Author Topic: RotS - Collection 2 Figures  (Read 12319 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
RotS - Collection 2 Figures
« on: February 24, 2005, 11:05 AM »
Hasbro has now posted "close up looks" at some of the collection 2 figures (looks like 11 of the first 12 to me, no Padme). Although not necessarily anything new, always nice to get some official pics of them too.

;)

Jeff

« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 03:17 PM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
RotS - Collection 2 Figures (Apr 2nd Wave)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 03:07 PM »
Figured I'd start a new thread since the carded Figure thread is turning into one giant jumble of stuff...

The gang over at Action Figure Times have some great new picutres up of some of the Collection 2 figures that have leaked out early...

- The AT-TE Gunner is FANTASTIC.  2-piece helmet!  Removable Armor pieces!  It is realy a GREAT figure and I'm sure the Army builders out there will love him.

- Mas Amedda, as speculated in the carded thread, he does indeed have a tongue that attaches to his face (just like the nose boogers on Dannik).   ::) 

I guess now PotJ Mechanic Jar Jar has someone to tongue-wrestle with...  :P

Head on over and check out the great loose pictures of these figures!

Jeff

« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 03:11 PM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: RotS - Collection 2 Figures
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 04:11 PM »
Maybe Mas will stick out his tongue in ROTS.  Can't wait for that...I guess.  At least it is not EU like Dannik.  Anyway there are nice loose pics of Dooku over at Rebelscum.  Big Spoilers though on that figure if you don't want to know. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 05:14 PM »
The Mas Amedda tongue thing is actually pretty cool - I'm sure he has to do that in the movie - or at least was intended to.  It could be cut out from it.

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 05:17 PM »
So Mas Ameda is the Star Wars Gene Simmons?

I wonder if he markets himself on all kinds of merchandise...  Mas Ameda T-Shirts, Mas Ameda Keychains, etc...  Eh, guess not since Lucas would sue him.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: RotS - Collection 2 Figures (Apr 2nd Wave)
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 06:02 PM »
The Jedi are really looking amazing.  I think this will be the first time I've gone for 2 of each figure - one carded and one loose - simply because they look so great I'll want to display them in more than one way.   8)

- Mas Amedda, as speculated in the carded thread, he does indeed have a tongue that attaches to his face (just like the nose boogers on Dannik).   ::) 

Uh, stupid.  I actually thought that maybe his tongue slid in and out instead of attaching to his face - first ever X-rated action feature - Deep Throat Action!   :-X

Besides this goofy idea, I'm having a hard time seeing anything wrong with these figures.  They are obviously trying to go all out with these - even the bases are greatly detailed and look pretty cool.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 06:15 PM »
Agen Kolar rocks.  His entire robe is removable - even the sleeves.  Talk about a perfect looking Jedi.

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 06:58 PM »
yeah, that robe idea's probably one of the better ones Hasbro has tried, so long as it doesn't look odd in person.  It seems cool by all photos seen, so I'm digging it.

A nice answer to the Hasbro inability to make a good cloth Robe.

The irony there is that Hasbro CAN do good cloth robes, they just needed better fabric.  If anyone here got the "Total Control" Mace Windu figure, they know there's a fabric out there that hangs JUST right.  Hasbro never sought to use that fabric on a sewn, removable robe though.  It would've worked perfectly though...  If I could find that exact fabric I'd be sewing up my own Jedi Robes constantly for all these figures that need a good cloth robe.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 08:16 PM »
Anyway there are nice loose pics of Dooku over at Rebelscum.  Big Spoilers though on that figure if you don't want to know.

Although the figure looks really nice, I think that they (RS) kind of pushed something a little further on the "spoiler" feature than it was intended to go, or Hasbro has screwed up the spoiler itself.  I'll attempt to explain this by darkening the text, although this hasn't worked in the past...

The left hand post surgical removal, ha ha, doesn't look like it was intended to be removed.  Where the right hand has the peg on the hand/wrist and the hole in the arm, on the left arm, the peg is on the arm and the hole is in the wrist.  Maybe I'm not up on the latest SW universe skeletal structures and everything, but I always figured that if the Chosen One sliced through my arm with a lightsaber, it would leave a "clean" cut.

The figure does look great though.  Needless to say I'm going to be going after the Collection 2 figures first and the Collection 1 non-Clone figures will wait (probably only a few minutes, but they will still wait).  ;)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 09:01 PM »
Agen Kolar has to be the best Jedi figure they've done so far.  I'm definitely getting a few of him for customs - robed Obi and robed Mace, and maybe sleeves for the III-28 Anakin, because he doesn't have them (but does in the film).  So excited.  And getting at least three of those AT TE gunners, too. 

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2005, 09:40 PM »
I know.  I can not wait for that Kolar figure.  He'll be one of the first figs I snatch up.  Man the wife won't be pleased on April 2nd.  Not that she's against my collecting.  It's just that she does not like seeing me buy multiple figures all at once.  She may relent though if I whine "But...but...but...it's the LAST Star Wars movie."  That's sure to win her over!!!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 1, 2005, 08:20 AM »
Rebelscum put up some loose pics of Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar and some others.  Some massive spoilers with Kit and Agen.  I was kind of on the fence in regard to Kit Fisto but that put him into the must buy category for me.  Agen looks awesome even without the robe. 

They are not kidding with the "spoiler" label on the pics. 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 1, 2005, 12:58 PM »
Man, these "spoiler" figures are making it really hard for me to be careful about what I know about the movie.  I'll have to be damn sure I don't read the packages when they come out on April 2.   :-\

But the way you guys are oogling them, I'm VERY interested, and will be buying them for sure.   ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 1, 2005, 01:48 PM »
Minor Spoilers....

Looks like Rebelscum now has a preview up of the C-3PO figure, which apparently has removable limbs as well.  Either that, or they're just ripping appendages off of each figures they preview :P.  Doesn't look like too bad of a representation of the ole protocol droid.  Better than the VOTC version it looks, although that isn't stretching far :).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 1, 2005, 03:48 PM »
Bail Organa is in the hizzy over at RS now.  Ok, I don't know what that means, but it looks like a pretty nice figure of ol' Bail.