Author Topic: Episode III - Preview Figures (SPOILERS)  (Read 26841 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Episode III - Preview Figures (SPOILERS)
« Reply #135 on: January 31, 2005, 04:44 PM »
Alright, once and for all, what the heck is WallyWorld??!?!!?! ???

WallyWorld = the Amusement Park from "National Lampoon's Vacation" (a great movie from the 80s).

WallyWorld was the ultimate destination of the family's road trip west, although they visited many famous sites between Chicago and California en route to WallyWorld.  They end up going through a lot of crap to get there, but cling to the hope that it will all be worth it when they get there; however once they got to WallyWorld it sucked ass.

Interesting enough that same description is, to me, the epitome of Wal-Mart.  Everythime I go there, I have such great anticipation as to what I will find when I get there, but upon arriving after going through all the crap you have to go through to get to the AF aisle (smokers, crap in the aisles, too many people), I am always more frustrated leaving said store - it sucks ass.

I believe that is why so many people refer to Wal-Mart as WallyWord.  Well, that and Wal-Mart kind of sounds like WallyWorld.   :P

Jeff

edit - even though you other fellas beat me, I'm still leaving mine...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 04:46 PM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 31, 2005, 05:47 PM »
Ah, I see.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 05:48 PM by starwax137 »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 9, 2005, 09:10 AM »
Is anyone not finding these?  I went to a WM and TRU yesterday and both of them had ****.  Not an inkling of this wave.  I would assume that at least one of these figures would be hanging on a peg at one of these stores.  Before you had stores that couldn't read and put them out early.  Now you have stores that probably don't look at boxes to see that these need to put on the shelves.  ******* morons.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 9, 2005, 09:15 AM »
To be honest, they aren't all that plentiful here either Mikey, although I have seen them.  When I picked up my set of 4, it was a week early, and they were tucked away in an off-aisle at Wal-mart.  At that time, they had TONS, but when Feb. 1 came around, they only had a few each of Grievous and Wookiee Warriors.  Last time I was there, they still had a couple of these two figures.  TRU recently got these in as well, but had 2-3 each of those two figures as well and none of the others.  Target, on the other hand, was stocked pretty well last time I was there (last weekend).  They had several of all 4 at the time.  Other than that, the Star Wars pegs/sections have looked somewhat bare for awhile.  No OTC or POTC to be found at all anymore, a few leftover CW figures (at Target only), and a handful of preview figs.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 9, 2005, 09:57 AM »
I think Wally World usually means...

I've heard Wal*Mart called a "retail black hole," but I never knew they actually sold them there!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 14, 2005, 06:21 PM »
Finally found them, but only 3. Wookiee, Tion, and Grievous are now mine. Now I have to track down the Astro unit (forgot his name), and all will be well. :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2005, 01:38 AM »
The local TRU just put these out this weekend. No wonder they're getting beat in every way by Wal-Mart and Target.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2005, 12:49 PM »
I've seen them all between target, wallyworld and tru.
Mostly the wookie and Tion are there. I picked up Grevious, R4 and the wookie, whom my son named Roar.
I let him have r4 and wookie so we've played with those. pretty cool. Grevious is still in his package as he's mine  ;)
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Maul

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
sneak preview Grievous
« Reply #143 on: May 1, 2005, 01:29 AM »
how rare is it?

Offline Avenging Knight

• Jedi Initiate
  • Guardian of Truth and Justice..and stuff like that
    • View Profile
Re: sneak preview Grievous
« Reply #144 on: May 1, 2005, 02:03 AM »
how rare is it?
Not very. I still see it on pegs from time to time. When the preview figures came out there were tons everywhere.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: sneak preview Grievous
« Reply #145 on: May 2, 2005, 01:04 AM »
I'm gonna be locking merging this one up...

Maul, general Q's about "value" tend to go ignored (as this thread appears to have been for the most part), and you can easily ask this in a previously existing thread about Preview Greivous.  You don't need to start another thread for questions of value...

Locked Merged, and keep that in mind for future reference if you would please.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2005, 02:41 PM by JediMAC »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77