Author Topic: What ROTS Repacks do YOU want to see?  (Read 9684 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: What ROTS Repacks do YOU want to see?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2005, 01:33 PM »
I don't know, the EPI Battle Droids just don't look proportioned right.  Too thick in certain areas, and can't really stand in a real 'action stance' as much as I'd like.

:P

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2005, 01:48 PM »
The Episode I Battle Droids have all subsequent versions beaten in terms of plastic quality, but they aren't correctly proportioned.  Their thighs are too thick and the eyes/optical receptors are misplaced on the BD's head.

The first BD that was done in the proper proportions was the POTJ Security Battle Droid, which for the most part was also done in a decent quality of plastic (hence why I think it could and should be reissued given the reappearance of that class of BD in ROTS).  The POTJ Boomer Damage BD was also of the correct proportions, but the plastic on it was a little bit lower quality than the Security version.

All subsequent BDs have been properly proportioned and film accurate/CG model, well, on-model, with the exception of the ROTS BD's eyes/optics being misplaced back to the Episode I placement, but as we all know, the plastic quality, as Groundskeeper Willie would say, is "SHITE!"

I'd love to see decent quality plastic Battle Droids with Episode I level or beyond articulation but post-POTJ level proportions.  Hell, do an SA version with a removable backpack and make intentional variants of blue, red, yellow, and plain colors. 

I'm also going on record as saying I want a film accurate Destroyer Droid that, while not necessarily transforming, uses the superior Episode I body and the post-Saga head, and has a clear deflector shield that covers it.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2005, 09:25 PM »
The Destroyer Droid that you mentioned would be an excellent kit-bash.   :)

I'd be happy with a 3-pk of Battle Droids, even if they were pre-posed but had great sculpts and could stand on their own.

Make them with one standing at attention, one with both hands on its rifle in a firing stance, and another with some sort of other action stance.  Then make them ALL WITH REMOVABLE-INTERCHANGEABLE LIMBS.

Make regular tan ones, one with blaster markings, red ones, security ones, pilot versions, etc. 

I'd buy the living hell out of them.   Battle Droid army-building made simple for all.  :)

:P

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2005, 12:49 AM »
^ Count me in.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)