Author Topic: RotS Figures - What's Missing?  (Read 9960 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: What's Missing
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2005, 02:43 PM »
From what I've seen:

-Padme in her various incarnations

-Spec Ops Clone Trooper (blue markings)

-Shock Trooper (red markings)

-Nute Gunray

-Anakin Skywalker - Pilot

-Anakin Skywalker with hood up (the Mustafar version looks like the crispy one)

-Commander Cody
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2005, 10:03 PM »
Holo Vader

Holo Palpatine

I'd love to create a scene of Anakin bowing to his Master.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: April 6, 2005, 09:29 AM »
Just thumbing through the Visual dictionary last night and there are a butt load of Clonetroopers they can still do, off the top of my head are a Green Version and a Yellow Version.  Lots of cool different armor and stuff as well.  I hope the EE 4 packs work out so they can do the same thing with Ep3 Clones/Stormies

It has also been confirmed that Owen and Beru ARE in the movie :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 6, 2005, 09:49 AM »
I noticed the same thing looking at the Visual Dictionary, Scott.  Lots and lots of clones they could still do, and cool looking ones at that.  I know I'd like to see the blue version (that seems to appear in posters/Galactic Heroes, etc.), the "shocktrooper" red variety, yellow, as well as the ones labeled "Commander Neyo" and "Commander Cody", which have variations in their helmets as well.  Hopefully we'll see more of these down the road sometime.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
ROTS Toys - Severe Lack of...
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2005, 12:04 AM »
...Separatist Forces!!!

Seriously... what have we gotten so far figure-wise?

- Grievous (several different sculpts, most are pretty good)
- Dooku (awesome figure, then the bad one in the 2-pk)
- Battle Droid (great sculpt/paint, poor plastic again)
- Super Battle Droid (both versions are weak)
- Magna Droid (cool, but not that great)
- Destroyer Droid (disappointing rehash)

And vehicle-wise?

- Tri Fighter (pretty cool, but short-packed for whatever reason)
- Wheelbike (pretty cool)
- Vulture Droid (deluxe, a $10 ripoff, should come with a Battle Droid too)
- Dwarf Spider Droid (disappointing rehash)
- Dwarf Crab Droid (looks decent)

Where's the other stuff?  Like the really cool stuff?  We do have the Mustafar Playset for those that have found it, which really can be considered a Separatist playset in a way, but will always be thought of as the place of "The Duel."

So... what are some wishlists everyone wants to see?

I have a few that I am eagerly hoping come out...

FIGURES

- Nute Gunray
- Rune Haako
- Wat Tambor
- Passel Argente
- Denaria Kee
- Po Nudo
- Shi'ido
- San Hill
- Poggle the Lesser
- Shu Mai
- Cat Miin

I assume that if these Separatist leaders are released, they will come in some sort of Screen Scenes again... I just hope we don't get the same old sculpts again... and that they have some nice removable features for Anakin to go saber happy with...

And some more -

- Holographic Darth Sidious
- Security Droid
- Nemoidian Pilot

But more than anything, I think the Separatists are getting the shaft on the vehicles... why none of these in the first assortment?

VEHICLES

- Homing Spider Droid
- Tank Droid
- Giant Crab Droid
- Droid Gunship

I dunno... I just think Hasbro is leaving out some stuff here, especially vehicle-wise for the Separatists.  The Separatists don't stand a freaking chance when setting up ROTS battle dioramas... a Homing Spider Droid or Tank Droid would really have added a lot to the mix... hell, even a rehashed AAT or Hailfire Droid might not have been a bad idea.

Thoughts?  Who else wants more Separatist stuff?

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Toys - Severe Lack of...
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2005, 12:32 AM »
Also... I do realize that there's still 2006 to make some of this stuff... but Hasbro's given a lot more love to the Republic vehicles so far...

Oh yeah... Grievous' personal starfighter too. 

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2005, 03:18 AM »
I'd really like to see the droid gunship.  I think one problem with the Sepratists, at least the gallery of them, is they're pretty boring.  Not as boring as Ask Aak or something, but for some reason they don't do it for me.  Me, I want more Jedi.  I saw the electronic lightsaber with Nick Gillard on it today.  Where is my Nick Gillard Jedi, Hasbro?

