Author Topic: Dimes Customs Update XI: Force Adept Assassin  (Read 13047 times)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
Re: Dimetrodons Customs Area
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2005, 10:09 PM »
Ok here is an idea of what to expect.

That is what the Jango Fett miniature looks like.
Kinda has no neck, but that's forgiveable I guess.

Anyway I just cut one up and repositioned it. I think I'm going to paint it with one of two schemes.

Jaster Mereel

or

Jodo Kast

Which do you guys think would be better? (I'm leaning towards Kast)

oh and here is a taste of thigns to come. I drew out a before and after picture. The before on the left, the after on the right. I rock at MS Paint!!

I amde him so he is leaning towars his right, with his left arm shooting out, and his right bent. I have to redo his head too, and maybe give a neck. haha.
Oh, and I cut off the nups from the guns, so they appear to be smaller pistols.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 10:11 PM by Dimetrodon »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Dimetrodons Customs Area
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2005, 10:11 PM »
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Update II: Dimetrodons Customs Area
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2005, 12:08 AM »
You really are good at these mini customs Dimetrodon.  I am sure whatever you come up with will look superb.

PS - let me know when you receive the figure I sent you, it went out yesterday.   :)

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2005, 02:53 AM »
The minis customs are pretty nice Dime...

This is something people have actually worked with since the WEG days to get more poses out of the figures.  I've seen guys use everything from model kit weapons and stuff to just plastic greeblies to get a new looking figure out of an existing mini.

I  enjoy seeing what you're working on...  I think WOTC's line is way too watered down as far as mini diversity.  The WEG line had like a dozen individually posed Stormtroopers, at least...  Same with the Rebel Fleet Troopers.  WOTC kinda shafted the Rebels it seems...  Commando's and Fleet Troops both.

Good customs, and a neat little scale to delve into.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2005, 04:12 AM »
Well, with WOC collectibility gig, theyhad to do only so many figures per series.

We really don't need too many stormtroopers, but they did give us a good amount even.
3 poses regular
1 with an "elite rifle"
1 with a heavy rifle
1 officer
2 snowtroopers
1 scoutrooper
1 scout on speedrbike

and two more stomrtroopers let a lone a darktrooper or two on the way in the next set.

I would have liked a Sand trooper though..

But anyway, I feel lucky to have gotten the aliens they have made so far even. Hell, they gave us a yuzzem. Splinter of the minds eye style..

diverse enough for me I guess.

and do to them usually being commons, it allows me to do a lot of slice and dice. hell it took me a few tries to make a neck for the mandalorian i am working on.

I cut the arms off a few klatooinians, and kept trying to slice as small as possible. eventually got what i needed. now jango/mandalorian WIP has a neck. heh.

I plan to work on a lot tomorrow, I hope to get anywhere from 6 to 10 guys done. I also want to get a new battery for my camera, or attempt to borrow someones, to have pictures for y'all.

I think I'll post one a day for a month...
now where have I heard that idea before?  ::)  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2005, 05:26 AM »
Yeah, overall character diversity has been good, but the WOTC line's been disappointing for army builders I think...  Lots planning to change over to the WOTC minis (from WEG) to play the tabletop game I think are still pretty disappointed...  It's rough going from 12+ variations of a troop to 2 or 3.

I'm hoping they create more over time...  The number of people actually playing with the commons in games is substantial.  I just hope the line's classic trilogy troops expands over time.  I'm hoping for maybe troop sets, actually, as the line does seem popular even outside its collectability range... 

Are you gonna work with customs of the vehicles in Universe Huge, Dime? 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2005, 02:45 PM »
I have a lot of AT-RT's, I was thinking about trying to put a stormtrooper on one, but that might be beyond my skills, as it would probably involve too much sculpting.

I have printed out templates to make an AT-PT though (out of paper) I will probably try that out sometime, but am unsure of what paper to use.

I do have a Jawa riding Ronto in the works, a Landspeeder, and all types of terrain pieces (vehicles wrecks, machinery, possible a vedor stand or bar)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2005, 02:47 PM »
I have a piece of paper that might work, Andy. It's like the kind you'd use on an invitation to a wedding.

Kevin

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2005, 04:37 PM »
I have printed out templates to make an AT-PT though (out of paper) I will probably try that out sometime, but am unsure of what paper to use.

Have you considered using a paper model?  There's free downloadable paper models online, and one I saw was an AT-PT I'm sure.  Could make a good stand-in at least in a game...  Maybe even be good enough for you to try scratch-building your own from plastic. 

Paper Models are good stuff...  I just buy a heavy weight paper at an Office Supply store and print them out on that on my basic color printer.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2005, 06:03 PM »
I wish I could contribute more to this thread because it's really interesting.

Dimetrodon, have you considered making custom playsets for them?

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2005, 06:46 PM »
Here is Jodo Kast, just finished this guy and was pretty excited to get up a picture.

I completely repositioned a Jango Fett, as seen next to him for this custom. I did some slicing and glued it all back together.The rocket on his jet pack is made from a Jango blaster pistol. and I gave him a neck via a klatooinian mini. I cut its arm up until I had a slice thin enough to use for a neck.

This is the picture I used for reference.

I wasn't quite sure what colors to use for the kneepads, but I went with what seemed logical and looked good to me.
I also did the gauntlets two shades of green as they seem to appear that way.

Also, JJ, the AT-PT i was talking about is a paper cutout template, from this site.

Momir Farooq
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 03:47 PM by Dimetrodon »

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
Re: Dimetrodons Customs Update III: Jodo Kast
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2005, 07:53 PM »
On top of the Jodo Kast, I was also working on this guy at the same time.

I don't really like this Gran much, but it's more or less just filler stuff. Something to look cool in a diorama, or maybe a leader for the Gran Raiders..
yay..

his head didn't quite fit as you guys might notice..  :P
His original bosy was of an Endor Soldier.

EDIT: This one i did a while ago, and just thought to take a picturef. A Trandoshan Slaver. Nothing special..only a repaint of Bossk. I need to get a new paint sealer too, too glossy even though it is supposed to be matte...

« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 03:48 PM by Dimetrodon »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Dimetrodons Customs Update III: Jodo Kast, Gran & Trandoshan
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2005, 09:58 PM »
Sexxxy mini's Andy. I cant even tell that you cut up Jodo.

Kevin

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2005, 04:02 PM »
I think the Gran looks the best.  Always been one of my favorite Star Wars species.

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2005, 02:21 PM »
I just noticed, but Grans have those big fat hands. I might try to change that, but I'm not sure if I care about his accuracy as much.

Thanks for the good words!

and coming soon...

Endor Rebel Commando

Mandalorian Soldier

Protocol Droid

R2 Unit

ARC Trooper Captain

ARC Trooper

Cody

Bly