Author Topic: ROTS Nemoidian Soldier x2!  (Read 11426 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Nemoidian Soldier x2!
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2005, 10:54 PM »
To be honest, I'm actually looking forward to this figure.  I love the Nemoidian Warrior - I'm shocked that so many people seem to think it's a lame figure.

:P

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2005, 10:57 PM »
I don't think it's lame, I actually like it.  I bought 3 or 4 so far, and I'm bringing them home en masse come clearance time.

However, that figure is an easy repaint.  And I hate to see it reissued so soon when there's 30 on the pegs at all times in every store, when I still don't have Bacara grunt, Cody grunt, Cody, Gree grunt etc.

Nice figure, but still a bad choice.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2005, 10:59 PM »
Quick note

On the Hasbro figure poster for Episode 3, the Warrior pictured is actually Silver Decoed like this new Variation.  I would guess they had this planned all along and were going to do a running change at some point.  Weird one to do it one but, whatever

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2005, 11:01 PM »
So, who's excited to be getting another one of these suckers in the Final 12?  Boy, I sure am, 'cause the first one's been an absolute bitch to find so far...

Matt, you know what they would have told you at San Diego if you said that...

"Well, you whiny collectors asked for army builders, so that's why we shipped so many."

To which I say, a character who stands in one position and does not move for the duration of his two seconds of screen time and of which there are only two of does not an army builder make.  When Nute Gunray, Rune Haako, and Lott Dod, all of whom have lines and (in the case of the former) have prominent roles and abundant screentime in all three prequels, don't sell as action figures, Hasbro should have the common sense (HA!) to realize Captain Statue of the Bug People isn't going to move past the collectors.

One of the funniest things I've ever seen happened today while I was out of town on business.  I had heard of people rearranging the pegs at stores so each peg had one character on them, but I'd never seen it.  Well, a Wal-Mart on my trip had fallen victim to this.  And the grand champion?

The Neimoidian Warrior, who took up four entire pegs with 31 figures.  The Wookiee Warriors and Clone Pilots each rang in with 22 each, and the only other figures represented were Tarfull, Palpatine (35), Grievous' Bodyguard, and the Super Battle Droid, all of whom had one entire peg to themselves.  Bail Organa was the "winner" in this competition with only two figures on one peg, but I laughed for a good ten minutes at the absurdity of it all.

Three of the biggest pegwarmers out there (Neimoidian, Clone Pilot, and Wookiee) and Hasbro is trotting all three of them out again at a really late stage in the game to further clog pegs nationwide.  Brilliant.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2005, 11:28 PM »
I think the character looks nice, I just hate that gun

and the articulation
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2005, 12:23 AM »
I actually like the figure too Matt, but the point stands that he's littering pegs in a film-used costume, so the silver paintjob "Commander" isn't a GREAT idea.

My like of the figure is that I think it looks good, and the Neimodian Gunner was a nice figure, he just isnt' popular.  I disagree with you some Michael on it NOT being an army builder because the character sucked, I think Hasbro over-estimated is all...  I've bought a handful, and will pick more up (especially come an expected clearance on these). 

The figure's not perfect, but he's pretty close...  SHort of some knee articulation he's really poseable.  I have mine doing an assault on some Clones using Battledroid guns till I find a suitable rifle replacement for them.

He's a good figure, just a bad figure to re-release...  I like the new paintjob even, but like the Grievous Guard he's EVERYWHERE.  :( 

I will say, my army builder glut are dwindling.  The Neimodian's lagging behind the Wookiee and Clone Pilot, but all 3 are moving VERY slowly.  In my neck of the woods, Bail and Mas Ameda are reigning pegwarmers.

This Neimodian's one of those figures where, as much as I love the figure and want more of it, I gotta just bite the bullet that what i want isn't what's good for retail at the moment.  Way WAY too many of this guy around for most.  He's not a bad figure though...  Give him the right gun and ball/socket knees and he'd be damn near perfect.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2005, 12:01 PM »
Does the head seem a little small to you guys when you take the helmet off?  That's one thing I found a little weird.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2005, 03:58 PM »
Definitely smaller than others, yet in the movie it looks small when you see the helmet and really compare...  I'm chalking it up to just variety among the species, since they really do differ between each other. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77