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2005, 08:12 AM »
Well they just released those Seperatist screen scenes not that far ago.  To be honest there were quite a few that just sat around.  I got mine but maybe Hasbro is a bit gunshy about them.  Or at least putting them our right away. 

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2005, 09:35 AM »
Looking at that list of Separatist leaders you compiled, Chewie, it looks as if the vast majority of them (the names I recognized at the very least) haven't really changed design-wise from their AOTC Screen Scene versions, and I can't see Hasbro devoting time and energy to doing all new sculpts so soon.

That being said, there are some on there that I would love to see come out.  Call me crazy, but Nute Gunray has been one of my favorite background characters in the prequels ("She can't do that...Jango, finish her off!" combined with that "What the **** are you talking about?" look Jango gives him cracks me up), and I'd love to get an updated version of him (even though I don't know how he dies, so please don't tell me). 

San Hill pretty much sucked in his first incarnation so if we don't get an updated version of him in the ROTS line, we can always hold out hope for Hasbro to make more movie-styled Clone Wars figures.  Wat Tambor was pretty much dead-on in the Saga version, but if they did a repaint with actual vac-metal parts instead of that horrible goldish-brown paint they were fascinated with (see also WA-7), I'd be on board for that.

Shu Mai, Passel Argente, and Poggle all hold up really well though and there are enough of those Screen Scenes floating around still that I don't think it would be all that good to rerelease those right now.

Po Nudo is the only one that I actually know out of the others you have listed (he is the Aqualish, right?) and since he hasn't been made yet, I'd say go for it, especially if he comes with a voice chip that makes that sound the Aqualish make in the Senate in AOTC (if they could include that arm motion, that would be cool too). :)

I'd also like to go on the record and say that I'd love to see good versions of the Pilot Battle Droid and the Commander Battle Droid (OOM-9) be released in the ROTS range.  They have the sculpt for OOM-9 lying around, and a Pilot should be easy enough.  They could even go the deluxe route so we wouldn't have to deal with them on a card and release three Battle Droids: the Pilot, OOM-9, and that battle damaged Security droid from the abandoned Qui-Gon Episode I 2-pack.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2005, 11:10 AM »
I dunno... just way to many Jedi Starfighters everywhere I look it seems.  It's more or less the vehicles I am upset with.   :-\

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2005, 11:54 AM »
The only sepratist item I'd realy like to see is a better Super Battle Droid. Eveyone that has come out so far is pretty cheep. I think they can do better.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2005, 12:01 PM »
I dunno... just way to many Jedi Starfighters everywhere I look it seems.  It's more or less the vehicles I am upset with.

I'm hoping/figuring that the Jedi Starfighters (Anakin and Obi-Wan's at the very least; IMO Plo Koon's will bomb completely) will start moving once the film has come out and kids see how integral they are to the first part of the film.  With the Episode II version, all Obi-Wan did was fly around in it and the scene it was involved in was basically him getting chased.  With these, we're going to see actual battles taking place on and around them, so maybe more people will be interested in them from that perspective.

I do agree though that there isn't a lot of love being shown toward the Separatist army, either in ROTS or in retrospect for the TPM and AOTC lines. 

With Episode I, they released a STAP (I still maintain that this was an awesome toy), the AAT (which they have since rereleased), a three pack of Droid Fighters (which were pretty lackluster), and another Droid Fighter that came with the Royal Starship.  Then they did the EU-themed AST which, while neat, wasn't all that great. 

I said around the time of that film on rasscm that Hasbro was passing up a really good opportunity with the MTT (the big tank that all the Battle Droids unloaded from) to do a vehicle and a carrying case at the same time.  My idea was to do an only slightly fudged scale version of the vehicle on the outside, and have the "droid rack" actually hold about 30 figures in the same way that the old Imperial Transport thing (it might have belonged to the Rebellion; it was the little bus looking thing on Hoth) worked, and each slot would have kind of an indentation where you could "hang" BDs by their backpacks if you wanted it to be (fairly) film accurate.  Sell it all for about 30 bucks, pack in a Battle Droid or a Pilot Droid, and there you go.  I would have much rather paid for a hollow piece of plastic with some functionality and detailing like the MTT than the hollow piece of overpriced plastic that the Sandcrawler turned into (I only paid 17 bucks for the thing and I still felt like I got ripped off).

