Author Topic: This week in SW Comics.....  (Read 105871 times)

Offline Corman

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gimmie that New Figure Mojo
    • View Profile
Re: This Week in SW Comics.....
« Reply #315 on: August 30, 2010, 06:10 PM »
Shipping to your local comic book store this Wednesday (9/1/2010)...

1 FOR DOLLAR STAR WARS LEGACY   $1.00
STAR WARS CLONE WARS YR TP HERO OF CONFEDERACY   $7.99
STAR WARS OLD REPUBLIC #3 (OF 6)   $2.99

Also avaiable....

STAR WARS VEHICLES COLL MAG #23 STAP   $18.00
STAR WARS VEHICLES COLL MAG #24 CLOUD CAR   $18.00
STAR WARS VEHICLES COLL MAG #49 AAT   $18.00
STAR WARS VEHICLES COLL MAG #50 DROID FIGHTER   $18.00
STAR WARS CLONE WARS NEW BATTLEFRONTS VISUAL GUIDE HC   $19.99
PEZ STAR WARS BLISTER PACK   PI
SW CHEWBACCA COLLECTOR PLUSH   $48.00
SW DARTH VADER COLLECTOR PLUSH   $48.00
SW LOGO BOOKENDS   $59.99
SW MILLENNIUM FALCON 3-D OWNERS GUIDE HC   $21.99
SW R2D2 COLLECTOR PLUSH   $48.00
SW SLAVE LEIA SECRET WISHES COSTUME MED (O/A)   $55.00
SW SLAVE LEIA SECRET WISHES COSTUME SM (O/A)   $55.00
SW SLAVE LEIA SECRET WISHES COSTUME XS (O/A)   $55.00
SW YODA COLLECTOR PLUSH   $48.00

Save those pennies, kids!

Corman
There is nothing to read all the way down here.  If I had something else to say, I'd a said it in my post.  You may proceed to the next post.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: This week in SW Comics.....
« Reply #316 on: October 13, 2010, 01:04 PM »
Anybody know much about the Titan UK Star Wars Comic series that is about to start? 

http://www.galactichunter.com/gh/story/titan-launches-uk-star-wars-comic

Any ideas on how to get this in the US?  I asked Sci-Fi Genre and they couldn't get it.  I can't find a way on Titan's site to order one either.  Are these going to be re-printed by Dark Horse at some point?  My understanding is that their "Tales" line is mostly reprinted UK comics.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 21, 2018, 12:05 PM »
Looks like we're getting at one Star Wars comic on Free Comic Book Day this year (May 5th).  The IDW kid oriented series "Star Wars Adventures" has an issue included.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 18, 2022, 03:33 PM »
Free comic book day Saturday May 7th, although there don't appear to be any Star Wars titles included this year.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 13, 2022, 09:55 AM »
Anybody still buy and read Star Wars comics?  I've had a subscription service for years and honestly haven't read more than a few in the last five+ years.

I'm conflicted as I think I own every SW comic every produced (not every variant cover), but I think I'm ready to pull the plug.

Offline Corman

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gimmie that New Figure Mojo
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 13, 2022, 10:58 AM »
Anybody still buy and read Star Wars comics?  I've had a subscription service for years and honestly haven't read more than a few in the last five+ years.

I'm conflicted as I think I own every SW comic every produced (not every variant cover), but I think I'm ready to pull the plug.

I still collect them but I rarely have time to read them. 

Corman
There is nothing to read all the way down here.  If I had something else to say, I'd a said it in my post.  You may proceed to the next post.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 13, 2022, 12:41 PM »
Maybe its just all the weird **** they're putting out these days makes me wonder if I'll ever read half of them.  I'd be interested in reading more about Darth, Luke, etc., but it seems like a lot of what they put out is different series around their totally made up "The High Republic" multimedia project.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 19, 2022, 06:41 AM »
It seems every time I get caught up that a new batch arrives.  Was just about to read Crimson Reign 5 to finish that series and probably another four or so issues showed up.  I just have been behind on reading in general.  I'm way behind on the novels.  I'm still in the middle of the most recent High Republic novel that came out a while ago.  Haven't even touched the Anakin/Kenobi novel or the new one with Luke and Lando.  Hopefully I can get some reading time in on vacation in a couple weeks.

As for the comics, while there is a lot out there, many series are just five issues.  However, keeping up with everything is difficult.  Going through my subscriptions, I noticed there was a one shot Life Day comic about a year or so ago that I had to buy via ebay because it was completely off my radar when it was released.  Only variant covers I keep up with are the John Tyler Christopher action figure covers.  I figure those have to be winding down for the most part soon since he is getting pretty close to hitting all the vintage carded figures.

I guess one thing that makes it difficult to keep up is that we have Marvel, IDW, and Dark Horse again as publishers.  I generally try to read everything, then bag and board them and put them in a long box.  Space is becoming a premium.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 19, 2022, 02:39 PM »
Was there ever a comic adaptation of Rise of Skywalker?  I thought one was in the works by Marvel, then when COVID hit, it got delayed and finally cancelled if I recall correctly.  I did see there was a graphic novel adaptation version, but I passed since I didn't care for the art style.   I have all the other movies in comic form, so I hope to get this one as well.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 19, 2022, 04:46 PM »
I don't believe so, which seems really weird, even to not do it after the fact.  There is so much random stuff that I'm surprised they haven't come back to it.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 25, 2022, 06:34 AM »
The ROS adaptation got to the preorder stage, but was cancelled without much explanation some time during the initial covid lockdowns.  It seems very odd to just ditch it regardless since it is only a few issues and I'm sure there was work put into it.  Perhaps one day they will revive it.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 13, 2024, 05:03 PM »
Well, after collecting every Star Wars comic (not every cover variation) that they've made since 1977, I've finally thrown in the towel.  I'm finishing out the current run of comics that started in 2023 and not starting any new series.  Maybe I'll get some movie adaptations in the future if they ever make another movie, but I'm basically done.  I've got boxes and boxes of comics (over 2000 comics) and it doesn't look like Marvel is stopping anytime soon, and creating all sorts of new stories (The High Republic) that I've really got no interest in.  Just too much stuff.