Author Topic: Very very cool  (Read 2030 times)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Very very cool
« on: April 18, 2005, 06:36 AM »
I was directed to this link and was blown away by these
Check this out!!!

They are just so dam cool
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Very very cool
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 10:33 AM »
HOLY FREAKING HELL

Those are just awesome... I can not believe how real they actually look. 

Funny how many Empire/Nazi comparisons there are lately - but it does make sense at least.

:P
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 10:34 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 10:39 AM »
Not as cool as the Nazi Speederbike that someone did a while back, but pretty damn cool.

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 02:54 PM »
These are sweet!

I remember seeing them somewhere awhile back but I don't remember who made them.

The Nazi/Empire connection makes a lot of sense, because that is partly who the Empire was originally modeled
after.
"This is the way."

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 03:20 PM »
Wow.....my jaw is just now off my keyboard enough for me to type..

I have always wondered what the Imperial Ground Troops would look like if their armor had the "Ambush" paint job instead of being "Panzer Gray"...

That is some really good work.  And the photoshop thing is cool too.  Who said it was just the Luftwaffe that had the WonderWeapons.

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 02:56 PM »
All I can say is those thigns clow my mind, in many ways.

These are sweet!

I remember seeing them somewhere awhile back but I don't remember who made them.

The Nazi/Empire connection makes a lot of sense, because that is partly who the Empire was originally modeled
after.

My guess would have been the Roman Empire. Republic... dictator rises... Empire forms... under the Caesars, the Emperors.. they take over Europe, the known lands...
Not much Fascism in SW.

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 03:01 PM »
All I can say is those thigns clow my mind, in many ways.

These are sweet!

after.

My guess would have been the Roman Empire. Republic... dictator rises... Empire forms... under the Caesars, the Emperors.. they take over Europe, the known lands...
Not much Fascism in SW.

I didn't say it was only the Nazis but WWII was a big influence on George when he made SW. He said he based the Empire somewhat on the Nazi's, look at the Imperial officers uniforms if you aren't convinced. There definately are Roman roots but there are Nazi roots as well.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 03:01 PM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 03:17 PM »
Yeah, I think there are a lot of both Roman and Nazi influences in Star Wars. 

Roman and mythology in more or less in the greater scope of the galaxy and the golden age of the Republic, and a lot of Nazi influence as far as the Empire and the Emperor are concerned.  Palpatine hates all non-humans... the Empire is pretty much 100% human in the military... very Nazi-esque in their disgusting hatred of non-Aryans and those that weren't pure blood German...

It's all very cool, but at the same time pretty disturbing if you really think about it, especially considering how many people are so fascinated with the Empire.

:P