With Episode II, they gave us nothing for the Separatists, unless you count the Slave I.  It wasn't until the Clone Wars line that they gave us the Geonosian Fighter and the Hailfire Droid (again, I maintain that both of these are awesome pieces).  They gave us a Spider Droid that was a piece of crap (and hooray, they're giving it to us again), and a Dooku Speeder that was good enough for what it was, but that fell prey to their obsession with action features at the time.

And now for this film, there is an inaccurate Wheel Bike with what has to be one of the worst pack-in figures of all time, and a Tri-Droid Fighter which, while completely amazing in my own mind, is pretty much MIA on shelves in most places due to the fact that it was packed 1 per case.  And from the photos, it looks as if the Vulture Droid Fighter is still using the TPM mold and as such, probably comes up short too.  They still haven't done one in a great way unless you count the Action Fleet Droid Fighter from TPM, which had its flaws as well.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2005, 12:14 PM »
I like pretty much all of your list, Chewie. And DoctorPadawan, I really dig your MTT carrying case idea. :)

Here are ones I am most interested in:

Holo Sid Holo Sid Holo Sid! :P This seems like an incredible no-brainer.

Good battle droid, SBD, and droideka, without launching features. Colored BDs--security, pilot, commander.

Homing Spider Droid

Corporate Alliance Tank Droid

Re-re-release of Hailfire droid

Re-re-release of AAT (not sure if it's in ROTS but what the hey).

Re-release of Geonosian Fighter

Even re-release of Episode I Droid Scout Tank? I have one already but the packaging says they typically travel in threes.....  :-\

Repainted Wat Tambor -- I'm fairly satisfied with the sculpt, but in particular the skin is a way wrong shade of green.

Rune Haako/Lott Dod/Gilramos Libkath/whatever his name is -- the other Neimoidian from AOTC.

Toonbuck Toora

Tikkes -- right now I have POTJ Tessek standing in.

Since he's in all three prequels and has a comparatively high amount of dialogue, Nute Gunray is probably the only Separatist leader that could justify a solo carded release as opposed to a Screen Scene.

Neimoidian Pilot -- need more organic CIS troops, although the Neimodian Gunner is a step in the right direction.

How about a return to the Episode I two-packs with bonus battle droid? Or like the Wal-Mart Clone Wars packs with bonus clone. They could be a store exclusive of easily available ROTS figures -- ROTS Dooku with droid, ROTS Grievous with droid, Neimoidian Gunner with droid, etc. -- or special figures like ROTS Nute, Holo Sid, etc.

Or -- dare I dream -- two-packs of white SA clone (AOTC or ROTS) and a self-supporting battle droid. 8)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 02:53 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2005, 02:37 PM »
Those are some very nice ideas Valin Kenobi.

Heck, even the STAP in a deluxe package might be cool.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2005, 03:48 PM »
With Hasbro basically confirming that there are more figures coming past 56 this year, and with some people finding up to number 44 right now, which figures (likely from ROTS) do you hope to see in the wave(s) following #56?  Here's a few that I understand appear in the movie, according to what I have read:

More Clones:
-Commander Cody
-Commander Neyo
-Various colored/different designations (ex. Blue Clones with Anakin, Green Clones from Kashyyk, Shocktroopers, etc.)
More Wookiees:
-Not sure if it is confirmed, but I have read that there are a couple other wookiees with "names"...either in the movie or in the novel, I'm not sure.  Commander Merumeru is one I have seen mentioned.  Otherwise, more "generic" wookiees are good too.
More Padmes:
-This could go for any prequel line, but I'm sure there are a few other versions that we could see.
Misc. Characters:
-Background Jedi (Nick Gilliard's character....Cin Drallig I believe...would be a neat one)
-Owen and Beru (very small movie appearance I'm guessing, but I think most people would like to see the figures released...actually a 2 pack might be a good idea, not sure how well Beru would sell on her own)
-Seperatist Leaders - For example, Nute Gunray (I never picked up the TPM version, or the Screen Scene, so maybe those versions are good enough...not sure if his appearance changes any...but he seems like a decent supporting character) San Hill, etc.
-Jar Jar Binks - As much as people dislike him, the AOTC one stunk, and it wouldn't be so bad to have a "normal" posed Binks in one of the later waves possibly.

I'm sure there are others I'm missing, and if we don't get them in the "evolutions" line or elsewhere, I'd like to see a real nice, normal, articulated, VOTC style Obi-Wan Kenobi....and Mace Windu.