Author Topic: Ephant Mon..Reshipping?!  (Read 3821 times)

Jango Fettish

Ephant Mon..Reshipping?!
« on: March 22, 2003, 05:24 PM »
I came across 2, yes, TWO MOMC Ephant Mons last night. The assortment on the pegs was a strange one, as it had Lott Dod, ERS, Teemto, and others.

The thing is, there were also new style carded Saga figures in the mix that weren't there before.

My question is, with rumors swirling around that Ephant Mon may quite possibly seeing a reshipping trend, why is it that he is just not making it out of the warehouse? This isn't a reissue either, as he has the "original" Saga backer card?

Whats the deal?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2003, 05:25 PM by Jango Fettish »

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: Ephant Mon..Reshipping?!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2003, 05:41 PM »
I saw some Ephants yesterday as well, in the same kind of assortment. Fellow Hoosier Boba Binks reported he also found some in an Indianapolis Target store. Sounds like people might be getting a second chance at these!

"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2003, 05:43 PM »
I can only hope, I have not seen one of these bad boys at retail YET! I would love to get one or two. Not sure if they are re-shipping, but it would be a great thing. It is possible Hasbro is clearing out the warehouse.

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2003, 05:43 PM »
The whole Ephant Mon fiasco has been bizarre from the get go.Maybe if they are shipping him again he doesnt have a designated case and just rides along with whatever.I have no idea really,I still have not seen him at retail.Luckily a buddy hooked me up with him.

What store did you score your loot at?

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2003, 05:51 PM »
I found them at Target, and some others were found at another Target in Indianapolis.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2003, 05:58 PM »
You found Ephants Adam. Awsome. How much?
They have never come up here.  :(

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2003, 06:18 PM »
To be honest, I didnt even think of picking them up! If I see any more, Ill pick em up for the JD crew ;)

Jango Fettish

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2003, 06:42 PM »
I found mine at a brand new Super Target as well. It was a rush to find them at retail. Same night, same Target, I got a 12" Legolas for $4.44 and a 12" Geo. Warrior for $2.74!

Gotta love clearance!

BTW, is anyone finding the Unleashed Leia. She's my unicorn of the month.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2003, 06:52 PM »
I found mine at a brand new Super Target as well. It was a rush to find them at retail. Same night, same Target, I got a 12" Legolas for $4.44 and a 12" Geo. Warrior for $2.74!

Gotta love clearance!

BTW, is anyone finding the Unleashed Leia. She's my unicorn of the month.

You found a 12" Genosion Warrior for $2.74 clearance.

You have got to be kidding me. There $45. Canadian up here.

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2003, 06:55 PM »
Count me in for a Ephont if anyone has extras as well,

I hit the stores today and found squat. My target doen't beleive in clearance I guess as there is still the oldies hanging and nothing past the bespin vader stuff.  Walmart wasn't much better.

Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2003, 09:50 PM »
If I find one, I'll pick up a second one for someone else, unless the pegs have about 4 of them, in which case I'll just get the one for myself. I really hope I get this big guy soon, there's such a huge hole in my Jabba's Palace seen its ridiculous!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2003, 10:03 PM »
Ephant Mon me. As long as he's MOMC. Please.

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2003, 10:23 PM »
While I find this to be good news for many of you, it's sad news for the Ephant Mon market...

I'm not saying that I live and die by the current auction trends or values figures have tagged to them from say, Brian's Toys. But when a figure creates the hype Ephant has due to his rarity, I sort of like to see that stay alive. With his re-issue, or sudden flood into the retail market, that takes a really cool, and rare figure that is highly coveted by traders and buyers and makes it a really cool common figure. I like that there is a rare figure thrown in from time to time that isn't (for once) a variation. The Imp Officer and Rebel Trooper sculpts are very cool as is the shaved Endor Reb, but the are variations of other figures. The fact that Ephant Mon seemed to be a short run production made him even cooler to me and now the luster and shine is starting to wear off. Sorry to soud like a party pooper, but every now and then, I like to walk into a retail store and be shocked to see something like an Ephant Mon on the pegs. If he starts weighing them all down, he'll ruin them for all the other figures that will soon have to hang out there (lol). I just hope that this sudden wave of Ephant Mons showing up is short-lived, or they short pack him and keep him a little bit rare and more fun to run into if that ever should happen. I hope people do not take me out of context and know where I'm coming from. This happened with Strider from 'Fellowship of the Rings'. He was impossible to find and then Toy Biz had a great idea (NOT!), they re-issued him, or just made more and he became plain Joe. Value is not important really. It's the quest and finding that rare figure that make me stroll aisle after aisle of the same stares week in and week out...
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2003, 11:14 PM »
Nothing wrong with the occasional rare figure, but we're talking about the Fan Choice winner!  >:( The Concept Stormtrooper can be rare, for all I care, it isn't the "fan choice" in my opinion anyway.  ;)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2003, 12:41 AM »
I haven't seen any Ephant Mon figures since Thanksgiving time.  I picked up 5 Ephant Mon figures at TRU the day after Thanksgiving last year, and have traded 3 of them away.  I was only going to keep one for myself, but I have two that are just 100% MOMC and am going to keep both for myself.  I bought acrylic cases (from Oscar) for both of these, and perhaps one of these days I will trade one away.
dustrho