Author Topic: Clone #6 vs Clone #41  (Read 6173 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Clone #6 vs Clone #41
« on: April 29, 2005, 12:57 AM »
Click for a bigger pic...

So, basically, all I see is no more action feature and the backpack and better shoulders.  The belt tooling is also different and the torso articulation is also there

#41 also has some dirt on him which I really don't care for :-\

So, to me at least, I'd still army build with either because for the most part, to the quick glance they are almost the same.  If you are going for poseability and action scene, then go nuts on #41 :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Clone #6 vs Clone #41
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 02:33 AM »
Yeah Scott, I won't disagree.  Owning a single (****  >:( ) SA Clone from Clone Wars, and comparing it with the #6 Clone, I'm pretty impressed with the #6 Clone overall.

The torso articulation sucks that its missing for a rather silly action feature, but otherwise it's a  highly poseable figure.  I'm all about some "dirt" painted on, given that these guys aren't seemingly fresh recruits.  I know I don't want green grunts in my army anyway...  I'd rather have vets!  :)

The #6 is still a damn fine figure.  It's tough to find now at this point though.  It's the year of the Clone folks.  No doubt about it that they are the hot figure to buy.

I have only ONE WM left wiht Clones (TRU's still have them, but at a higher price), and the WM I have is a hick one with hardly any traffic.  May pick a few of them up though.  That and the Preview Wookiee have disappeared, and that sucks for the army builders out there who were trying to pace themselves.   :-\  God knows I can't buy 30 figures at once! :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 04:23 AM »
I'm holding out for #41, and from the looks of it, so are most people around here.  I hear from everyone on the boards how #6 is scarce in their parts, but here in IA, you can find him everywhere.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 08:25 AM »
I still want # 41 but if you are an army builder #6 should do just fine I would think.  Number 6 is probably going to be easier to locate as well.  Unless Hasbro ups the number of them per case.  LOL!  Yeah, that would be the day.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 09:37 AM »
Agreed, I think the hoopla over #41 vs #6 isn't really anything to get excited about.  Really when you look at the two above side by side, its even hard to tell which is which.  The Right Shoulder is the most noticible asthetic difference and its a nice improvement

I seem to recall someone complaining about the pelvis size (due to the action feature) in #6 and its about the same as #41.  It also looks like they have the same left arm.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 10:03 AM »
Just wanted to mention that the #41 SA Clone does NOT have the same body as the Clone Wars SA Clone Trooper.  They may share the same legs, but that is it.  The #41 Clone has a brand-new Torso, Belt, neck ball, and at least 1 arm is new. 

Like Scott said, #41 Clone is much closer to #6 Clone in terms of Sculpt than to the Clone Wars SA Clone.  And, the #41 Clone almost seems "taller" than the other Ep3 clones do.  I think the ball-joint on #41's waist makes him slightly taller than the other Ep3 Clones because they just have the 1-peice torso.

However, the Target Clone Trooper is the Clone Wars SA body with an Ep3 Head.  When you compare the Target Clone Trooper to the CW version, they are almost a perfect match.  Same torso, arms, belt, etc. The only difference I can see if the head sculpt.

While playing around with my Clones last night, I have to admit that the Target one (based on the Clone Wars SA version) is much more "fun" than the #41 version.  He has no goofy antenna sticking out of his back, his joints are a bit tighter, and his belt is much less "big" - if you look at Scott's picture you will see what I mean, #41 has a big belt!

I rank them like this:

#33 Clone Commander - wow!
Target Clone - great neutral sculpt
#06 Clone Trooper - non-intrusive action feature = OK with me
#38 AT-TE Gunner - his elbow joints are the only thing I don't like
#41 Clone Trooper - his antenna really bugs me for some reason
#34 Clone Pilot - somebody had to be last...

Just my $0.02 on the Clones...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 10:07 AM »
I'd go with your rankings Jeff almost exactly, with the exception of the Non-Removable Visor on the Commander, he's the best of the bunch.  #41 could have been better I guess

On a little bit related note, the EE Clones are Fan-freaking-tastic!

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 10:29 AM »
A couple of questions:

1) The EE Clones shipped alreadY?

2) Any word on whether or not there will be clean and dirty versions of 41 shipping?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 10:30 AM »
Thanks for the comments (and pics) guys on the different clones.  It sure is a clone-tastic year.  I just about cancelled my EE order for those clones at the last minute, but now I'm glad I didn't.  I just got one set, of colored/clean clones, but I'm looking forward to getting them (hopefully today).  Sounds like no one has been disappointed with them, aside from the price.

As far as the ROTS offerings, we sure have/are getting a lot of nice clones this year, and I hope that continues.  I'm really on the lookout for that Target clone, but I haven't seen any signs of it so far.  I'd just like to get one at that price, but I like the different deco...and from what you guys have said, it sounds like it is a great figure overall too.  The #6 Clone really is a nice figure too, especially considering it has an action feature.  Still kind of tough to find around here, but one will pop up once in awhile, and I usually end up picking it up :).  The Clone Commander is really cool, I just like the design and the figure overall.  I'm really looking forward to that #41 Clone as well, hopefully it will start showing up around here soon.  The Gunner is a nice figure too (only have 1), and the Pilot isn't bad either.  Probably my least favorite of the bunch so far, but not a bad figure at all.  I'm hoping we see a few more variations throughout this year, so we can get the greenish Kashyyyk clones, the blue ones that we see prominently in the trailer and other promotional stuff, and other different versions like Commander Cody, Neyo, etc.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2005, 10:36 AM »
A couple of questions:

1) The EE Clones shipped alreadY?

2) Any word on whether or not there will be clean and dirty versions of 41 shipping?

1) Yes.  They started shipping last week (I've already received mine).

2) No word on that, but with the antenna on their back, I'm guessing they are a specific type of clone from a specific planet or something...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2005, 10:37 AM »
The antenna is pretty easily removable and it actually doesn't look TOO horrible without it, there is a gap though on the back when its taken off :-[

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2005, 11:02 AM »
Heh... I love Clone #6.... Clone #41 is just about the same in my book.  I have about 25 of the Clone Wars SA Clone, and It's not much better than the #6 ROTS Clone.

I have 20 of #6, and plan on getting about 20 of #41.

:P

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2005, 11:48 AM »
Yeah, those EE clones keep calling my name over and over again.  I just wish they were not $35 a piece.  If I buy them I can not just get one set and that's it.  I would have to buy them all.  That would mean no more ROTS stuff for me.  I still want to get stuff like the Deluxe Vader with operation table, 500th Vader, ROTS vehicles, etc. 

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2005, 01:39 PM »
If you can find two buddies to split a case with they come out to about 26 bucks a piece.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2005, 03:01 PM »
Yeah, without a doubt the "by the case" route was best.  Unless you had a lotta scratch though, it was tough to really "army build" with these because buying cases just for yourself isn't a great option financially, plus all those officers you got that you didn't necessarilly want.

I really would've loved to have found a buddy who only wanted officers and tons of them.  :)  Gone in on a case then, that would've been just too perfect, heh.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77