Author Topic: Photo Novel section.  (Read 26853 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Photo Novel section.
« on: April 6, 2005, 10:57 PM »
How about setting up a section just for the photo novels people put in the customs thread?

I wouldn't want to pull traffic away from the forum that highlights incredible customs that everyone in there does, quite the contrary.  I think a separate section would highlight the custom work more and for those of us that also read the photo novels, their own section would make it easier to read previous ones, since many are parts of a series.

Just my two cents.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Photo Novel section.
« Reply #1 on: April 6, 2005, 11:07 PM »
Interesting idea Matt.  Maybe we could do something akin to what we've already done with the Sports Forum in Watto's, and what I just did with the new C3 forum in the Conventions section tonight.  Check 'em out if you don't know what I'm referring to...

We have the ability to set up "Child boards", which is basically just a sub forum, within a regular forum section.  So we could maybe do a "Photo Novels" sub forum within the regular customizing forum.  How'd something like that sound?  Then you could have them separate, but still in the same place...

How many of these Photo Novels do we currently have going on right now?  Like, how many thread's worth are we talking about here?  LMK, and I'll toss it around behind the scenes and see if that's cool with the staff, and if so, we'll get rolling on the idea.

- Matt
« Last Edit: April 6, 2005, 11:07 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 6, 2005, 11:29 PM »
I don't see whats wrong with it right now, but thats me. I enjoy the current layout. :)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 7, 2005, 11:41 AM »
I enjoy the current layout too... maybe, just maybe we could get a link somewhere on the site that hosts photonovels.  Originally I believe that was the idea with the Rykrof Enloe series, but with some technical difficulties it has yet to happen.

Jedi Mac, I've got 9 so far that are done.  The last 4 all have separate threads here in our customizing section on:

#6 Assassins of Evil
#7 Chaos
#8 Traitor Within
#9 Aggressive Negotiations

The first 5, I am thinking about changing just a bit to make the effects a bit better.

:P
« Last Edit: April 7, 2005, 11:43 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 8, 2005, 12:10 AM »
So Chewie...you're making SE photnovels now?????   ;D

I'll check out what you're talking about, JediMac....I haven't had a chance to yet today.  I honestly don't know how may photonovels there are, I just threw out the idea of them having their own place.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: April 8, 2005, 05:23 AM »
I'm concurring with Matt on the notion of making a mini-section within the Customs area rather than whole separate forum.  I've never liked that about hte Diorama section at Scum, it just feels like it separates two ends of the hobby that should go together.

"Hey, you got customs in my photonovel!"  "Hey, you got photonovel in my customs!"...  :)  They just go together.

But a separate section with customizing is a dandy idea.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 8, 2005, 04:03 PM »
I'm all for a link or something that takes you right to the photonovels.  I think that would be super cool.

Also, yeah I guess Matt it would be some sort of Special Edition.   :) 

Really, the first 5 I did look horrible in some aspects to me.  I think they could be a lot better.  I wouldn't redo the stories or anything, just touch up a couple of the shots... maybe even retake just a couple of them.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2005, 04:59 PM »
Do what you want Chewie...but I'm quoting your post if I ever see you get on GL's case for the SE's!  :P
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005, 09:27 PM »
Ha!  Actually I support the Special Editions 100%.   :)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2005, 11:58 PM »
Even Greedo shooting first???

Dude, that's just wrong!  ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2005, 12:31 AM »
Well I agree that Lucas should be able to do what he wants with his movies.  That was what I was referring to.

The Greedo thing and the Gungans at the end of ROTJ are my only things that I would have preferred he not add.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2005, 08:54 PM »
Speaking of photonovels... my latest one is up now thanks to Famine.   :)

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2005, 12:58 AM »
I support the motion for a mini-section...

You could make sticky threads, but too many would be ugly and un-appealing for customizers going there to look at customs, not photonovels.

A new section would be---well, full enough to not be in the customizing section, but not full enough to be its own section.

The mini-section eems like a great idea.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2005, 12:36 PM »
C'mon staff members.  Treat us with a photonovel mini-section.  It would be so cool and unique to this site.   :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2005, 01:29 PM »
OK.  I'll see about getting that "Child Board" (sub-forum) up in the customs section for you guys.  Did you scope out the other ones that I mentioned for the Sports and C3, in the Watto's and Conventions forums?  Will that work...?  That'd be the easiest way to do it.  So LMK!  :-*

Also, what exactly would you like it to be called?  Just "Photo Novels"?  Or "Custom Photo Novels"...?

Justin (CHEWIE), it'd be helpful if you could get all the different photo novel links summarized and sent over to me so I can move them all in there once we've set it up (both yours, and anyone else's).  Thanks!

- M
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 01:32 PM by JediMAC »