Author Topic: ROTS Nemoidian Soldier x2!  (Read 11429 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
ROTS Nemoidian Soldier x2!
« on: December 5, 2004, 11:37 PM »
Remember seeing a pic of this guy in an Insider a while back?  Perhaps it was the issue with the Clonetrooper on the cover.

Anyways, has anyone heard anything about a figure being made?  I thought this was a very cool design, and I hope we don't have to wait around forever to get a figure made.  I remember it took until POTJ to get a Gungan Warrior figure, and at that time there were already 4-5 Jar Jar figures...

Thoughts?  I think this guy looks great, and could also have awesome customizing potential...

:P
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 04:34 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: ROTS Nemoidian Soldier
« Reply #1 on: December 6, 2004, 12:22 AM »
Word out of Hasbro's been that they realize the potential with "army building" a bit more than they have in the past...  The Neimodian's a neat sounding figure, and a must-have, so I'm just hoping he'll be a worthy figure in the end.

Judging by most articulation seen, I think he will.  I hope they follow the design in Insider as well.  Nice continuity.  It was a pretty great design anyway as I recall.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 6, 2004, 03:12 PM »
I don't think they will make him right away.  Instead they may try to focus on the multitude clonetroopers, wookies, battle droids, Vaders, Anakins, Kenobi's, Yodas, and the like.  If we do get him it will just be one figure. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 6, 2004, 04:42 PM »
Sure would be cool if he made an appearance in the Collection 2 series, but you are probably right.

SilverZ

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 02:26 PM »
I sure hope they do. The Neimodian character design is actually pretty neat once you put them in non-silly hats and robes. The soldier looks cool, and I'd buy a bunch if they weren't preposed things.

I have a feeling this will end up being the ultimate army builder movie. There's tons of seperate conflicts to recreate involving tons of races/Seperatists/Clones/Jedi.

I really think that once they get core characters involved in the central plot of ROTS out of the way, there's even vast potential to power a SW line in a much more in-depth way that the Clone Wars line barely scratched.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 03:24 PM »
The Nemoidian Solider is on a french list that's been circulating.  I'm sure we'll get it at some point in 2005.  Especially since this character might see some action with one of the main characters in the movie.  Patience, young padawans.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 03:54 PM »
The Nemoidian Solider is on a french list that's been circulating.  I'm sure we'll get it at some point in 2005.  Especially since this character might see some action with one of the main characters in the movie.  Patience, young padawans.

Hmmm... yeah, I have a feeling they will have a run in with a young Jedi...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 12:42 PM »
Someone posted a picture at Scum that was of a custom I think, but had the Neimodian soldier picture behind it...  Why, I do not know. 

If I find it I'll post.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2004, 12:46 PM »

There he is...

I knew I saw that somewhere.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2004, 02:20 PM »
I remember seeing that too.  Just a simple custom of course, but still nice to see.

I think I'll try and customize my own Nemoidian Soldier for an upcoming photonovel.  Hopefully it won't turn out too bad.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2004, 06:21 PM »

There he is...

I knew I saw that somewhere.

Simple custom, but still cool.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2004, 08:23 PM »
When I posted that though, I did so more for the image behind the custom, haha (I'd actually not even realized the custom was a Neimodian soldier...  whoops).  The soldier picture behind him's the one from Insider though I think.  They were the reserves being used by the Separatist forces when battledroid lines fell or something, I dunno.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2004, 08:26 PM »
I like the design of the character.  It would make for a nice figure I think.

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2004, 06:41 AM »
It probably would hit the shelves as a single figure in Collection 2 and my guess on that would be July or August...considering past releases

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2004, 12:10 PM »
It probably would hit the shelves as a single figure in Collection 2 and my guess on that would be July or August...considering past releases

I could go for that.  Ever since EPI, I thought there should be some sort of Nemoidian soldier in a film.  Hope they do get a figure out!