Author Topic: Ever have anything stolen?  (Read 3665 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: stealing from you
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2004, 10:34 AM »
I had my car stolen, and I was robbed at gunpoint. He only got 11 bucks and my old cellphone.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2004, 11:03 AM »
My car (old one, CRX) was broken into five times.   Flawed design, no where to hide stuff.  But yeah, car stereo each time plus whatever else happened to be in the car: sunglasses, tools, cash.  

I did have a friend that was in a similar boat and used a highly illegal technique to discourage thieves as such.  Not sure how it works currently, but probably the same way: when you steal a car stereo you have to pull the wires out of the back.  Lots of folks (hey, I knew some pretty scummy guys ok?) don't bother cutting the wires, simply reach up underneath and grab the wires, yank them and pull out the stereo.  My buddy knew this and booby trapped his car with razor blades and fishing hooks ;D  Sure enough, somebody broke into his car to steal the stereo, reached under and left a significant blood donation in his car.  

The thief also then proceeded to beat the snot out of the guys car, causing infinitely more damage than otherwise would have happened.  I've never seen anyone so happy to have their car broken into.  No idea (don't remember right now) if they caught the guy and my buddy caught some heat for all the damage and why there was so much blood in his car?  Still.  funny.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2004, 11:12 AM »
3 car stereos between Sept of last year and Feb of this year.  All at different locations and during different times of the day/night.

It won't happen again though, I dont leave ANYTHING in my car.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2004, 12:44 PM »
My Uncle Dale's friend did the same thing.

I had poke`mon cards robbed from me back in the day.

My grandmothers car was broken into along with a whole bunch of cars and homes down our street, one Christmas night. All my toys were thrown down the street and destroyed by the plow.

I had a sad day after Christmas. :(

Kevin

The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2004, 01:07 PM »
My Uncle Dale's friend did the same thing.

I've got an uncle named Dale too.  Just thought I'd share this new commonality.

SilverZ

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2004, 09:51 PM »
My car (old one, CRX) was broken into five times.   Flawed design, no where to hide stuff.  But yeah, car stereo each time plus whatever else happened to be in the car: sunglasses, tools, cash.  

Thieves love Hondas I guess. They got the radio from my CRX twice, the second time using a flathead screwdriver to work the lock on the driver's side. I did love that car though.

Right after I bought my Civic, someone broke in, got the radio, popped the trunk, and ripped out the CD changer. I had a trunkload of toys in the back as well, which they picked through. I had a brand new Millennium Falcon, unboxed, that they left, opting instead to take a 12" Star Trek Generations Shatner. So much for their taste in sci-fi.

Since then I've had 2 cars with soft-tops, and frequently leave the top down, and have never had a problem with theft. Go figure.  ::)

« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 09:51 PM by Tydirium »

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2004, 10:52 PM »
hey, Philip Wize stole my account at Scum once

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2004, 01:41 AM »
My old Camry had it's trunk popped at some point and all that was taken was the a $20 emergency road kit. Didn't even bother with attempt on the cd changer in the trunk. I don't even know when it happened, one day I had used the kit then put it back, about 2 weeks later I goto the trunk to drop something off inside and the kit is gone. Was so damn weird, cause the kit didn't have much more than a lug wrench, flashlight, and a screwdriver or two.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2004, 01:41 AM by CorranHorn »
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2004, 08:01 PM »
i was robbed once, in new york city. a semi-funny story about that day:

i was younger, maybe 15 - 16, and i had gone to the village in nyc via the path train from nj. i had about $150 on me and was going over there with the intent of spending said cash at a comic store i used to go to on a semi-regualr basis.

i went over by myself, and went to the shop. putzed around for a few minutes, since i sometimes have a hard time convincing myself to spend money on "non-essential" things (even to this day, although the great 2004 collector's challenge would make you think otherwise), and decided to leave without buying anything. the train station was about a block away from the store, and as i got about halfway back to the station, i changed my mind and decided to go back and pick up a copy of giant size x-men #1 that the shopkeeper had on the shelf for $150, but was able to talk him down to $125. this was back around 1983, and i had a good job and nothing better to spend my money on.

after that, i went and got a bite to eat, and a few other things i don't remember. but i remember that i had $6 left in my pocket. the train was $1, and i always kept $1 in quarters on me for that reason. so i start walking down the tunnel, and these two guys jump out from around the corner in the tunnel, and point a gun at me, and ask me for all my money. i emptied my pockets, and gave them the $6 i had. then they asked me what was in the bag. i said, "just a comic book... here, you want it?" to which they looked at each other, said "no", and took off running.

so basically the moral of my story is that if i hadn't went back and spent my money on a comic book, i would have gotten robbed of about $150 in cash. but i didn't.

Offline Durge

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2004, 08:32 PM »
My car radio was stolen once, but I got a funky new one to replace it. :)