Author Topic: CIII t-shirt and Kisses for Katie Donation  (Read 6131 times)

Offline damon5973

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
CIII t-shirt and Kisses for Katie Donation
« on: March 22, 2005, 08:02 PM »
Hi, I am new to the forums but created a shirt.  I hope everyone can help out.

If you can host pics I can send them to you so everyone can see a mock up of the shirt.

Brad

*******Sizes go from L-XXXL******* (XXXL add 2.00)

Hello to all.  I am a fellow poster in the forums.  I thought it would be a great idea for the people who post in the forums to have a way to recognize each other at Celebration III.  I have designed T-shirts especially for us.  Now, these are no regular shirts!!  The shirt artwork is a cartoon in homage to the original trilogy, designed by Bill Cable of Creature Cantina.  Each shirt will come to you with two preprinted labels of your screen name that you use in either Rebelscum.com or theforce.net or in any other forums.   For example, when you see a label with “damon5973”, you may recognize it and be able to come up to me and say, “Hey thanks for the deal on those figures.”  The labels will be able to be attached on the front of your shirt and then removed.  The back of the shirt will have the cartoon and a list of several sponsors, such as:  Rebelscum, PSWCS, Yodasnews.com, Garrison Carida, theforce.net, Hollywood Heroes, Kisses for Katie and possibly a few others.  As part of this way of getting to know each other, I also decided it would be a great opportunity to help a Star Wars “family member” by making this a charity drive for the Kisses for Katie Foundation. For each shirt purchased I will donate $2.00 to the Kisses for Katie fund!!!!  The cost per shirt will be $15.00, which will include priority shipping, the labels, and the $2.00 donation.

The T-shirts will be white with blue and black ink. 

I will need the following info:

Name:
Mailing Address:
Forum Screen Name(s):
Forum(s):
Shirt Size and Quantity:  _____ Large   ______ X-Large

Payment can be made by paypal to damon5973@msn.com; or money order- email me for mailing address.

Thank you for your support.  See you at CIII.

Brad Portnoy

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: CIII t-shirt and Kisses for Katie Donation
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 08:14 PM »
Good idea Brad.  The only problem with this as it pertains to JediDefender, is that we all already KNOW eachother here.  Many of us have hung out on multiple occasions, and those of us who haven't have still seen a LOT of pictures of eachother here in our Pics to Names thread.  Plus, we'll all be meeting up on Wednesday night together to get the C3 festivities started!  So we won't even need T-Shirts to help identify eachother...

Basically, there's a pretty different vibe here than at RS, where it's a free for all, and nobody really knows anybody else there.  Here, we're all among friends...   ;)

Besides, I already have two shirts that Bill Cable designed, and they both SUCK!   ;D

- Matt

P.S.  You might want to explain the Kisses for Katie drive anyway, for those that may not have any idea what that is...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 08:17 PM by JediMAC »

Offline damon5973

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 09:39 PM »
Thanks for the info.  where are you guys located?  I know bobafett14 is from western PA.  I am outside Philly. 

The Kisses for Katie donation is for a girl whose father is part of the 501st.  She is 6 years old and was diagnosed with cancer.  I spoke to their people and told them what I wanted to do.  They think it is a great idea and are very appreciative of any help.  They had a goal to have 20,000 dollars by February 14th and didn't make it.  I was hoping to hand them a check for a few hundred dollars to help out.  Even if you already know each other  the donation is worth it. 

Brad

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 02:08 PM »
Thanks for the info.  where are you guys located?  I know bobafett14 is from western PA.  I am outside Philly.

We're all over the country, and a few up in Canada.  But some of us do a lot of travel, and are able to meet up with a lot of folks in other states, and/or at conventions like San Diego Comic Con (where I saw bobafett14 last year actually).  Our biggest contingents are in Southern California and Minnesota though.  JesseJames, one of our staff members here, is also out your way, in Pitt.  You're obviously already familiar with the suck, known as Bill Cable, I see...  Just keep an eye on his design for you, so nothing comes out looking like it did on his "Vintage Collecting" t-shirts a couple years ago.  For shame!   :P

The staff here have actually just finished designing our own JD polo and t-shirts for C3 too...   ;)

Anyway, good luck with your shirts, and with supporting the Kisses for Katie drive.  Definitely a very worthy cause there!

If you can host pics I can send them to you so everyone can see a mock up of the shirt.

Go ahead and fire a pic or two to me, or Nataku, and we'll get it hosted and posted in here!   8)

- Matt
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 02:33 PM by JediMAC »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 06:19 PM »
The staff here have actually just finished designing our own JD polo and t-shirts for C3 too...   ;)

- Matt

Is that why Victoria's Secret is sold out of pink tee's??? :-*
Beth

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 08:24 PM »
Oh ZING!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 10:20 PM »

I think Matt is going to take great offense to you insulting his new shirt. 

;D

Offline damon5973

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 12:52 PM »
You guys seem to be alot of fun...... I cant wait to meet some of you.  Only 6 weeks away?  I will be weearing one of the shirts I made a nd a PSWCS shirt. Stop by the table , we have one in the fan club room!!!

Brad

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2005, 01:16 PM »
You guys seem to be alot of fun...... I cant wait to meet some of you.  Only 6 weeks away?

Better adjust your calendar Brad, or you may wind up missing the fun by a couple weeks!   ;)  Convention starts just 4 weeks from this morning...   8)  We'll definitely stop by the Penn table at some point.  I'd like to catch up with Bob, Bill, Jesse, you and the others.  Good group, seems like...

I heard that Beth!   >:(

You watch it, or I'll take a couple Hooters waitresses out on a date with your husband and I, when you're not paying attention...   :-*

- M

Offline damon5973

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 01:26 PM »
I guess I better start paying closer attention. ::)

see ya in 4

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 06:10 PM »
I grabbed one a while back, and can vouch for it!

It's a great idea, and I know theres sonna be a bunch of them floating around CIII.  A little memorabillia from the show, and Besides, it's for a good cause!!!!!!!!

I like the idea of  using it to identify with each others screen name.  so don't hesitate to grab one...oh...and I know you'll like it sooo much, but please don't wear it all 4 days..bleeechhh.

(A little MAD magazine humor thrown in)
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)