Author Topic: What customizer websites do you visit often?  (Read 8666 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
What customizer websites do you visit often?
« on: April 27, 2005, 02:30 PM »
I still go to www.thecustomalliance.com quite a bit... also, www.owenscustoms.com.

Check out this new Quinlin Vos that Owen D made... more pics at his site.

Also, this awesome Rebel Speeder -

:P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: What customizer websites do you visit often?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 02:59 PM »
Scoundrels Gallery, and various other random sites I find on Google.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 03:39 PM »
Scoundrel's Gallery... Tony Rice is awesome, and a very nice guy too.  I made a couple trades with him a few years back.

I wish he'd update some more...

http://www.angelfire.com/ab2/scoundrel/starwarscustoms.html

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 03:41 PM »
Wow that sppeder in awesome!!! :o He makes such great speeders!! :) I thought owen was posting here for awhile, I miss seeing his customs. I check here and at FFURG everyday. And from time to time I'll visit Tony's site (Scoundrel's), Owen's site, Ricky's site, as well as Glassman's and Phruby's sites.

It's too bad Tony stopped making Star Wars stuff, I really liked his customs.
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 03:52 PM »
I am actually the proud owner of that Speeder now.  We worked together on the designing of it.  Of course, he was responsible for the execution of this masterpiece.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 04:00 PM »
CHEWIE, you didn't tell me you helped orchestrate that cool vehichle! Did he use a CORPS boat for parts?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 04:08 PM »
I don't know exactly what parts he used, but a lot of it is from styrene... basically, I wanted something similar to what you see in the Force Commander game like this image -

We wanted to do something a little different though, and I sent him a few drawings of what I had in mind.  He then sent me back some drawings, and then asked me to pick which one I liked best.  I picked this one, and the result looked almost exactly like the drawing.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 04:26 PM »
That's such a great speeder...I like the WWII style door at the back for offloading personnel. First guy off always gets screwed.  ;)

The sites I visit are numerous...I check the thecustomalliance.com  every day for updates. I look at Owen's stuff a lot, and have sought his advice on a few things. (Post here more, Owen!) I also check out Ricky UK's and Master Phruby's pages, and have the Scoundrel's Gallery bookmarked. I post here and at FFURG, and sometimes at RS. (As a matter of fact, I seem to have started a fight at RS this week. Oops!) And I keep up on Chewie's customs on his thread here at JD. More than any other customizer, I think Chewie's stuff influenced me the most and really inspired me to get involved and do my own stuff.

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 04:58 PM »
Aw, thanks DD.  Your stuff inspires me too.  Don't worry about that spat at RS.com.  The guy pretty much had it coming to him.

I don't speak for Owen, but he does do commissions.  Not bad prices either.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 05:47 PM »
I played peacemaker over there and apologized if he thought I wanted people to bash his figure. What I was taking issue with was his price, obviously.

Y'know, when my employment situation is sorted out, I want to commission Owen for a few things, Like that Homing Droid he did for you. Wow!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 05:52 PM »
Yeah, his price was a bit extreme...

Owen D. is one of the best customizers, and one of the nicest people I've ever met through this hobby.

Offline Owen D

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Owens Customs
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2005, 02:16 AM »
Apparently I missed this thread.  I actually meant to post that speeder here but I simply forgot.  Its made made from a POTF2 landspeeder (seriously chopped), styrene and a healthy amount of epoxy.
Very fun to make and one of my favorite pieces.  Thanks Chewie.

As to what sites I check, Rebelscum Customs Forums is the main one, then probably Custom Alliance (which I'm getting increasingly frustrated with) and then usually both here and FFURG.  Most stupid of all, I check mine everyday, just to see how high the counter is.
 Owen D
Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 05:33 AM »
Good to see you here, Owen!

Yeah, custom alliance makes me crazy as well. I'm also sometimes annoyed with RS...either they're forums are down right now, or I've been banned like CHEWIE was for the unforgivable crime of frequenting here.

I've tried to sign up at galactichunter.com too, but I made a mistake answering my birth year, and now I can't register with my IP because the stupid site thinks I'm two years old.

Anyone wanna create a Darth Delicious over there for me and give me the password?  ;D

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2005, 12:16 PM »
I tried setting you up there, but it says your email is not a valid email?

I would try emailing the webmaster there to see if they can set you up.   :)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
other sites
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2006, 02:40 PM »
I'm not sure that this is even appropriate topic and I'm not even sure what my question is, but as I've been spending more and more time here, I really like the vibe from this custom community.  I had posted a few things at another SW community site and the Customs area there has almost completely dried up.  I'm finding myself spending more and more time here.  However, when I see stuff like "I'posted this at so and so..." I've started wondering about other sites too. 

Do most people post there work in mutliple sites?  If so, and if everyone is using the same sites, does it get confusing remembering which customs you commented on which sites, etc?  Do you generally have a "home base" forum and then just share with others?  Do you get a lot more varied comments if you branch out to other sites? 

Like I said, I don't even know if its appropriate to start commenting on about other sites within this thread, I'm just curious on hearing other peoples opinions of how they use or don't use multiple customs sites.

If this isn't appropriate for the site, go ahead a lock it up - no harm no foul :) :) :)