Author Topic: Star Wars Celebration III: Indianapolis  (Read 118637 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars Celebration 3
« Reply #330 on: February 8, 2005, 12:33 AM »
I like those odds...   :-X

Whoops, didn't mean to say that out loud.  :-[
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 10, 2005, 06:30 AM »
Where you guys staying?

Econo Lodge South - Indianapolis

Hey, for 188 and change for the whole 4 day experience, I'm not complaining.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #332 on: February 10, 2005, 07:22 AM »
In general (not this trip, just in general) my opinion on hotels is that if it has a clean bathroom and a clean bed, I'm content.

I'm treating my jaunt to Indy as basically the first vacation I've had in some years, so this is a special trip beyond the con even to me.  $188's great for 4 days, and if you've got the good shower and bed you're set.  :)  That's my take!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 10, 2005, 08:15 AM »
Agreed. I just wanted to save money for Star Wars digs and food while I'm there. I dont need beer money, so I saved there, and I got a hotel for cheaper. I'm paying for gas, so I take a hit there. I'm paying for food. So I take a hit there. So I need all the money for digs I can get, but I have a shot at a high paying job coming up soon, so that may not be an issue. Getting the thursday and friday off will be.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #334 on: February 18, 2005, 08:02 AM »
I'm curious about something that has me a bit confused since I didn't go to Celebration 2.

I "Registered" at GenCon's site to get my tickets, then I ordered my 4-day badge and "registered" for that as well.

Is that all I have to do?  Is it gonna just ship to me now, and is there any way I can tell it IS shipping?

Has nobody received theirs yet, I assume?

I see people saying they "Got" their passes but I'm wondering if they meant they just bought them and they're waiting like the rest of us for them to get there actually. :)

Just wanted to be sure.  I don't wanna be in a panic on this pass issue is all.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 18, 2005, 08:00 PM »
They should be sent to you intime.

Q: I ordered my badge but haven't receive it yet. When will I get it?

If you selected to have your badge shipped to you, your badge should be sent in late March.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 21, 2005, 01:16 AM »
How many of you guys and gals that are going to C3 are fan club members?

After checking out the official C3 website, I found the following benefits:
- early admission to convention centre
- exclusive access to fan club lounge
- friends and family passes
- access to reserved hotel rooms (if any are left?)

I'm still working on going to C3, but if I do, do you guys think it's worth becoming a member simply to gain the "benefits" that you get at C3?  How much earlier will you actually be able to get in as a fan club member?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 21, 2005, 01:22 AM »
I can only answer one question Jesse, and that's that you get in one hour earlier than the rabble.  As a lapsed fan club member (sorry, I haven't seen the benefits and as cool as C3 will be, I remain unconvinced that I need a membership).  A well timed question.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 21, 2005, 01:35 AM »
Yeah, I let my membership lapse too, about 2 or 3 months ago.  I had no need for the online content, but now that C3 is getting close (and I'm actually thinking that I could go), I'm starting to get a little nervous that I should have my membership again. 

Maybe I'm just being goofy though.  With so many people lined up, will one hour really make a difference?   ???

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 21, 2005, 01:38 AM »
And unfortunately, I can't check out the Gen Con website because it seems to be down right now.  Doh!   :(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #340 on: February 21, 2005, 03:56 AM »
Being someone who didn't attend C2, my opinion's a lot less valid, but to me (from what I'm reading) it seems like if you combine it with the magazine, and hyperspace, and then the supposed "perks" you get here and there...  Eh, I guess it's worth it.

Depends if you like the rag and the hyperspace access to go with it all...  The magazine I've always enjoyed enough, and the hyperspace access wasn't something I accepted willingly but it's yielded some benefits I enjoyed.  Get figures through them early is nice, though most of the time anymore I go in on a group purchase with local folks just to save shipping costs.

In the end it's worth it to ME, but I dunno how useful it is at the Celebration events...  People are saying it gets you in early, and others say it didn't do squat for them and they had just as good a time (and as long a wait) in line.  I dunno.   :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 21, 2005, 03:33 PM »
As a confounding factor JJ, JV is in Canada like me.  I expect he gets his rag about six weeks later than you folks do, just like what happens to me.  Not sure why, but you guys have discussed any relevant articles weeks before I'll ever see it.  Bluntly, it shows up at Walmart two weeks before it ever hit my mailbox and I'd usually read anything pressing prior to it ever arriving.

As for exclusive figures, well I don't recall missing out on anything due to a lack of fanclub membership.  Way back in the Wizards days I was able to order the fan club exclusives without membership, managed to get ahold of four toy fair Vaders and haven't minded being delayed by a day to a week on other stuff (really, when was the last time anything sold out - TFV) so the benefit to me is minimal and comes with a premium because I'm in Canada. 

Maybe that makes me less of a fan, if so, so be it.  But I really cannot abide that absurd delay in delivery of the magazine.  I used to subscribe to Sports Illustrated for a long time and never once received the magazine after it was supposed to arrive.  There were occasions when the stores would put it out the day or two days before I received it, but I wrote that off to our apathetic mailman taking voluntary days off ::)  But six weeks?   >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #342 on: February 21, 2005, 04:38 PM »
Wasn't there something about "friends" passes that Fan Club members would get?

Ah yes, here we go:

Official Star Wars Fan Club members who purchase 4-day badges for Celebration III during the pre-registration period online will receive 4 Friends & Family passes that they can use to share some member benefits with non-members.

Benefits include:
1) entrance to the Convention Center during the "fan club only" hour before the center opens to the rest of the public. Once inside the center members can enter anything that is open during the special hour with no additional identification
2) Entrance into the Fan Club Lounge
3) One access to other Fan Club benefits if any are announced.

So, those of us who ARE in the Fan Club can try to help some of those who are NOT in the Fan Club with the passes.

Since I'm a member of HyperSpace (a Christmas present from family), I should be getting the 4 passes which I will gladly donate to the JD.com "Help a Brother Out" foundation to help some poor beer-swilling Canadian get in early or something...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #343 on: February 21, 2005, 04:51 PM »
So, those of us who ARE in the Fan Club can try to help some of those who are NOT in the Fan Club with the passes.

Yep, I can do that as well, assuming they actually send me the buddy passes that is, and don't screw it up somehow...

Good thinking Jeff.  I was starting to get a little bummed that a few of our pals (and roommates) might get stuck in an entirely seperate line.  It's gonna be tough enough spending a couple hours in line to get in, so the more, the merrier!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 21, 2005, 06:35 PM »

Since I'm a member of HyperSpace (a Christmas present from family), I should be getting the 4 passes which I will gladly donate to the JD.com "Help a Brother Out" foundation to help some poor beer-swilling Canadian get in early or something...

Yep, I can do that as well, assuming they actually send me the buddy passes that is, and don't screw it up somehow...

You guys are beautiful man, just beautiful. (and no, it's not the beer talking... I'm at work dammit)