Author Topic: Shak Ti is cool  (Read 3530 times)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Shak Ti is cool
« on: April 10, 2005, 08:28 PM »
So i picked this up From Stewart McKenny at Supanova over the weekend, he is also doing me another pic of Luke and Vader

Man i love his work
Oh and i got this from another artist named Rebecca Clements

She's also done a full colour version of this but i have a thing for pencils and inks
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Shak Ti is cool
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 12:49 PM »
I like how he did the lettering for the lightsabers - that's cool. Thanks for sharing these, :).

Offline Aaron_D

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 12:25 AM »
Some nice drawings there Hemish.  Do you commission artists to make these for you, or are they free items from friends or Star Wars fan acquaintances that you have?

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 08:57 PM »
Hey Aaron
The bottom one was commisioned and the top one is for a trade, i met Stewart the year before at the same con and we got talking , turns out he collects the toys as well, so we just do the occasional trade , imerials and clones for his artworks , an agreement that is fine by me

Hemish
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 09:41 AM »
Those are some very cool pieces there Hemish!! Do you frame them, or just store them somewhere? And do you have any others?

That's a great deal, trading toys for original artwork. I wish I knew an artist that would be interested in doing some commision work for me like that.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 07:28 PM »
Those are some very cool pieces there Hemish!! Do you frame them, or just store them somewhere? And do you have any others?

That's a great deal, trading toys for original artwork. I wish I knew an artist that would be interested in doing some commision work for me like that.
This is the other one he did for me, we traded a sandtrooper builder set for it  ;D

They are getting framed as we speak and should be ready for pick up on Tuesday, which for me cannot come fast enough, they will both be matted and framed and i also got 2 of my theatre wides framed as well, my David Prowse and Jeremy Bulloch, can't wait to see them up on the walls proper.
When they come in i'll be sure to take a photo and post it up here.
This is the other piece Rebecca Clements did for me.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 07:32 PM by Hemish »

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2005, 10:47 AM »
Finally framed

And somehow when i gave my book to comic artist Nicola Scott she drew Shak-Ti as well, this will framed next along with a theatre wide or two

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 2, 2005, 11:31 PM »
Shaak Ti is cool?  No, I'd say she's hot.  The picture is a bit washed out, but whaddya want from 50 feet away in a darkened theater with a cheap digital camera?  Green top :o

Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.