Author Topic: Star Wars The Vintage Collection Archive Edition Book - Kickstarter  (Read 12245 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection Archive Edition Book - Kickstarter
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2021, 03:57 PM »
I totally missed this campaign. It'd be nice if each figure had a section comparing the VTC version to previous releases (Vintage and Modern) like Scott's "Collect all 92" list. But overall the book still looks great. I am total sucker for the VTC style packaging art. Debating whether or not I want to drop $70 for it, but I'm leaning towards picking this up.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Star Wars The Vintage Collection Archive
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2022, 12:34 PM »
I don't know how many of you (if any) backed the kickstarter, I had missed out on that but luckily, Big Bad Toy Store purchased a bunch of these books and I preordered one there.  Mine was delivered on Sunday and I am amazed at how well this is done!

There's great information on all the TVC figures, and vehicles all the way up to 2019, with a little look into 2020.  I can already see another volume down the road to cover from 2020 on....and I will be there to get that one as well!

Still in stock at BBTS.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 12:34 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection Archive
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2022, 02:59 PM »
I don't know how many of you (if any) backed the kickstarter, I had missed out on that but luckily, Big Bad Toy Store purchased a bunch of these books and I preordered one there.  Mine was delivered on Sunday and I am amazed at how well this is done!

There's great information on all the TVC figures, and vehicles all the way up to 2019, with a little look into 2020.  I can already see another volume down the road to cover from 2020 on....and I will be there to get that one as well!

Still in stock at BBTS.

I am tempted, but $70?  Woof.  My problem with these guides is that they are almost immediately out of date because new stuff keeps hitting.  A book like this covering the original vintage line would be fantastic, but I kind of want to wait until they're done making TVC to buy a book that covers the TVC line.  Or if it was electronic and included updates, that's the route I'd go.  I'm sure it's an awesome book though - I've seen lots of praise for it elsewhere as well.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2022, 08:47 PM »
For whatever it’s worth I got mine a little over a week ago and it really is a very well done book.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2022, 12:42 PM »
I got mine last week.  I’ve been able to read a few of the entries.  And the details about some of the development process are great - a true insiders angle on how these figures go from concept to release. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback