Author Topic: RotS Wookiee Helicopter with Wookiee  (Read 14869 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: RotS Wookiee Helicopter with Wookiee
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2005, 03:20 AM »
Either Wookiee fits the gunner seat well.

I love this ship myself...  First, it meets my criteria of being to-scale...  It's one of the rare times Hasbro went balls to the wall and sculpted a full-scale vehicle for the figure line.

Second, this thing is beefed up in detail.  LOTS sculpted into it, right down to engine detailing galore.

I have one gripe, the figure.  Hasbro's short-changed anyone who bought any vehicle with a pack-in, and the Wookiee Copter is no different.  Shorting the articulation on the pack-ins is doing the end-product no favors.  A nice neutral Wookiee would've been great.

I'm not talking a removable ammo harness even, or "Super articulated" figure.  Some nice knee articulation to get him "crouched", and maybe some swiveling elbows.  This figure would have been good enough for carding even then, just painted differently.  He's got a rockin' paintjob though.

Anyway, I have a Preview Wookiee (still the best WOokiee ever short of VOTC Chewie) I got for $2 at the local toy show in the rear seat, manning the strafing gun.  The gun lacks some detail but I've got it so the Wookiee's aiming it to the left and can imagine the copter banking and droids flying to pieces just like in ROTS.

The vehicle's "action feature" for flying is even inventive, attractive, and functional.  This is probably one of the best vehicles Hasbro's put out in a long time and for a REALLy good price.  $15's not bad at all, even with the figure being lackluster.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2005, 03:27 AM »
Sounds good. I'll probably make someone by it for my birthday. :D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2005, 03:55 AM »
TRU had a butt-load of these out my way today.  I was shocked.  Target had a handful too.  First I've seen them in abundance.  Seems like at least some vehicles are shipping in good numbers.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2005, 04:38 AM »
These are actually starting to sit a little, which surprised me, since it's the coolest ship out there.  That reminds me, I haven't seen an AT RT in months.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2005, 11:42 AM »
These are shelfwarming here, along with almost every other vehicle. I'm waiting for a massive clearance so I can get this helicopter, along with some other vehicles I want.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2005, 10:36 PM »
These are actually starting to sit a little, which surprised me, since it's the coolest ship out there.  That reminds me, I haven't seen an AT RT in months.

I am kicking myself for not getting the AT-RT when I had the chance.  I guess I thought it was going to sit forever and I'd pick it up someday.  Ooops. 

The Wookie Flyer looks pretty cool to me.  I want some other clone type stuff but we'll see if I break down and buy this piece anyway. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2005, 10:59 PM »
Broem, there is a Walmart not too far from my area that did have a ton of AT-RT's about a month ago.  They were $19.76 each, which is higher than I think they should be... but if you want, PM me and I can try to swing by there and grab one or two if you want.

:P