Author Topic: Star Wars Celebration III: Indianapolis  (Read 118482 times)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
Re: Star Wars Celebration 3
« Reply #270 on: December 14, 2004, 09:58 PM »
Oh, I'll be ordering my passes relativley soon. I already have a room reserved, and I already posted the rate.

Now we talk car rentals...

Any good online car rental sites you guys know about?

Vator I'll hook you up to a good rate through Orbitz.

I'll bring a portable DVD player, and Screen my Episode of Highschool Stories, just for you guys. Maybe I can talk to GenCon about getting an autograph booth. :P

Kevin

Budget is always cheap but good.  Also, if you have a Costco card, you usually get an even better rate.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #271 on: January 3, 2005, 11:54 PM »
Hey, whay hotels are you guys staying at?

I want to get a room close to the JD crew before it's too late.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 5, 2005, 12:58 AM »
Hey, whay hotels are you guys staying at?

I want to get a room close to the JD crew before it's too late.

Oh and it's a motley crew at that.  There's what, 8 of us in a room :o *shudder*  Think about one bathroom after a night of beer and hot wings ;)

JediMac is in charge of rooming arrangements, he'll pipe in shortly.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #273 on: January 5, 2005, 01:08 AM »
JediMac is in charge of rooming arrangements, he'll pipe in shortly.

Already did.   ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #274 on: January 5, 2005, 02:26 AM »
I think my room's at the Hampton Inn downtown.  It's a block or two away...  I forget.  We didn't all get rooms together at the same hotel.  I got my room last April/May actually, so I've had reservations for a year.

LFL was blocking off the Hampton Inn I guess, so I musta got in under the wire with them.

I'm gonna be nearer to the PA/Pittsburgh and Ohio guys I guess since I think many (or most) are going to be at that hotel.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #275 on: January 5, 2005, 11:12 AM »
Oh and it's a motley crew at that.  There's what, 8 of us in a room :o *shudder*  Think about one bathroom after a night of beer and hot wings ;)

I'm already planning on bringing a new can of Glade/Oust Air Freshner, and maybe a 3M organic vapor respirator to sleep in.   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #276 on: January 12, 2005, 04:20 PM »
My C3 pass is on the way, now just have to find a place to crash. (I missed the early hotel registrations.)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #277 on: January 19, 2005, 04:55 PM »
Just 3 months / 13 weeks to go!

I evaluated my trip budget and I went through my piggy bank, and everything looks good.  At this point, I'm 100% sure that I've got the cash to be able to go to Celebration 3.  :)

Now that the logistics of "CAN I GO?" is settled, it's time to start figuring out the "what will I do once I get there" portion!

I'm looking forward to meeting up with some of you long-time trading partners and on-line SW pals to put faces to the names (or screen name in the case of you private folks)!

Also, the collector panels look pretty good so far.  I'm always interested in those behind-the-scenes, toys that could have been type talks.  Also looking forward to some of the other multi-media type presentations.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 20, 2005, 11:52 PM »
I am actively looking for someone that is only marginally keen on the C3 event itself.  Y'know, someone that will be interested in hanging out in the bar, say around lunch time ;D

Really, I'm not huge into autographs and the like.  I am interested in seeing what one of these events looks like and in meeting all you people so you can find out that yes indeed, I am really that much of an ******* ;)  I am especially looking forward to mocking Colman's fat ass in person.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 21, 2005, 09:41 AM »
I am actively looking for someone that is only marginally keen on the C3 event itself.  Y'know, someone that will be interested in hanging out in the bar, say around lunch time ;D

Will shall see.  :-*

I am especially looking forward to mocking Colman's fat ass in person.

Arn't we all!  ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #280 on: January 21, 2005, 11:03 PM »
Hey!   >:(

**runs off to start immediate diet**

Also, the collector panels look pretty good so far.  I'm always interested in those behind-the-scenes, toys that could have been type talks.  Also looking forward to some of the other multi-media type presentations.

Ya' know, I had a lot of those collecting panels penciled into my schedule for C2 Jeff, but then I realized how many conflicting time problems I had with other events that I ultimately deemed more important/fun.  So I didn't attend ANY of those panels.  I think I made a good choice though, when all was said and done, 'cause seeing stuff like "Star Wars in 30 minutes", some of the discussions in the main hall with the SW actors, etc. were just way more memorable than stuff I could probably get online if I really needed to.

Granted, I'd certainly enjoy the collecting panels as well - if I had the time, but they just dropped down the priority list once I got there and saw what else was being offered...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005, 11:05 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 22, 2005, 01:50 AM »
If anyone gets a chance, can i ask for someone to hook me up with the con figure of vader??
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 24, 2005, 07:16 PM »
I have some questions for those attending CIII, any info would be appreciated.

Are there any CIII hotel blocks left, this late in the game?

What is the average price of rooms in or around the convention area?

It seems you can only get official hotel info once you buy tickets.  Trying to work out some details.  Thanks!
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #283 on: January 24, 2005, 07:53 PM »
I think I heard last week there may still be a few rooms available Ricardo.  But yeah, if you want one of the SW.com "blocked off" rooms, you have to register through the GenCon site for a pass, and then they'll give you the hotel code and info you need to try and find a room.  Most of the real close ones (and more expensive ones) I think sold out pretty quickly, but I'm sure there's still some in the outlying areas not too far away that can still be had for a decent price.  I can't recall, but I think that some of the cheaper ones were a little under $100 a night.

Hang on just a second, and I'll see if I can login and find out if there's anything still available, and for how much...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #284 on: January 24, 2005, 08:02 PM »
Nevermind.  Can't seem to access any of the hotel info.  Apparently I've gotta use the e-mail they sent me (which would be at home).  I'll try and scope it out later tonight for you!

On a related note, anyone going in on those "Toppers"?  I nabbed the Vader one with my registration.

Here's what the C3 sites says about them:

FREE Exclusive Darth Vader Topper for Advance Sale 4-Day Badge Holders!

Fans who purchase a 4-day admission badge for Celebration III from the official site can receive the show's first exclusive collectible - a Darth Vader "3-in-1 topper". The topper, featuring Darth Vader's signature mask and helmet, is for car antennas, pencils, and key chains, and is free for 4-day badge holders for only a $2.95 handling charge.

Once at the show, collectors can pick up a set of three other Star Wars toppers, complete with a display case created specifically for Celebration III. The three other exclusive toppers are General Grievous, a red Imperial Guard, and a clone trooper. The display case is designed to hold all four toppers, but the only way to get the fourth – Darth Vader – is with a 4-day advance sale Celebration III badge. The Darth Vader toppers are limited to one per 4-day badge purchased in advance, adult or child.

If you have already purchased your 4-day badge and did not opt in for the Vader topper, and want add the topper to your order, please go to registration.gencon.com/celebration/ and login then select 'Buy your Darth Vader "3-in-1" Topper' and add it to your cart and proceed to check out.

Please note that the deadline for advanced badge registration, and for ordering the exclusive Darth Vader topper, is Friday, March 4 at 12:00 noon PST.

Sounds kinda cool (not that I'd actually put one on my car, or anything).  Here's the others: