Author Topic: Beware Fake Auctions!  (Read 2300 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Beware Fake Auctions!
« on: March 22, 2003, 07:03 PM »
This has ben posted over at RS & GH by member Jason Coulston.

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007911

Ebay has been informed to get the auctions pulled. Should be soon I hope.

Do Not Bid. Seller Is A Fraud Artist

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Re: Beware Fake Auctions!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2003, 10:25 PM »
I just received a responce from eBay Customer Support on his auctions.

Hello,

Thank you for your report.

We would like to let you know that we have received your email and we
will thoroughly investigate the information you have provided.
Please keep in mind that the actions taken on a specific listing are confidential and between eBay and the seller. We will not be able to keep you abreast of any developments for privacy reasons, but we assure you that we will thoroughly examine this information.

At least they they are making progress so far.  :)
I keep you updated.

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2003, 11:22 PM »
Thanks for keeping us informed Dale, unfortuantly there will always be frauds out there. I have been taken already this year and know the hassels and pain involved in trying to pursue a fraud case. I would encourage anyone to speak out against any known ids.

The one I delt with used his own pics but fell of the face of the earth. The DA and postal inspectors couldn't find him or any info on his adress, so some of these guys are smooth. Some who use stolen pics can be spotted easier. Always check feedback and when in doubt ask questions.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2003, 12:21 AM »
People who place auctions like those are the people who give eBay a bad name.  Thankfully I've only dealt with one crappy seller.  It took me almost 5 weeks to get my stuff from the guy.  I posted him negative feedback and he wrote me an email cussing me out and threatening me (not with death but just smart-aleky remarks).  I was going to report him to eBay, but I've tried that once before for something else and that didn't get me anywhere.

You just have to be very careful about eBay, and try not to bid on things when there's less than 10 minutes (which I've done before).  You need to really do your homework first about the seller and what they're selling.
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2003, 12:35 PM »
Well my patience as run thin. There still on auction. Since I am getting nowhere with it, I took it upon to email the staff over at toysrgus earlier today as there is just a few days left in the auction.

I just received an reply from Gus Lopez asking what can been done as into the form he needs. I gave him all the information he needs to complain.  ;)

Now I just have to sit back & wait. I will keep you updated on this.

Just thought I would add to this, I was very surprised to get an email from Gus. I thought I would hear from someone, but Gus.  :o  8)
« Last Edit: August 4, 2003, 01:24 AM by DSJ™ »

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2003, 05:08 PM »
It sure seems Ebay is selective on which auctions they choose to move fast on and which ones to let go for a while. Hopefully Gus will get them to stop since he can prove the pics are his.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2003, 09:24 PM »
Pardon my French here, but eBay can sometimes be a crock of Banth doodoo.  I sold an OEM Recovery CD that had Windows NT 4.0 on it that came with my IBM Thinkpad 600X notebook computer, and I got almost $40 for it.  This notebook also came with the exact same CD-ROM disk, but it had Windows 98SE on it.  Since I have Windows XP now I don't need either of those disks, so that's why I sold them.  Well, the Windows 98SE version was canceled by eBay and my account was SUSPENDED!  They said I broke some rule/law they had created with Microsoft, but I was never warned about it nor did it have any warning message when I posted the auction.  So, eBay can be great for "buying" stuff, but can be a pain the rear when it comes to "selling" stuff.

Sorry I got a bit off topic there, but it involved eBay.
dustrho

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2003, 09:55 PM »
Chris you are right, Ebay can be a double edged sword at times. Them have made me so mad I cancelled my account but then the lure of deals brought me back.  The sad thing is my old account had over 300 feedback with zero negatives all lost. O well

Offline RJP

• Youngling
  • Hi! I'm Tammy from CA
    • View Profile
    • RJP'S PAGE
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2003, 02:08 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. This makes me sick :P