Author Topic: RoTS Photo Manipulation  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Violentfix

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Cobra: The Inner Sanctum
RoTS Photo Manipulation
« on: April 11, 2005, 04:50 PM »
Hey guys, this is my first post here.  Some of you may know me from around the internet and if you follow GI Joe at all.

For those that don't know I run a pretty large GI Joe website and specialize in doing Dio-stories as well as Photo work with toys and I've decided to branch into the Star Wars universe.  Dabble a bit with the toys, and maybe do a Dio-story if Hasbro can keep giving us better articulation.  Well, to make a long story short, here are some pics from the site.  Call them, Coming attractions, I guess.

Photos on on the third post down

I know they're small, but I don't want to give away all the goodies before the site even opens.

Nice to meet you all, I'll be seeing you around the forum.

PS: If anyone wants to check out the Joe site, it's at www.cobratheinnersanctum.com  It's quite big, make sure to check out the Dio-story section if you're into that kind of thing.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 04:57 PM by Violentfix »
For the GI Joe Fans out there, Check out my site:
www.cobratheinnersanctum.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: RoTS Photo Manipulation
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 04:53 PM »
Welcome to the site

The markup code is

[img ][/img ] (remove the spaces) ;)

Not [image][/image]

Offline Violentfix

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 04:56 PM »
Thank you very much,  Here they are.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 05:05 PM »
These are very cool - and welcome to the site.  Once you get the photonovel going, be sure to post it in the customizing section!

The Palpatine pic w/ the building background is so cool.

:P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 05:41 PM »
Welcome to JD!  Definitely some nice looking dio-story pix there!  Looking forward to seeing more of your work.  We've got a few other Photo Novelists showing their wares here, so we're currently contemplating adding a Photo Novel sub forum into the regular customizing board.  We'll keep you posted on that as it develops...

So enjoy the site, and we'll look forward to chatting with you more around the boards here.  Holler if you have any questions!

- Matt

Offline Violentfix

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 09:37 PM »
Welcome to JD!  Definitely some nice looking dio-story pix there!  Looking forward to seeing more of your work.  We've got a few other Photo Novelists showing their wares here, so we're currently contemplating adding a Photo Novel sub forum into the regular customizing board.  We'll keep you posted on that as it develops...

So enjoy the site, and we'll look forward to chatting with you more around the boards here.  Holler if you have any questions!

- Matt

Just speaking from experience here.  At least when it came to the JOE boards so many people miss out on Dio-stories, (or as you guys call them Photo-novels) when there is a dedicated section.  I can't tell you how many people really dig these when they get into them and by giving them there own place on the site, a lot of those people that really liking dio-stories will never even see them.  It's amazing to me how often someone that I know and have chatted with on numorous occasions will stunble upon my site and be amazed that they had no idea that Dio-stories existed and how great they were.  People are strange.

Granted, a section dedicated to them would be great, but just to play devils advocate here...  If a Dio takes place during the clone wars?  Wouldn't it make sense that collectors of the clone wars figures might be interested?  That goes for any part of the Star Wars universe.  And how many of those people might have never event thought to check out the part of the forum called "Photo-Novels"?

Just my two cents from the experiences I've had in a collector community that thrives on Dio-stories.   Take it for what it's worth.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 10:27 PM »
I totally agree.... that's why I've been asking for a special section on the site for photonovels here for several months...  Something on the front page would be so nice... it could also help increase the traffic to this awesome site and increase interest in photonovels and customizing in general. 

Would it be too difficult to have a link on the front page that sends you to a separate page here with the photonovels hosted on them?  I know it's been discussed, but I don't know where the discussion is leading.   :-\

Seriously - I've done 10 photonovels now, and have worked my tail off on them.  I would be ok with mine being exclusives here to this site... and I know there are other people making them too now.

:P