Author Topic: ROTS Nemoidian Soldier x2!  (Read 11431 times)

Offline Maul

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Neimodian Army
« Reply #15 on: May 4, 2005, 12:39 AM »
Anyone plan on making a Neimodian army? I know I am as these figures look great and once I stat my first photonovel I have plans for them...........

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Neimodian Army
« Reply #16 on: May 4, 2005, 12:50 AM »
I'm probably only going to get two of these and the Utapauan Warrior. They just look pretty lame, from what I've seen.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: May 4, 2005, 01:09 AM »
Depends on the Neimodian's quality more than anything...  I haven't seen the figure first-hand yet to really judge, but if it's a good figure, I'll stock up.  They seem to be a race heavy enough in the war to warrant amassing an army to fight Clones.

I wonder if they sport a removable brain bucket or not...  I like that Lucas ran with an EU design on these that was established, rather than establishing his own idea on them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #18 on: May 4, 2005, 02:51 AM »
I'm holding off on any army plans until I see the movie. If they only really appear in one specific room on one specific planet, I'll probably only get enough to recreate that scene.

I've got a feeling the action feature arm thing he has going on will turn me off from the figure, however.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #19 on: May 4, 2005, 07:53 AM »
"I like that Lucas ran with an EU design on these that was established, rather than establishing his own idea on them."

These guys were from the EU?  The only image that I had seen of them prior to the film were from comics that had been drawn after the movie was shot in 2003.

Would love to know more.

Anyway, these figures look neat, but the big goofy un-holdable gun just about blows it for me.  Who knows, maybe I'll give him Tion Meddons rifle.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Nemoidian Soldier
« Reply #20 on: May 4, 2005, 12:09 PM »
I think I want about 10 of them.  Gotta have several for various dioramas, and of course photonovels.

:P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 4, 2005, 12:22 PM »
"I like that Lucas ran with an EU design on these that was established, rather than establishing his own idea on them."

These guys were from the EU?  The only image that I had seen of them prior to the film were from comics that had been drawn after the movie was shot in 2003.

Would love to know more.

I'm pretty sure that Joe Corroney showed the Neimoidian Warriors in his HoloNet News series of illustrations.  Those appeared in the Star Wars Insider.  I'm pretty sure his look for them corresponded with the way they appear in the movie, although I can't find those images on his web site.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 4, 2005, 01:16 PM »
While I may change my opinion once I get my hands on one of these figures, but I really really really wish Hasbro hadn't put any action features into this figure (or the second Wookie Warrior for that matter). It's passable that they put the quick-draw action into the #6 clonetrooper mainly because we're getting the SA Clonetrooper #41 and that won't have action features.

I'll probably get two to flank Nute Gunray and the rest of the separatists as they cower in the bunker on Mustafar.  ;D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: May 4, 2005, 01:52 PM »
I've got a feeling the action feature arm thing he has going on will turn me off from the figure, however.

Yep.  I've got this guy and he sucks.  :(

He is pretty limited in the articulation area and his "rocket-firing cannon" is pretty much useless. 

I can't seem to put him in any pose with that rocket-launcher gun of his that doesn't look goofy.  All he looks good doing is standing there with the gun sort of on his arms like he's guarding a door.  If only he would have had a bit more arm articulation and a smaller gun, he probably would have been a better figure.

His helmet is removable though, so there is one little bright spot for customizers wanting to use his head for something better...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 4, 2005, 04:17 PM »
Can you post any pics Jeff?  Or want to trade it to me for a Clone or something?   :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: May 4, 2005, 04:34 PM »
Can you post any pics Jeff?  Or want to trade it to me for a Clone or something?   :)

Sorry, my OCD demands that I keep this one for my loose collection (whether I like it or not).  ;)

I'll try to post a picture or two tonight...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: May 4, 2005, 04:38 PM »
I'll definitely be getting one. And I would like a small army, around 8-10. If he really is akward with the gun and I don't like him I'll just customize them a bit. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 4, 2005, 04:58 PM »

There he is...

I knew I saw that somewhere.

Simple custom, but still cool.

Yea...that's mine.

It's not done....that was an in progress picture.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 4, 2005, 05:28 PM »
/\/\

That's the Joe Corroney illustration I was referring to.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 4, 2005, 06:22 PM »
Better finish that custom soon Jediknight!