Author Topic: RotS Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter  (Read 19844 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: RotS Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter
« Reply #45 on: August 8, 2005, 06:38 PM »
I can't wait to have my HOLO plo koon in this ship, ::)
gimme a wallet break too pleaz

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 8, 2005, 10:27 PM »
I can't wait to have my HOLO plo koon in this ship, ::)
gimme a wallet break too pleaz

Actually the even sadder thing is me buying a TRU Value pack containing Plo Koon and Agen Kolar for three reasons (1) I can put this Agen Kolar in my Jedi Council diorama and get rid of the POTJ Eeth Koth re-issue; (2) it gave me another nice Jedi cloak to put on a figure that ddn't come with one (like Mace Windu or Kit Fisto); and (3) a spare Plo Koon figure to stick with this exclusive when it's released.

I normally buy extra figures that correspond to vehicles so that I can display both the figure AND the vehicle w/the figure loose.

With this purchase, I now realize that I have reached the pinnacle of insanity - tracking down extra figures to pilot vehicles I already have MULTIPLE releases of. Why would I display this Jedi Starfighter any more than I would display the stable of AOTC/Clone Wars ones?

I'm sorry, I'll shut up now and go play my favorite game - Lemmings.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2005, 02:23 PM »
Here's the packaged form:

This Target exclusive ship doesn't appear to include a figure, so any guesses on price?

$25?  $30?   :-\
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 04:41 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2005, 04:20 PM »
I'd say $35. It's a repaint of a $20 ship being sold at Target. :-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2005, 04:38 PM »
I'd say $35. It's a repaint of a $20 ship being sold at Target. :-\

$35 is asking too much, if it were a Kmart exclusive then maybe, but Target is nice about their pricing. I guess $24.99   :-X

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2005, 07:30 PM »
It doesn't even look like it comes with stickers. Where is the Republic/Imperial logo in the picture? ???
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 07:31 PM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2005, 08:16 PM »
It doesn't even look like it comes with stickers. Where is the Republic/Imperial logo in the picture?

Well, if it doesn't come with stickers, then we're **** out of luck, since Hasbro will refuse to send them out.  They can't replace missing pieces from exclusive items, you know, since retail contracts forbid it.  ::)

(if you don't know what I'm talking about, check out the Obi-Wan's Blue Jedi Starfighter thread where Hasbro shows how lazy they are to me)

As for pricing, here's what I'm thinking (in order of reality to conspiracy):

-$24.99 (at least) to $29.99 (at most)

-Each store will only get three ships in one shipment

-In order to ensure that everyone has an equal chance for the collectible toy, Target employees will not be able to check the stock room for any unique items.  This is because they won't ever actually make it in the stock room, and will be sold off the back of the truck as soon as they arrive to the Ebay folks.   Each Ebayer will only be allowed to buy one though, so they'll have an equal chance of making money on the secondary market, so it all works out.  :P

That said, I can't believe I'm going to be buying this thing, as it will make my third JSF of that style (not counting Anakin's), and eighth JSF overall from the prequels.  It's times like these that my "If it's in the movies, I'll buy it" credo I established really bites me in the ass. :)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2005, 11:56 PM »
That said, I can't believe I'm going to be buying this thing, as it will make my third JSF of that style (not counting Anakin's), and eighth JSF overall from the prequels. It's times like these that my "If it's in the movies, I'll buy it" credo I established really bites me in the ass. :)

It's times like these my "Buy two of everything, one to keep MIMB/MOMC and one to open" REALLY bites mee in the ass  ;D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2005, 08:44 PM »
I'm a sucker for vehicles, even ones that Ihave 6 or 7 of with different paint schemes already.  I guess that makes me as smart as a monkey :P
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2005, 09:47 PM »
It does look like a fun ship to own really.  I won't buy it becuase there are too many other things I want that are going to hurt my wallet but it's not to bad really.  It was kind of neat scene in the film...Plo's ship getting it that is.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 6, 2005, 03:45 PM »
I was able to get one of these earlier this morning (thank you again to Jeff for the DCPI/DPCI numbers; I now owe you a whole six-pack) and it's not that bad.  I just wanted to give a little rundown on some of the things that everyone has been unclear on about the ship, since I have it open.

First of all, the label sheet.  The sheet included is from either the 2002 Saga Obi-Wan JSF or the 2003 Clone Wars JSF (I don't know which, but the date still reads 2002 on the label sheet with a part number that does not match the toy's part number).  This means that the worries about the Republic logo on the left wing being omitted are unfounded, and you can apply the proper labels to an exclusive Jedi Starfighter and not have to worry about Hasbro avoiding the issue!

Anyhoo...it's the same ship as in 2002 and 2003, but in a new color (like Anakin's JSF from the Clone Wars).  The astromech is blue with silver highlights, and everything works the same as before.  The paint scheme looks pretty cool on the ship, especially on the sides of the cockpit.  Overall, if you like ships that actually appeared on screen and like the AOTC-era JSFs (I do and I do), you'll want to give this one a look.  It's worth the 20 bucks I paid for it.

Now, a question:  My repeated attempts to get Plo Koon to sit in his JSF are hitting walls due to the skirt piece being made of such a thick plastic/rubber thing.  I'm going to be buying a second Plo Koon to fit in the cockpit, but I was curious if anyone had any suggestions that a non-customizing goof like me could use to get Plo to sit down?

SilverZ

« Reply #56 on: October 6, 2005, 05:52 PM »
Was there a soft-goods Plo included in any of the TRU Jedi three packs? I'm blanking on my crappy TRU exclusives history at the moment.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #57 on: October 6, 2005, 05:56 PM »
Yep… that'll work nicely
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CommanderRedd

• Youngling
  • The one and only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 6, 2005, 06:38 PM »
I know it's a cheap repaint, but I like it.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 6, 2005, 06:54 PM »
Was there a soft-goods Plo included in any of the TRU Jedi three packs? I'm blanking on my crappy TRU exclusives history at the moment.

There was one in one of those Jedi Council sets, but you're assuming I actually gave TRU and Hasbro money for those pieces of garbage.  ;)

I'm just curious if Captain Shaky Hands (me) can hold a knife steady enough to trim or loosen the skirt on the ROTS version so he will sit down.   ???