Author Topic: Space  (Read 4398 times)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Space
« on: April 7, 2005, 05:33 AM »
You guys are buying tons of stuff, just wondering what are you doing wit it, Display or storage?
How are you displaying it, is other stuff coming down and the new stuff going up or what?
WHats happening with all these new toys??
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: Space
« Reply #1 on: April 7, 2005, 05:42 AM »
At this time all of my ROTS toys are sitting on the ARC-170's box which is on top of another box (an Episode 1 Queens Starship packing case) under the windows in my collection room. I plan on getting a small shelving set to put under the window to house the ROTS line sometime soon. As of yet there are no plans to move any older toys off of their shelves as that would just suck. Then again there is a bunch of stuff from the POTF2 days I don't have displayed due to lack of space or relevance.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

SilverZ

« Reply #2 on: April 7, 2005, 06:07 AM »
I don't think I'll have even opened all of my figures until tomorrow. Right now, they're scattered all over the place. My goal is to find a space to set the opener set out in sequence, and really look over the figures.

For the carded set, I'm half way through sealing them up and putting them in storage containers for their trip to the storage unit. What hasn't been put away so far is just sitting in the middle of the floor, in the same spot that started several weeks ago with my first, fortunate early score from a Walmart.

The ARC-170 is sitting atop the bedroom TV, in a bold statement of maturity and class.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 8, 2005, 10:57 AM »
I've been arranging/rearranging things over and over lately, trying to get everything to fit and not look too cluttered.  The figures really aren't too much of a problem right now, but where I am running into issues is with the vehicles.  I really like having them all out on display, and don't want to pack any away, but its really getting tough to find space to display these.  By far, the biggest space culprit is the Gunship.  I only have one, but with its wingspan it really only fits in a few places, and then not much else can fit along with it.  This week, I have been slowly opening up the ROTS ships I've gotten so far (Anakin Starfighter, Obi Starfighter, ARC 170...as well as the smaller BARC and Boga), so its even more of a problem.  How do you go about displaying your ships?  Do you try to put them with or near the (same) movie figures?  Do you just display ships seperately altogether?  Do you end up having to pack some away, or just skip buying them altogether?  I definitely don't have all of the ships, but its been hard finding enough space for what I do have:

Millennium Falcon (POTF2)
FX X-Wing (POTF2)
B-Wing (POTJ)
Republic Gunship (SAGA)
Tie Fighter (OTC)
Darth Vader's Tie (OTC)
Tie Interceptor (POTJ)
Slave 1 - Jango (SAGA)
Slave 1 - Boba (OTC)
ARC 170 (ROTS)
Obi-Wan's Starfighter (ROTS)
Obi-Wan's Starfighter (SAGA)
Anakin's Starfighter (ROTS)
Naboo Starfighter (TPM)

Plus the smaller speeders/bikes/etc.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 8, 2005, 11:09 AM »
Right now all of my ROTS stuff (and lots of other stuff that I've acquired over the past few months) is all being packed away in storage, which kills me. I just ran out of space a while back, and have no more room left for anything.  :-\

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 8, 2005, 02:11 PM »
That stinks, I'm starting to get in the same situation....particularly with the larger pieces.  I really want to have everything out on display, but I'm just plain running out of room for it.  Aside from taking down movie posters and putting solid shelving on every wall, the space issue is starting to be a losing battle.  I could pack a couple of larger ships away, but I just don't wanna ;).

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 01:19 PM »
I'm thinking about building something to take care of my larger vehicles. I've got kids who play with the Star Wars stuff, so I can justify something a little less conventional.

I'm looking at the Women's Day Space Station from 1979, or some modification of it anyway. I've got a thread about it here.

Since we're in similar situations, what do you guys think about something like this?
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 08:45 AM »
pics:

www.photobucket.com enter bobafett14 for the album
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 08:46 PM »
Right now...it's a mix of display and storage.  I've framed the ROTS movie poster I have and i't up in my living room.  My 1:24 scale Nascar cars, MR Mini-Obi-Wan sabers and Darth Tater are on my desk.  My Plush R2, Beanie Buddies and Jedi Mickey are on my Futon in my computer room.

My 3 3/4" figures are going in storage for now until I get space for them.
This is the way.

I have spoken.