Multimedia > The Prequel Trilogy

Darth Maul: Would You Have Liked to See Him Survive to AOTC or Beyond?

<< < (3/6) > >>

Herbert_Ackermans:

--- Quote from: Jagdohh_Fett on June  2, 2005, 07:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: Darth_Anton on May 29, 2005, 11:14 AM ---Maul was almost perfect as is. I think given the oppretunity to flesh out his character with subsequent film apearances could have ruined the character.

--- End quote ---

Gotta agree. As awesome as the character was, had Lucas given more back story to Maul, it would have ended up like what he did with Boba. No mystery or intrigue if you knew so much about where the character came from.

--- End quote ---

What is so "awesome" about him?

That he does some fancy sabre-work? That's all?

Boba Fett technically does nothing fancy in TESB and ROTJ, but he had a presence.

JAngo Fett, despite all his fight and flight antics, I don't care a bit about him.

Dooku was for more interesting than MAul and Fett and Grievous and Zam and who else put together in the PT. Dooku HAD a backstory, Dooku had charisma as said before, and he could dominate a scene by his sheer presence. Off course, having him played by Chistopher Lee is no small feat either and adds a lot of weight to it, but still, it's an old geeser, yet he shoots younglings like Fett and Maul clear out of the water.

Jedidz23:
I would have to agree with Herbert on this (how about that  :o  ;)  ).  Maul had enough screen time to fit his role.  He was not a dynamic character, just an exciting screen presence.  While I am not a fanatic about all of the side villains in the Star Wars films, I don't dislike them either.  They all serve their purpose to tell the story, and while Maul was exciting in his own one-dimensional way, he did not have the charisma or panache of Count Dooku.  I think Maul's screen time was appropriate for what it was.

Darth Broem:
I liked Maul a lot for his look and fancy leaps and jumps etc.  Substance?  No, there was not much there.  Lucas could have gave him some more though if he had wanted to.  But you guys are right.  Dooku is far more interesting and has the charisma to get others on his side, etc.  Plus Dooku is tall and most leaders are taller. 

All Lucas had to do with Maul was make him more intelligent AND charismatic.  It could have been done.  In the end it is better to have shown Kenobi's ability to kill a Sith Lord as a Padawan to jump start his Jedi Knight career advancement.  That part of the story I like.

However, I liked Darth Maul.  I would take flowers to his grave if I could.   

dafoo:
I was hoping to see the Emperor having cloned the bum a dozen times@

dafoo:
hEH, i SHOULD start reading the whole thread before posting.

Anywho, yep Dooku is much better than Maul at doing the leadership. 

I just wanted to see some more Maul being their pure rage machine selves and having it out with a mess of Jedi!

The Emperor had 12 years since lossing Maul to get some more.  Just Sith Warriors, not masters or with speaking parts just evildoing Jedi. heh

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version