Warrior - ROTS preview
Chewbacca - vintage (yeah, I need a new one for sure)
Yarua - post-OTC

So originally it looks like Hasbro had Chewie pretty much in line with the vintage, in terms of size.  That's a bit ironic anyway, given the early POTF2 stuff was huge.  I haven't actually opened my original orange carded Chewie, so couldn't do that comparison, but I'd bet he was bigger than the POTF2-FF version. 

Mechanic Chewie, Mynock Chewie and VOTC Chewie are pretty consistent, both in terms of height and bulk.  The ROTS figure isn't that much taller than its recent predecessors but it is considerably more bulky, IMO.  Basically it's like he put on about 25% more body weight in the evolution process, or perhaps he goes on a major diet post-prequel. 

Yarua is just plain huge, a complete monster and the Warrior is that much bigger again :o

In general then my initial feeling upon opening these is that Hasbro did indeed throw the scale out the window in an attempt to make these things bigger.  Big boo on that one then, it is really disappointing to me.  I suppose it remains to be seen what the scale is in the movie, but I was more concerned with the scale from a figure standpoint :-\

I was surprised to see the highlights to Chewie's fur started in the VOTC version and to me aren't that different in the ROTS version.  Definitely lighter, but they were largely present in a previous version.  The other Chewies are pretty consistently dark, so another lack of attention to detail knock I suppose.  I imagine the brain trust thinks they're getting more accurate, but that's a wee bit open to discussion.

BTW, not sure if this belongs here or not.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
Re: Would you like that "wookie-sized"?
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2005, 05:18 PM »
Cool pic  ;D
something I read somehere online stated that Chewie is actually 'a little short for a wookie'.  8)
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2005, 05:37 PM »
Anyone know how the other Wookie Warrior stacks up?  Is it the same as the Preview?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2005, 06:12 PM »
You need to get Rorrworr and Tarfful into that pic for comparisons sake, Brent.  Tarfful is pretty big in his own right.  Just about as big as the Preview Wookiee, in fact.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2005, 08:43 PM »
Don't have Tarfful yet :-\  Soon.  I do have Rorrworr though.  I'll update when I get the new fig. 

I was looking at Rorrworr earlier though and he's pretty darn small, smaller than the POTF2 Chewie I think.  Gonna look like a little baby compared to the Warrior.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2005, 08:47 PM »
I was looking at Rorrworr earlier though and he's pretty darn small, smaller than the POTF2 Chewie I think.  Gonna look like a little baby compared to the Warrior.

Well Rorworr is a young Wookiee after all. Whilst the warrior is an adult in his physical prime.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2005, 10:03 PM »
Rowrorr is just the POTF FF Chewie with a new head, so they'll be about the same size. When Hasbro did the POTJ Chewie Mechanic they were getting closer and closer to the proper scale for Chewbacca. The Saga Bespin and VOTC Chewies are the perfect scale when compared to Han or Luke. The ROTS is pretty much the same there. Tarful and the Wookiee Warrior though are almost a head taller than Chewie, so Chewbacca in the end may be small for a Wookiee. :) But overall we're now getting the scale the way we should, so I would have to say kudos to Hasbro.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot