Author Topic: Does anyone here actually play with their figures?  (Read 3937 times)

Offline Maul

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Does anyone here actually play with their figures?
« on: April 28, 2005, 05:39 PM »
Does anyone here play with the star wars figs?

i know once in a while ill play around with the republic and separatist armies and plo koon(best jedi fig)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 09:15 PM by JediMAC »

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: does anyone.........
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 05:47 PM »
I  can't pass my Geonosis Execution Diorama I built without picking up the reek and hearing him roar!  Or passing my Vader Voice changer and hearing him breathe!

heheh..loved dem sounds
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 05:51 PM »
Hmmm... I usually have a few figures around the computer and "play" with them a bit once in a while.

And I make a lot of photonovels, and my wife calls that "playing."

:P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 06:11 PM »
Oh, I'm playing with my toys right now. Pretty much every time I'm on here, there's a toy in my hand, when I'm not typing to you folks. Right now I have SAGA Red Guard, Courscant Guard, Clone Commander, and Commander Bly ATTACTIX (BTW the gun he has is dangerous. It hit me in the face and it hurt. The missle, I mean. It also shoots all the way across the room.) plus the other various figures I have strewn about.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 08:26 PM »
Sort of.  Every now and again you may catch me doing the woosh sound of a lightsaber or a blaster sound.  It's over before it begins as far as "playing" is concerned though.  Maybe if I was home more alone by myself I might play with them more.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 08:38 PM »
Maybe if I was home more alone by myself I might play with them more.

This is exactly what happens for me...if my wife and daughter go out of town (maybe 3 times a year to visit my in-laws) I get all the stuff out, set up some sort of hangar (so I can get the Vehicles out) and have a small engagement...It's not near as involved as when I was younger, but I do have a 2 story house now (didn't have that as a kid), so the hangar is usually on the landing...I have just as much fun getting them out and putting them up as I do playing with them at this age though.

At 34 am I too old? Not to me I'm not...I'd do it when the wife and daughter were in town, but my wife always wants to be to the cool characters ;) ...and I don't want to share...(kidding, she just rolls her eyes when I get new figs)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 02:36 AM »
I prefer the word "pose", but...  uh...  OK, I don't make the "bee!  bee!"  laser sounds, but I do "pose" my figures some.  I mean, I got these tower things from a toy store the other day (like lookout towers) for cheap, and I had my VOTC Stormies set up in this really cool "checkpoint" scene that wasn't up but for a week... 

Is that playing?  I guess...  in a way.  It sure was fun though!

Oh, and I got these great 4" Predator/Alien figures and I had them in this cool scene briefly where they were either takng skull trophies or the Aliens had cleared out a squad of Stormies.  Looked bitchin' really. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 02:21 PM »
Not me...  last time I played with toys like this thread describes I was about 18 and was having a small war with Military Micro Machines - which I still have back home even though the giant airbase/mountain battlefield I built on the back of an old door is gone...

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 05:00 PM »
I play with my Attacktix most every day.  I just love shooting those missles.   ;D

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2005, 05:16 PM »
Never.  Until I had a child, now I have an excuse to get down on the floor and make funny noises!

:P