Author Topic: Star Wars Celebration III: Indianapolis  (Read 118714 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Celebration 3
« Reply #240 on: September 27, 2004, 05:44 PM »
Sorry about the language but today is not a good day to piss me off. ;)

Anyways, I finally bought my badge (I didn't dare try to add an extra person to the account ) and was able to book the room I wanted at $151.00 per night.  As soon as you complete the purchase, they give you the code to access the hotels (you enter it when you follow the link that appears below the code).  That site only took about two minutes to complete - go figure  :-\.

My hubby is coming with as my girlfriend is also taking hers and it works out good since they are great "line holders"  :-*.  I don't think he is staying the entire time though as our son plays college ball and if he is scheduled to pitch, Jay will take off to watch (which involves him driving back to Michigan). 

Beth

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 27, 2004, 05:52 PM »

Still can't get through AT ALL.  Decent hotel rooms will definitely be gone by the time that I do, I'm sure.   >:(

This sucks like you said Matt all of the decent hotels will be full by the time we get in.  Hopefully they will fix these problems soon.

For those who have gotten in what are the prices like because I may just use orbitz since that site works.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 05:56 PM by Darth Kenobi »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #242 on: September 27, 2004, 06:00 PM »
Haven't heard of anyone here who's taking their wives/husbands/partners/etc. to C3.

Uh, me...   >:(  Ya heard of me doing that!

heh j/k

She's going as of now...  Things change however.  I don't know if she's even going to go to the con at all though.  We do need to discuss that I suppose...  I don't think she's really interested however, and will likely rest all day, or shop, or whatever...  Then at night we'll get back together to do whatever for dinner and afterwards.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #243 on: September 27, 2004, 06:10 PM »
Awesome Beth.  Congrats, ya' lucky #%*$@&!   :-*

$151 a night isn't too bad, and is much more reasonable than some of the other (non-blocked off) rooms that I've seen so far...

After 3 hours, I FINALLY got logged into their site, but still haven't been able to buy a badge yet, so I still can't get the hotel code to book a room.  This is fun.   :P

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 27, 2004, 06:14 PM »

For those who have gotten in what are the prices like because I may just use orbitz since that site works.

Mine was a double room and the price was 151.00 for the downtown Marriott.  That was about the average price of the other chains connected to the convention center.  I forget which one but one of those listed was only $109.00 per night.    I really didn't scan the prices too much as I knew where I wanted to stay.  I did notice that the Hyatt Regency was not listed and the Marriott's single rooms were all sold out.
Beth

SilverZ

« Reply #245 on: September 27, 2004, 06:34 PM »
Can't get anywhere on the site.  ::)

Hey, wow... another Star Wars related event off to a disastrous start by inept management, Lucas people pointing the finger somewhere else, and customer disappointment. This truly deserves to be called Celebration 3.

Can't wait to get there and be pissed off in person by disorganized lines, massive waits, and some idiotic handling of an exclusive figure.

Celebrate the love! Yub yub!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 06:35 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 27, 2004, 06:57 PM »
I think I got my account setup with them ... only took me a hour to do it.  At this rate around 8 or so I could buy my pass and maybe get a hotel room.  Checking Orbitiz I figure I should try to get a room through Gencon since they seem alot cheaper.

EDIT: It seems like its getting faster.  I just bought my pass and just need to get my Darth Vader and Hotel now. 8)

Edit #2:  Got my room at the Omni Serverin Hotel for $143 a night.  THis was the only Hotel that was available that was connected to the convention center.  Now I just need to get my Vader Ball
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 08:40 PM by Darth Kenobi »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #247 on: September 27, 2004, 09:31 PM »
6 1/2 hours later, and they're STILL down...   ::)

Software error:
Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at /gcmain/rr/rplib.pl line 6874.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (support@regresources.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

This is like SWS.com all over again, but worse.   :P

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #248 on: September 27, 2004, 09:33 PM »
Well, I've finally committed to going to C3!   ;D

And, I'm mooching a spot in someone's room, so that poor shlub is doing the leg work for the room ;)

I'll have to make sure that I buy him a beer at Hooters a local drinking establishment to thank him for his efforts.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 27, 2004, 09:45 PM »
Now the only thing I need to do is figure out is where I'm living when the pass starts to ship in Spring since I'm moving at the begening of the year.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #250 on: September 27, 2004, 11:57 PM »
After sending the GenCon contact listed at their site a tersely worded e-mail on the registration "issues" that they were having earlier today, I got this reply later on in the afternoon from her:

There are lots of people successfully purchasing badges.  Once they complete their transaction it frees up space and allows another person to get on.  The server is at max capacity.  Just be patient and you will eventually get your turn.  This is a testament to the excitement and legacy of the Star Wars brand and its many loyal fans!

Lot of people successfully purchasing badges around 2:30 today, eh?  Yeah, sure...  ::)  You know what, I think that SWS.com is secretly running this whole thing, hence the catastrophic mess.

Testament to the excitement of the Saga and it's MANY loyal fans?  No ****!  If only you guys actually knew that before you put your ill-equipped registration methods in process...  Idiots.

SilverZ

« Reply #251 on: September 28, 2004, 12:14 AM »
There are lots of people successfully purchasing badges.  Once they complete their transaction it frees up space and allows another person to get on.  The server is at max capacity.  Just be patient and you will eventually get your turn.  This is a testament to the excitement and legacy of the Star Wars brand and its many loyal fans!

And a testament to what a bunch of complete tools work at GenCon. Be patient, and you can buy your badge only to find out all the blocks we've reserved at the adjoining hotels are booked solid! And you know what? You're coming regardless of if we provide a pleasant experience or not! This is a testament to the legacy of the Star Wars brand and our contempt and indifference to its loyal fans, of which we take full advantage of!

Suck it, every company associated with Star Wars.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #252 on: September 28, 2004, 11:00 AM »
Again, it boggles the mind they had no idea this would happen...

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #253 on: September 28, 2004, 02:34 PM »
So, let's see...

JD.com Celebration 3 Party
Date: Sometime during C3, TBD
Time: Sometime during C3, TBD
Purpose: Drinking beers and hanging out!

Attendees:
Jeff (Nataku)
Matt (JediMAC)
Brent (Morgbug)
Jesse (Jesse James)
Dale (DSJ)
Jared (Tydirium)
Beth (jadesfire)
Adam (BigDumbWookiee)

Who else is confirmed as attending the bash???

:)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2004, 03:06 PM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #254 on: September 28, 2004, 02:59 PM »
Jared (Tydirium), Beth (jadesfire) and Adam (BigDumbWookiee) will all be there too!   8)  Then there's also some of the less regular JD'ers like Bob (BobaFett14), Josh (Josheee), Tom (Darth Kenobi), Sharon (Darth Shader), Shannon (Princess), etc. who'll be out there also.  So we'll have to definitely get a good meeting time and place to get together.

Then these "on the fence" clowns are definitely going to get pressured into going as well (by me):

Scott (OCB)
Dave (jokabofe)
Jim (chuckles)

Berry says he's going too, but I'll believe that when I see it.   :P

Haven't heard from Jamie (jjks) yet, but I'd bet he'll be there as well.  But it's probably best if we steer clear of him, 'cause he's kind of a trouble maker...

JD.com Celebration 3 Party
Date: Sometime during C3, TBD

I think you mean nightly at C3, Jeff.   ;)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2004, 03:08 PM by JediMAC »