Author Topic: Bonus figure vehicle sets - at Kohl's!  (Read 11661 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Bonus figure vehicle sets - at Kohl's!
« on: May 2, 2005, 03:42 PM »
Hmmm... this is very interesting.  According to RS, the AT-RT has appeared now at Kohls - but with a Bonus Clone Trooper.

Check out this image -

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/AT-RT-Bonus-Clone.jpg

Regular price is $19.99 at Kohl's (doubt Kohl's would get an exlusive, but you never know, they do have a lot more Star Wars stuff than I would have thought).  If these show up at Walmart/Target/TRU, hopefully they will still be $14.99. 

Pretty cool that Hasbro has done this... maybe, just maybe they will start throwing in army-builders like this to help sell vehicles. 

:P
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 04:19 PM by JediMAC »

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Bonus Clone Troopers!
« Reply #1 on: May 2, 2005, 04:02 PM »
Cool, I could use both of these. I doubt it'd be an exclusive, but JCPenny did get some exclusives back in the POTF2 days, so who knows. I love bonus clones, everything should have bonus clones. :)
"This is the way."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 2, 2005, 04:10 PM »
I love bonus clones, everything should have bonus clones. :)

I'd have a hard time arguing with that point!   :D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: May 2, 2005, 04:11 PM »
If everything came with a Bonus Clone, that'd be great.  With the molds tooled, the figure could easily get slipped into many different packages in future assortments, slight label change, and instant hit I think.

I'll be looking for these AT-RT's I know, especially since Kohl's often has sales.  They're like Penney's in many respects, and they ALWAYS have a sale going.  Unfortunately they're not all that common out here save for being near malls, so it'll be a trek towards a mall for me I guess to spot this.

I know I want more RT's though (crappy figure and all, the walker itself is fantastic I think), so if I get a Clone with it extra, more the better for me. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 2, 2005, 04:12 PM »
Some one, go to Khols and fetch me one.

Chop chop!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: May 2, 2005, 04:23 PM »
Ummm... going off on a tangent here....... is the Turbo tank Drive the same armor type as the At-RT driver? If so why didn't hey use that guy with ball jointed legs? It'd be soooo much better but oh well. It's Hasbro I guess this should be expexted by now. ::)
"This is the way."

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 2, 2005, 04:25 PM »
I'm gonna have to track one of those bad boys down.  Hopefully I'll get one.  I love these AT-RTs, just when you think they are going to tip over, they keep walking.
Gatillo

You are never alone when you have a clone with you.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 2, 2005, 04:34 PM »
I'd been planning on buying 1 or two more of these - glad I waited...

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #8 on: May 2, 2005, 04:52 PM »
Sounds fantastic! I already have the AT-RT and I doubt I'll buy it again just because of this, but hopefully they do this same thing with other vehicles and sets (with battledroids instead of clones in the case of Seppie vehicles).
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Violentfix

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Cobra: The Inner Sanctum
« Reply #9 on: May 2, 2005, 04:56 PM »
It's good business, if there was a clone with every vehicle, it would promote troop building and troop build must be good for business.

Now all we need to do is to convince Hasbro to double production and distribution on clones so I don't have to hunt for them.
For the GI Joe Fans out there, Check out my site:
www.cobratheinnersanctum.com

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 2, 2005, 07:09 PM »
While this is a very good concept, I can't see it being terribly succesful from a collector's standpoint, if only for the fact that the vehicles are expensive and those of us who already have the vehicles, in more cases than not, only want/need one of them.  At the very least though, the Clone looks to be the #6 version with no obvious differences, so it's not like there is anything really "exclusive" about it aside from the packaging.

That being said, it would have been nice had the ARC-170 included 3 Clone Pilots and a generic astromech; the Obi-Wan and Anakin starfighters could have included pack-in pilots for each; and the BARC Speeder could have included a Biker Sco...oh, it had one?  I thought that was an old Applause PVC that someone tossed in my box by mistake. :)

And distribution sucks because distribution has always sucked.  Hasbro's had 10 years to figure out distribution and case pack ratios and they haven't gotten any better at it in that time.  Just look at future case assortments and you'll see that many of the first 12 that aren't Vader are still being mixed in and I think we're going to have one hell of a summer ahead of us.

Somehow I don't think that the #7 R2-D2 is going to be in a whole lot of demand by the time the Mustafar Sound version comes out later this summer (or, by the rate things are going, next weekend).  ::)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 2, 2005, 08:12 PM »
Nice little army building set with the extra clone #6, I'll finally get a couple AT-RT's now.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 2, 2005, 08:39 PM »
This would put me in the market for an AT-RT as well.  Nice idea. 

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: May 2, 2005, 10:09 PM »
On a related note, the preview Wookiee warrior is now being packed in with the BARC speeder as well. Gotta love bonus clones adn wookiees. :) ;D

Pretend it came from somewhere else though ::)
"This is the way."

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #14 on: May 2, 2005, 11:24 PM »
Sweet! Good thing I haven't bought a BARC yet.

Although considering the spoilers I've seen, I think it would make more sense to put the Wookiee with the AT-RT and the clone with the BARC.... *scratches head*
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)