Author Topic: Photo Novel section.  (Read 26856 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Photo Novel section.
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2005, 03:08 PM »
Thanks Jedi Mac!  You're the man, and this site is the best.   :)

I don't suppose we are going to be able to get a link on the main page (like below Jesse's Review Section) that kind of advertises the photonovels... or can we?

Yeah - I can send you the links... I had tinkered with the idea of redoing a bit of the first 5 photonovels in the Rykrof Enloe series... just touching up a few shots (Angry Ewok was originally working on this, but unfortunately had some PC problems).  Would it be possible to resend any of the stories?  Or is that not gonna work?

:P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2005, 08:42 PM »
Alright fellas, I just went ahead and set it up... Photo Novels!  8)

I don't suppose we are going to be able to get a link on the main page (like below Jesse's Review Section) that kind of advertises the photonovels... or can we?

Hmm...  I'll have to talk to the boss and rest of the staff about that one, and get back to you on that.  I'd guess we might not have an answer, or be able to do anything on it, 'til after C3 though since we've got our hands full prepping for that right now...

Yeah - I can send you the links...

Well, I went ahead and took a stab at which ones looked like they belonged in there, and moved those myself already.  So go ahead and LMK if there's any I missed, or any that shouldn't have been moved.

I had tinkered with the idea of redoing a bit of the first 5 photonovels in the Rykrof Enloe series... just touching up a few shots (Angry Ewok was originally working on this, but unfortunately had some PC problems). Would it be possible to resend any of the stories? Or is that not gonna work?

Not completely sure I'm following here Justin, but do you mean having us get them all hosted?  Just not sure what "resending them" entails, so please expound on that a little more if you would...

- Matt

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2005, 11:27 PM »
Thanks Jedi Mac!

I had always hoped they would be hosted here, but if that's too much trouble I understand.

If it can't be done, then I am sure I can figure some other way out on getting them updated and redone.   :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2005, 11:37 PM »
*cough*me*cough*

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2005, 12:35 AM »
Thanks Famine... I didn't want in impose... but if you don't mind, I will send them to you.   :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2005, 09:56 PM »
An update on the front page about the new sections and a plug about chewies story being here would be really good for buisness. ;)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2005, 10:21 PM »
I'd also like to see the photonovels mentioned on the front page. They're a lot of fun, and at LEAST as interesting as the review that's currently up there...of a figure several months old...  :P

I kid! I kid Jedidefender.com! But seriously, this is my favorite SW site, and I'd like to see Chewie's hard work get a little more attention from people who have maybe never even looked in the customs section.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2005, 11:01 PM »
I kid! I kid Jedidefender.com! But seriously, this is my favorite SW site, and I'd like to see Chewie's hard work get a little more attention from people who have maybe never even looked in the customs section.

That was my point exactly!  I don't customize, and just stumbled upon the photonovels because I do like to occaisionally see some customizing work.  I do like the mini-secton for them in the customizing section.  ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2005, 11:12 PM »
Thanks DD... and let's not forget how awesome Lance Quazar's photnovel series is, and Jediknight760071's is looking nice too.

And of course, we've had an influx of great new work lately (like yours DD) that has added a lot to the customs section.

Hey Matt - if you ever have any questions/comments or suggestions - on any of our work in the photonovels and customs - please ask in that section.  Who knows, there might be someone else lurking through there that has the same question but never asks.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2005, 11:32 AM »
An update on the front page about the new sections and a plug about chewies story being here would be really good for buisness. ;)

New Photo Novel Forum Mentioned on the Front Page

If you guys want to drop me a line when something new is posted in the Photo Novel forum, I'll see what I can do about posting a news item...

Jeff

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2005, 12:24 PM »
Man I love you guys.  You are the best.  Thank you for doing this!

When I update a new photonovel, I'll let you know.   :)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2005, 06:31 PM »
Thanks Chewie.  I do like what y'all do in the customs section and will say so on occaision.  I really try not to critique people's work since I don't really know the first thing about customizing andall these years of AF supervisory training have taught me not to critique something unless I know of another way to do it.   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2005, 12:22 AM »
Feel free to critique though - seriously.  You don't have to be a customizer to contribute to that section.

Give feedback on what you think looks nice, what you think doesn't, make a suggestion on a figure that you would like to see someone try, etc.

Also - feel free to give your opinion on the photonovels too.  The more feedback we get, the more inspired we are to make more.  If there isn't feedback, it's hard to want to make them, or even want to post them in a forum.  I feel that way and I know that Lance Quazar does.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2005, 03:44 AM »

New Photo Novel Forum Mentioned on the Front Page

If you guys want to drop me a line when something new is posted in the Photo Novel forum, I'll see what I can do about posting a news item...

Jeff

THIS is why JD is my favorite SW site. Ask, and you recieve!  ;)

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2005, 06:41 PM »
BTW - great new update today! 

A HUGE UPDATE!!!

Jediknight760071 added several photonovels all in one day!