Author Topic: What new Customs Projects are you planning?  (Read 12620 times)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: What new Customs Projects are you planning?
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2005, 12:50 AM »
I don't like posting what I'm working on because I always leave it and start something new  ::)

I'll try to finish those droids, but today I was cutting the accessories off of one of those BBi soldiers from TRU and I think I can make him into some sort of clone hunter.  I'll give him some beat-up clone armor and a helmet, a custom paint job (ala Fett or some other Mandalorian), and have him hunt down and kill Commander Gorb and his troops!

CHEWIE - I hope it really is a small break!  I always love seeing your new customs ;D  Are your photonovels uploaded on TheCustomAlliance.com yet?
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2005, 10:46 AM »
No, for some damn reason they aren't updated yet.  They were supposed to be update on July 11.  Bah!   :)

Possibly they will be updated here soon. 

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2005, 11:31 PM »
Ok, I think I have an idea for some Clone Wars AT-AT Drivers... will see if I can get something customized and up this weekend.  Pretty simple but I think the idea will be effective.

I hope this weekend to work on my next photonovel, but I need to relax... photonoveling is not relaxing at all.   :-\

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2005, 12:57 PM »
My apologies, I've hit a bit of a rut with my customs this week as most of my free time is going into the next photonovel... I'd like to get #14 and #15 finished up and then take a month off from the photonovels.

Anyways, I do have my custom complete for this month's customizing challenge, and am looking forward to showing that as well.

For future projects, I plan on making the following for sure within the next few weeks (time permitting of course) -

- new Quinlin Vos
- new Badoo Corba Terrorist
- new alternate outfit Alyssa Enloe
- new alternate outfit Padme
- new rogue Jedi

Also, Owen D. is currently working on a large project for me.  I can't wait to reveal what it is!

« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 12:58 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2005, 02:29 PM »
Hey dont worry,  we all hit a slump, look at me with all the playset's I have been making and now I have drawn a blank, but I still come here for inspiration and conversation.

If it stops being fun, take a break.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2005, 03:42 PM »
Man, there are so many that I have in the preliminary stages, but I just haven't had time  :'(

12" figures
As I posted in the other thread, I have a couple of 12" figures that I want to make, namely Commander Bly and an Ep. II era ARC Trooper.  I'm not sure how to go about switching the bodies and armor and stuff, but Darth_Ripley gave me a start  ;D

3 3/4" figures
I have a (what I think) pretty good idea about the "organic" Separatist forces.  I'm not sure if it's accurate, but if it turns out not to be, a little tweaking would allow it to fit in the Clone Wars saga.  ;)

I made a hover patrol ship (1 pilot, 1 rear gunner) that is reminiscent of the "Warthog" in Halo (the video game).  I need to paint the vehicle, the pilot, and work on the gunner, but that shouldn't take too long.

I have 2 Halo customs planned as well:
Master Chief - repaint the figure to more accurately match the in-game shots (add battle damage)
Civilian 'Hog - I had an extra Warthog so I wanted to repaint it as a normal civilian vehicle (like the "chase" 'hog that was shipped earlier)

Well, all of those are in one stage or another, plus I want to make a custom for Darth_Ennis' auction thing.  So much to do!  I liked it better when I was taking a year "off" from school and had lots of time  :P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2005, 03:58 PM »
I've accomplished nothing on my list. All the customs I was planning sit on my shelf, collecting dust.

I'm hoping to take tomorrow off, so maybe I can dust a few off once I run my errands in the morning...

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2005, 09:43 PM »
Well I think I made some major progress in the last two hours on my latest photonovel... this weekend is going to be really busy, otherwise I think I'd have it up and finished early next week... damnit!   

Tijuana, you're right, that's good advice.  It's always fun though, just time consuming.   :)

Looks like you all have some interesting projects coming, especially yours Gregorbian... I'm very much looking forward to seeing what you do with your Separatist figure(s).  But that's a ways off still.   :-\

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2005, 09:04 PM »
I know that people have done this but I plan on making clone being impaled by Yoda. But I need to get a dremel first. Do you think a regular DeWalt drill will do?

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2005, 09:57 PM »
I would imagine that any drill would work, although Dremels are really easy to use. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2005, 01:30 PM »
This latest photonovel is about 90% done... woo hoo!  With any luck, by Tuesday it will be complete (or even tonight if I can get out of work on time).

Then, I need to get back into my customizing kick.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2005, 07:39 PM »
Hey...I've been on hiatus all summer. It's not that bad.

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2005, 07:58 AM »
Hey Chewie that thing that Owen D. is making, does it have to do anything with the Executor?

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2005, 08:32 AM »
Newbie to customizing here, but my next project is to make a Hoth Rebel Solider that I actually like (not the Buzz lightyear from the Saga Line). In reality it won't be this weekend because I have a conference I am attending so it will be next weekend before I can start on this one.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 6, 2005, 02:08 PM »
Blackdog, so did you make your Hoth Trooper?

Currently for myself, my attention has been on getting #15 in the Rykrof Enloe photonovel series complete... not too far away from that actually.  I think by Sunday it will be up!   :)

After that, I really want to get #16 going too.  Geeze.... these photonovels have a grip on me.  I'm so addicted to them it's crazy. 

But before I start on #16, I need to get a couple more customs going to give me a nice break in between photonovels.  And get my BLUE HARVEST custom started too.